Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Srs Bsns Petition to make Buildr Scores not count forcibly removed submissions

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

DarkDespair5 Posted:

You think everyone in the leaderboard got there by SKILL? Hell, there are people posting last minute ‘a’ ‘b’ entries to get points.

fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society = absolute piece of ****. See this week’s entries. See bashy forums. See random memes.

Uhm, yes actually, I’m fairly sure most everyone on the top of the buildr leaderboard got there by skill.

As a long time buildrfabulous person myself, I take offense to the notion that people top the leaderboard by “gaming the system.” I submitted legit submissions for 8 straight months to get the buildr score I have, and getting up to 19 submissions into single forums every week showcases that.

I defy you to point to any poster who submitted crap but yet got high on the board, only from votewhoring and cheating and gaming the system. And don’t EVEN point to Bashy. His only flaw is that every else sucks even more than he does.

Get off your high horse. Your opinion isn’t the black-and-white definition of “humor,” so stop posing like it.

While I’m ranting I’m also getting really sick of everyone complaining about the “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” entries being awful and unfunny when I guarantee a majority of you guys either posted your own or laughed while it was going on. This reverse bandwagon thing where all of a sudden everyone hates something after the mods have cracked down is ridiculous.

I’m phenomenally disappointed at the outcome of this forum. Having a forum where every enemy is named the same thing would crack me up every time I entered.

I sincerely hope every single submission get downvoted to oblivion and creates a forum in which no content makes it in, because trying to make this forum a “by the book” forum is utterly very special. Nonsensical.

Thank you and congratulations on your attempts to ruin the first forum more than 3 people laughed at in like 5 months.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Shii Posted:

tl;dr

I overreacted some. BTW, what’s with the annoying semi-insults? Not trying to troll, Shii is cool.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 08/31/2009 11:12PM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Shii Posted:

Having a forum where every enemy is named the same thing would crack me up every time I entered.

http://4chan.org

..but in all seriousness, I agree with what your rant on the board leaders getting there by skill. Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Shii Posted:

Uhm, yes actually, I’m fairly sure most everyone on the top of the buildr leaderboard got there by skill.

As a long time buildrfabulous person myself, I take offense to the notion that people top the leaderboard by “gaming the system.” I submitted legit submissions for 8 straight months to get the buildr score I have, and getting up to 19 submissions into single forums every week showcases that.

I defy you to point to any poster who submitted crap but yet got high on the board, only from votewhoring and cheating and gaming the system. And don’t EVEN point to Bashy. His only flaw is that every else sucks even more than he does.

Get off your high horse. Your opinion isn’t the black-and-white definition of “humor,” so stop posing like it.

While I’m ranting I’m also getting really sick of everyone complaining about the “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” entries being awful and unfunny when I guarantee a majority of you guys either posted your own or laughed while it was going on. This reverse bandwagon thing where all of a sudden everyone hates something after the mods have cracked down is ridiculous.

I’m phenomenally disappointed at the outcome of this forum. Having a forum where every enemy is named the same thing would crack me up every time I entered.

I sincerely hope every single submission get downvoted to oblivion and creates a forum in which no content makes it in, because trying to make this forum a “by the book” forum is utterly very special. Nonsensical.

Thank you and congratulations on your attempts to ruin the first forum more than 3 people laughed at in like 5 months.

I could try to explain that we’re not trying to pull the rug from under you guys or force you into some narrow definition of “fun.” I could try to explain that the main reason we had to delete the enemy names is because the chocolate scoops thing meant that not only were you ruining having fun with forumbuildr, but also Domination. I could explain that if we just allowed things to happen as is, we would just have a ****ty forum we’d wind up deleting completely, making this exercise even more pointless than our attempts to salvage it.

But it’s getting a bit late and I’m kind of tired of discussing this endlessly. Instead, I’m going to offer you all some comic relief:

fine upstanding member of society

There. Copy and paste that onto a blank page and print it out. Take that page