Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Since there is a new e-peen for finding spelling and grammar errors, I thought this thread might help ET not get a ton of tubmails.

Also, I found one:

And it was fixed! – JB

Jalapeno Bootyhole here. If you found a typo, enter it as a bug! DO NOT BOTHER POSTING IT HERE, WE’RE NOT TRACKING THESE.

(If it’s already been posted, fine, we’ll get around to it eventually. But in the future, you’re better off logging a bug.)

I’m keeping this around so people can see it, and I’ll probably make a sticky thread elsewhere, but I have some notes and ground rules regarding typo reports:

Anything in a community-built forum (i.e., Forumbuildr) doesn’t count. Unless there’s a badly formed madlib (which should’ve been voted out to begin with). That goes for the forum’s description, which we don’t write.

Anything in blogs or on Flamebate doesn’t count. Basically, it’s got to be part of the game proper. Reporting an admin’s Flamebate typo might get you banned. That’s how annoying it is.

Anything posted in Spoilerpedia doesn’t count. For Christ’s sake, it’s the ****ing walkthrough anyone can edit! If there’s a typo, just fix it!

Petty, straw-grasping matters of style don’t count. People send in reports of “typos” when they’re really just flagging our use of casual English. This isn’t a textbook, people. Please don’t waste our time with trivialities.

Stuff that nobody could possibly give a **** about doesn’t count. This covers a lot of territory, and it’s a bit vague, but think before you post: Is this really an issue? Do I really think this is worth posting about? Or am I just trying to get an E-Peen™? (And yes, we know the feed for E-Peens is still referred to as “exploits” on their user profile. We can’t fix that. Ever.) For instance, yes, sometimes Bruce Bear types without a “lisp.” That’s because it would be ridiculous to try to read otherwise.

Stuff that isn’t actually wrong doesn’t count. We try to be consistent with our use of American English. That means reformed spelling, punctuation within the quotation marks and no Oxford commas (as in this sentence). However, being Canadian, we might slip up once in a while — and we kinda don’t care. This is a big site with lots of text. Even The New York Times has inconsistencies. We’re looking for major, obvious errors.

Spelling errors within forums that are obviously created by our Unintelligencer machine translation tool don’t count! I’m amazed that people actually bring them up.

NOTE: A lot of stuff is buried deep within the code and I can’t access it myself. So text apart from item descriptions, bookmarks, conversations and so on are Evil Trout’s domain, and not likely to be corrected anytime soon. Unfortunately, that may delay your Peen indefinitely.
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!