Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Let's Play A Game, Forumwarz....

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

1) Mr. Franklin: African black male, age 37, who went to law school, graduating successfully. Is a former Muslim converted to Christian Baptist, and practices his faith regularly. Is an avid smoker, who smokes 20 cigs a day. Is married, with one child. Poor Mr. Franklin isn’t given too many attractive attributes. Poor health, poor skillset. Would things change if we added “Affable, friendly, and charismatic, a natural leader”? It’s relevant; we don’t know how long we’ll be in the bunker and things are liable to be tense while we’re there AND when we get out. A leader and a lawyer could be useful on establishing a community. In addition, what about the dynamics of cutting a woman off from her husband? Also, where the hell will he get cigs in the bunker? He’s an EX smoker here.

2) Mrs. Franklin: Swedish white female, age 35, who is a part-time secretary for a large company. Quiet, keeps to herself. Non-practicing Christian Baptist. Is married, has one child. Of course Mrs Franklin makes it. reproductive age female.

3)Floyd Franklin: mixed child, age 12, mentally handicapped with a severely debilitating learning disability. Likes puppies, chocolate, and the military. You are unaware if the child’s mental disorder is genetic from family or from birth complications. Son of the Franklins. sorry dude. No way.

4) James Vitrono: Italian white male, age 33, a used-car salesman. Outstanding cook; good with kids. Divorced twice, never graduated college. Roman Catholic. Divorcees can’t keep the peace. Also, who needs to cook? We’re buried in a supply laden bunker, not a gourmet kitchen.

5)Hermann Huntington: white male, age 45, an Englishman and aristocratic-looking doctor who is unmarried. PhD in field; unable to reproduce due to sterility. Cold personality, religion unknown.a eunuch is much more likely to be non-hostile and pbumive, working bumertively to help everyone else. PHD or MD? The first part implies MD. Even if it’s just PHD there’s a good chance it’s a valuable field.

6) Vanessa Rodriguez: Dominican female, age 21. Ex-child prostitute who now helps women get off the street. Devoted Roman Catholic. Friendly, but slightly overweight. I don’t see a child prostitute as being particularly peaceful. A background like that is a practical guarantee of trouble.

7) Rick Washington: black male, age 59, civil rights social worker. Non-militant, outgoing and friendly; little experience working with other races due to self-chosen living environment. Practices Islam. Wife is deceased. Old, poor skillset, isolated.

8) Mbumaga Linn: Japanese male, age 23, organic food store clerk. Member of green party; above average experience with gardening. Political anarchist and an atheist. Unmarried. Volatile. I’m an OK gardener myself, but in a bunker like this, no volatility.

9) Adam Li: Chinese male, age 30, engaged. Quiet personality, is a cook for local oriental restaurant, studying culinary arts. Practices Buddhism faithfully. Keep families together and pick peaceful people. Also buddhism is the most peaceful faith in existence.

10) Susan Cho: Chinese female, age 28, engaged to Adam Li. Slightly snobbish; comes from money. Practices Taoism half-heartedly; is good with children. Families together, also ideal childrearing age.

11) Amy Youngston: English female, age 17, gothic personality. Raised Roman Catholic, converted to Atheism. Wants to be a clothing designer. I’ll take her. reproductive female. Sketched with few attributes again.

12) Kevin McGall: Irish male, age 46, fanatical white supremacist and military veteran. Sharp, regal, overbearing personality. Decorated for bravery multiple times; religion unkown. Vets, though combat ready, are not known for their stability. You never mention how long we’ll be in there. DO we leave before our lives are over, or is it our children who repopulate?

13) Gi’hands Mahtmah: Iranian male, age 30, self-defense instructor. Practices Islam with devotion. Heart trouble in medical background, occasional water pipe smoker.Nope.

14) Juli Mohammed: Saudi female, age 16. American patriot; vegetarian. Practices Islam half-heartedly.Yet again, child rearing age female, attractive by the way described, but not very fleshed out. Can we get more details? She’s a shoe-in as described.

15) Chelsea Masterson: Serbian female, age 19, prostitute. Drug history in past, along with arrest records. Atheist, no political affiliation. STDs icky.

16) Bishop Wesslex: German male, age 54, local Diocese Roman Catholic bishop. Powerful and persuasive public speaker; avid studier and lecturer on the Crusades. Vows of chastity and poverty. Hearty constitution and health. another leader and peacemaker. I like them. ultimately doesn’t make it though.

17) Michelle Famtishidd: Indian female, age 25, practicing nurse. Weak immune system, focuses or working out and good looks. Devoted Hindu, single. We’ll be OK. She’ll be fine.

18) Mike Preston: French white male, age 39, technology fiend. Loves books and artwork; outstanding computer programmer and gifted intelligence. Left-wing politics and agnostic. Single. Well yeah, tech’s p useful. also reproductive age.

Fortunato edited this message on 11/05/2009 7:05PM

wtfmcnuggets

Avatar: 104315 Sat Apr 11 13:02:16 -0400 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 40 Troll

i finally grew a male reproductive organ

i wasn’t sure if Hermann was a medical doctor either, but i agree, he’d be useful anyway. i dunno why anyone thinks Mrs. Franklin would be useful as a breeder. she’s already had a retard so she could have bad genes, and at age 35 she’d have a high risk pregnancy, plus the chances of having a downs syndrome baby at at 35 or older is like 1 in 200. plus she’d be distraught without her family. horrible choice imo.

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Wtfmcnuggets-

I’d like to say it’s a bad idea for such a small group to break into “tribes.” Your best chance of survival is to stay together. It’s really extremely unlikely that the little groups you want to break into would agree to going off alone in the groups you decided or would last for any length of time. No one has the know-how to survive in this time. You have a better pool of knowledge and a better chance of defense as nine. Also, you are making the problem of inbreeding worse. And bumuming your plan works and the tribes go on to flourish and start new nations, you have just started the war-like human history which led us to this point all over again.

the tribes are in the long term plan. we’d definitely hang out for 5 or so years before we split up. and like i said, i’d have all the females bear a child or two, then everyone would trade babies before branching off so that the genetic pool would be more varied. war is bound to happen again eventually no matter what. as far as defenses go, probably not much survived so i don’t think there would be much danger. once everyone learned how to cultivate food, build a basic shelter, etc. i think they’d be fine.

Shii Posted:

You guys do realize in the event of world annihilation that single-couple pairs are a really inefficient way to go about repopulating.

There’s a reason that multiple wives were allowed in the super-old days of the Bible, because it takes way, way fewer guys to populate than it does women.

you run into genetic problems this way. i think 2-3 females per male is the best solution.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Recap.

Questions that need answering:

How long will we be in the bunker? How cramped is it? Are we ultimately expected to defend ourselves as a pocket of regrown humanity? Because fighting ability is irrelevant if we’re in the bunker for the rest of our lives, but fighting ability becomes deeply relevant if we’re expected to return to the surface after five to ten years to try and scratch together a meager existence post nuke.

DerKaiserRei-
ch

Avatar: 118110 Sun May 31 19:28:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 31 Troll

One of the few user who literally understands me -Aldo

Fortunato Posted:

Recap.

Questions that need answering:

How long will we be in the bunker? How cramped is it? Are we ultimately expected to defend ourselves as a pocket of regrown humanity? Because fighting ability is irrelevant if we’re in the bunker for the rest of our lives, but fighting ability becomes deeply relevant if we’re expected to return to the surface after five to ten years to try and scratch together a meager existence post nuke.

To be honest, this wasn’t really meant to extend too far into the future; I’ll give that there was a lot of personal speculation that one would have. I might just make another scenario with even more detailed people, with a pre-set plan (i.e. leave the bunker, not the ONLY humans alive, but severely scattered), etc , etc.

This was mostly an exercise to show what the different people of FWZ think about who they would take and why they would take them. The ambiguity of the scenario leads the reader to judge for themselves how they see the world unfolding, and planning ahead as such. It shows what people are willing to prepare for first, and what traits they have on the tip of their minds as good reasons to keep certain people in the bunker.

For example, on a related note, I thought it was interesting that you were the first person to point out the Mr. Franklin would now be an EX-smoker, so long as he was locked in the bunker for a few weeks and didn’t split off from the group to find new cigs. Most people didn’t say that; maybe they bumumed there were cigs in the bunker. Perhaps it was the cancer risk that turned people off to him. I know several people didn’t pick him because of his possible genetic faults. All of these bumumptions are what make up the game. Feel free to decide just what happens inside the bubble of your own scenario, or judge others on how effective their team is in your own mind.

Like I’ve said, I’d like to make another one with more people and a more detailed plotline if this thread turns out well (which it looks like it has so far).

Thanks for the feedback!

Phariad

Avatar: 129763 Mon Jun 15 22:35:47 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 43 Troll

“Banned Camper”

DerKaiserReich Posted:

To be honest, this wasn’t really meant to extend too far into the future; I’ll give that there was a lot of personal speculation that one would have. I might just make another scenario with even more detailed people, with a pre-set plan (i.e. leave the bunker, not the ONLY humans alive, but severely scattered), etc , etc.

This was mostly an exercise to show what the different people of FWZ think about who they would take and why they would take them. The ambiguity of the scenario leads the reader to judge for themselves how they see the world unfolding, and planning ahead as such. It shows what people are willing to prepare for first, and what traits they have on the tip of their minds as good reasons to keep certain people in the bunker.

For example, on a related note, I thought it was interesting that you were the first person to point out the Mr. Franklin would now be an EX-smoker, so long as he was locked in the bunker for a few weeks and didn’t split off from the group to find new cigs. Most people didn’t say that; maybe they bumumed there were cigs in the bunker. Perhaps it was the cancer risk that turned people off to him. I know several people didn’t pick him because of his possible genetic faults. All of these bumumptions are what make up the game. Feel free to decide just what happens inside the bubble of your own scenario, or judge others on how effective their team is in your own mind.

Like I’ve said, I’d like to make another one with more people and a more detailed plotline if this thread turns out well (which it looks like it has so far).

Thanks for the feedback!

I suggested that if I didn’t take his wife or son, and he did not have any smokes, he would kill himself. Going from 20 to 0 is very hard. Doing it with a dead wife (who is in fact dinner) would be impossible.

DerKaiserRei-
ch

Avatar: 118110 Sun May 31 19:28:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 31 Troll

One of the few user who literally understands me -Aldo

Phariad Posted:

I suggested that if I didn’t take his wife or son, and he did not have any smokes, he would kill himself. Going from 20 to 0 is very hard. Doing it with a dead wife (who is in fact dinner) would be impossible.

Not bad at all, so long as you think about it.

I’m somewhat surprised that nobody chose the Bishop yet; thought he’d get someone.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I considered the bishop, but he just didn’t bring much to the table. I prefer for the males to bring some sort of useful skill to the table, and he doesn’t really have that, aside from potential leadership ability (a role that can easily be filled by somebody else). He does seem to have good genes, given how healthy he is, but there’s always that “vow of chastity” to contend with, and frankly, even if he’d be willing to drop his religious vows for humanity’s sake, I’d rather give the spots in my bunker to people who aren’t going to bring ridiculous spiritual luggage like that in with them.

To the comments about Mrs. Franklin not being a good potential breeder: I agree that there are arguments against bringing her in, but the alternatives really aren’t any better; two (ex) prostitutes and a woman with a weak immune system aren’t much better for breeding purposes, especially since it’s unknown what the cause of her son’s mental handicap was. Furthermore, given the fact that she’s been raising a very special child, she obviously has some level of compbumion and sensibility that would serve as a good example for the younger females in the bunker. If I didn’t take her, I’d take the Serbian prostitute (bumuming she hasn’t contracted any STDs), but a collection of three teenage girls whining and expecting things to be done for them in exchange for constant sex sounds like more trouble than the constant sex would be worth.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

DerKaiserReich Posted:

Not bad at all, so long as you think about it.

I’m somewhat surprised that nobody chose the Bishop yet; thought he’d get someone.

I almost took him, but his vows made him too unfavorable. Poverty means he can’t contribute to rebuilding because he hates being in debt, which is effectively what money is. Without that, you can’t run a society, not even on a small scale, because that’s one less person willing to trade skill A for skill B. Additionally, his skills are Public Speaking (Good leadership role, but without any children it just leaves a power void when he eventually dies), knowledge of the crusades (Not exactly useful in my multi-religion bunker), and hearty constitution/health (again, Ideal for leadership, but without the descendants it’s worthless)

If he were an ex-priest who cancelled his vows, he’d be worth it. Even if he only lost a single of those vows, he’d probably have made it in my bunker. But as he stands, he’s on the outside of Vault 101.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Shii Posted:

You guys do realize in the event of world annihilation that single-couple pairs are a really inefficient way to go about repopulating.

There’s a reason that multiple wives were allowed in the super-old days of the Bible, because it takes way, way fewer guys to populate than it does women.

Take the doctor and yourself, so that you could have someone making sure childbirth goes as well as possible, and then take all the women you can fit.

not the doctor, he’s old and sterile or something. but yes, i’d pick all the women + 1 or 2 guys (plus me, being a guy). maybe i’d put the prostitutes out if there’s STDs but if not, they are welcome.

It’s funny how every guy here is perfectly willing to give up their humanity and enjoy a bunch of teenage girls and women whose families they have just murdered for the sake of continuing humanity.

It’s also funny how the original list contained a bunch of women who are all worthless and submissive and a bunch of strong, intelligent males with useful skills. The truth is NONE of these people are likely to have survived. Middle-upper clbum teenage girls and housewives whose descriptions portray them as submissive? An old professor? Various middle clbum young men who are line cooks at the Chili’s? Aaaand the bumumption that these are all hot chicks Log in to see images!. A goth girl is going to be fat, lol. A pretty girl would have more likely been a victim of gang enjoy by roving bands of mercenaries who then left her for dead.

This seems like more of a nerd fantasy than an actual, thought-provoking exercise.

TIP: Peak female fertility goes from age 20-27. Pregnancies before 20 have a higher chance of complications threatening the mother. Pregnancies 28+ start having a higher chance of birth defects. Pregnancies 35+ start a rapid increase in birth defects, miscarriages, and especially retardation.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

true.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

It’s funny how every guy here is perfectly willing to give up their humanity and enjoy a bunch of teenage girls and women whose families they have just murdered for the sake of continuing humanity.

It’s also funny how the original list contained a bunch of women who are all worthless and submissive and a bunch of strong, intelligent males with useful skills. The truth is NONE of these people are likely to have survived. Middle-upper clbum teenage girls and housewives whose descriptions portray them as submissive? An old professor? Various middle clbum young men who are line cooks at the Chili’s? Aaaand the bumumption that these are all hot chicks Log in to see images!. A goth girl is going to be fat, lol. A pretty girl would have more likely been a victim of gang enjoy by roving bands of mercenaries who then left her for dead.

This seems like more of a nerd fantasy than an actual, thought-provoking exercise.

TIP: Peak female fertility goes from age 20-27. Pregnancies before 20 have a higher chance of complications threatening the mother. Pregnancies 28+ start having a higher chance of birth defects. Pregnancies 35+ start a rapid increase in birth defects, miscarriages, and especially retardation.

Who’s raping anybody? I bumume that the fact that we’re quite potentially the last 9 people on earth would put everybody in the mindset of, “Well, it’s either one of these folks or nobody.” Also, who said the girls were hot? You don’t need to be hot to breed. I bumumed they’d be average-to-ugly, and I’d just have to compensate with my wonderful genes.

I do agree that the choices for this game seem to be a bit skewed towards useless teenage girls, though. If there were some in their early-to-mid-20’s without glaring health issues, I’d have been happy to pick them. As it stands, the only reason I chose any women at all is that they’re required for re-population. The males were the only ones listed as having any sort of useful skills, and I would gladly have taken in one or two more of them if the ensuing sausage-fest wouldn’t result in humanity’s extinction.

nTerra

Avatar: 58905 Mon Oct 27 17:12:24 -0400 2008

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Nine people is hardly a healthy gene pool in the first place. People concerning themselves with the immediate threat of inbreeding is woefully ignorant of just how similar any given two people are genetically.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

nTerra Posted:

Nine people is hardly a healthy gene pool in the first place. People concerning themselves with the immediate threat of inbreeding is woefully ignorant of just how similar any given two people are genetically.

Or they’re just trying to make the best of what’s already a pretty ****ty situation by maximizing the overall difference, despite the overwhelming similarity between the genetic code of any two humans. Having a child with your sibling is much more likely to result in birth defects than having a child with somebody that’s separated from you by three or four generations of reproduction. If every child that pops out of the bunker is immediately related to every other child, the problem of inbreeding becomes much, much worse.

But your idea’s good, too.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

nTerra Posted:

Well, if you believe the Bishop, it started off with 2, so 9 is quite an improvement. Log in to see images!

nTerra

Avatar: 58905 Mon Oct 27 17:12:24 -0400 2008

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

There wasn’t really an idea in there, I just wanted to point out that talking about genetic diversity with such a small population is trivial at best. That being said….

1) Mr. Franklin: African black male, age 37, who went to law school, graduating successfully. Is a former Muslim converted to Christian Baptist, and practices his faith regularly. Is an avid smoker, who smokes 20 cigs a day. Is married, with one child. Without a formal system of law, his skill-set is pretty useless. His health is also bad and his mood would be horrible with that much withdrawal.

2) Mrs. Franklin: Swedish white female, age 35, who is a part-time secretary for a large company. Quiet, keeps to herself. Non-practicing Christian Baptist. Is married, has one child. Can’t keep the wife if I’m not taking the husband and child, and has limited time for safe breeding after this. It’s too bad; having someone with maternal skills (especially those from raising a handicapped child) would have been useful.

3)Floyd Franklin: mixed child, age 12, mentally handicapped with a severely debilitating learning disability. Likes puppies, chocolate, and the military. You are unaware if the child’s mental disorder is genetic from family or from birth complications. Son of the Franklins. Liability.

4) James Vitrono: Italian white male, age 33, a used-car salesman. Outstanding cook; good with kids. Divorced twice, never graduated college. Roman Catholic. Males have a longer breeding age than females (too old and you’re risking things like Downs from the mother even if she’s physically capable of breeding) so he’s still got a while yet. Marriageability likely won’t be a factor if the catastrophe is big enough and having someone “good with kids” is a bonus. A used-car salesman could have helpful persuasive abilities and an outstanding cook would know a thing or two about food preparation and storage for when we’re not stuck in the bunker.

5)Hermann Huntington: white male, age 45, an Englishman and aristocratic-looking doctor who is unmarried. PhD in field; unable to reproduce due to sterility. Cold personality, religion unknown. He’s got knowledge we’d need to hang on to. Tossing him out is basically the same as tossing out all human knowledge he’s been privy to as it’s highly unlikely that physical records of much of anything will have survived.

6) Vanessa Rodriguez: Dominican female, age 21. Ex-child prostitute who now helps women get off the street. Devoted Roman Catholic. Friendly, but slightly overweight.If she had diseases you would have listed them. After all, you listed poor health when applicable. Breeding age female is a good bet, if she’s devotedly religious than she has less chance of breaking in spirit. I can only hope she’s emotionally stable enough in regards to sex in order to procreate.

7) Rick Washington: black male, age 59, civil rights social worker. Non-militant, outgoing and friendly; little experience working with other races due to self-chosen living environment. Practices Islam. Wife is deceased. Getting old, but otherwise a good pick. However, with age comes health troubles, weakness, poorer adaptability and no ability to breed.

8) Mbumaga Linn: Japanese male, age 23, organic food store clerk. Member of green party; above average experience with gardening. Political anarchist and an atheist. Unmarried. I’d take him as a “second tier draft pick” but he doesn’t make the Big Nine. I’ve got too many males in this bunker already and, sadly, bum-babies are just not an option.

9) Adam Li: Chinese male, age 30, engaged. Quiet personality, is a cook for local oriental restaurant, studying culinary arts. Practices Buddhism faithfully. Quiet personalities mean they’ll follow whatever group dynamic emerges and if I want Susan Cho I should take Adam Li.

10) Susan Cho: Chinese female, age 28, engaged to Adam Li. Slightly snobbish; comes from money. Practices Taoism half-heartedly; is good with children. Breeding age female is a must, good with children is a bonus. Wish she had a skill set besides “Asian débutante,” but c’est la vie. Snobbishness is likely to become downplayed once the weight of the situation sets in (slightly means it’s not an intolerable case of it anyway).

11) Amy Youngston: English female, age 17, gothic personality. Raised Roman Catholic, converted to Atheism. Wants to be a clothing designer. It’s like you made a list of everything I find annoying and told me if I could accept it dying. I can’t because I’m a guilt-ridden person by nature, but since I have to chose she’s gone.

12) Kevin McGall: Irish male, age 46, fanatical white supremacist and military veteran. Sharp, regal, overbearing personality. Decorated for bravery multiple times; religion unkown. Fanaticism and overbearing personalities are a recipe for destruction. It would be amusing fireworks but tantamount to suicide — either now or later.

13) Gi’hands Mahtmah: Iranian male, age 30, self-defense instructor. Practices Islam with devotion. Heart trouble in medical background, occasional water pipe smoker. Heart trouble could be genetic, but it could just be environmental. Worth the risk with the age and skill set.

14) Juli Mohammed: Saudi female, age 16. American patriot; vegetarian. Practices Islam half-heartedly. Young is a plus with adaptability and a minus for usefulness. She’s Saudi but an American patriot? Vegetarian diet will likely begin to disappear with enough hunger or animal attacks. All in all chosen to have another female breeder since the description is totally bare-bones.

15) Chelsea Masterson: Serbian female, age 19, prostitute. Drug history in past, along with arrest records. Atheist, no political affiliation I don’t see a single thing going for her.

16) Bishop Wesslex: German male, age 54, local Diocese Roman Catholic bishop. Powerful and persuasive public speaker; avid studier and lecturer on the Crusades. Vows of chastity and poverty. Hearty constitution and health. Really wanted to take him but when it gets down to the wire I just feel wrong doing so. Healthy, intelligent, persuasive, could bring hope in dark times. But he’s getting old and who knows how he’d reconcile the event with his faith? Either sainthood or broken man and a lecturer on the Crusades isn’t the most useful pair of hands to have around. If not for self-preservation I would send him in my slot; I hope he finds another bunker to live in.

17) Michelle Famtishidd: Indian female, age 25, practicing nurse. Weak immune system, focuses or(on?) working out and good looks. Devoted Hindu, single. Weak immune system shouldn’t be a problem. As long as she has one and has the sense of a medical background, she should be fine. Breeding age, attractive, fit, and has a needed skill set. Not taking her would be more of a gamble than actually doing so.

18) Mike Preston: French white male, age 39, technology fiend. Loves books and artwork; outstanding computer programmer and gifted intelligence. Left-wing politics and agnostic. Single. Has desirable genes but a useless skill set. I’d be hoping that his intelligence makes up for it.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

BobTheSqueakyWeasel Posted:

Or they’re just trying to make the best of what’s already a pretty ****ty situation by maximizing the overall difference, despite the overwhelming similarity between the genetic code of any two humans. Having a child with your sibling is much more likely to result in birth defects than having a child with somebody that’s separated from you by three or four generations of reproduction. If every child that pops out of the bunker is immediately related to every other child, the problem of inbreeding becomes much, much worse.

But your idea’s good, too.

It mostly just magnifies and enhances the possibility for dangerous, recessive genes to come out in the phenotype. It’s not really that detrimental, and a 9-person genetic bottleneck is really pretty much just as bad as incest. After the first 2-3 generations they’re all going to be completely inter-related anyway, so it’s kind of a moot point.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Shii Posted:

dangerous, recessive

Lol.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Johnny Mac Posted:

Lol.

Recessive genes aren’t necessarily dangerous, thus the comma separating the two. Dangerous and/or recessive genes come to light when you re-introduce the same genes together over and over.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Shii Posted:

Recessive genes aren’t necessarily dangerous, thus the comma separating the two. Dangerous and/or recessive genes come to light when you re-introduce the same genes together over and over.

If all recessive genes were in fact dangerous, you wouldn’t need that extra adjective in the first place, so your given explanation doesn’t really justify the inclusion of the comma. That said, I don’t think your grammar is technically incorrect, but it certainly isn’t optimal. You’re talking about recessive genes that are dangerous; the comma is unnecessary. As a quick example, you might talk about a “large metal ball”, but not a “large, metal ball”. The descriptors are intended to work together, rather than independently, as your statement concerns genes which must be recessive to be considered dangerous within the context of your argument as a whole. Thus, separating the two words via comma isn’t needed, and is a bit distracting.

Back on topic, I realize that nine people isn’t going to result in an incredibly diverse gene pool to pull from. But if I’m going to make any motions whatsoever to rebuild humanity, I’d much rather give my group a few generations of genetic diversity, allowing plenty of time to scout for other survivors and further diversify the population. I reckon taking a few such precautions is ultimately better than resigning the future of the human race to inbreeding right off the bat, and it certainly isn’t any worse.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!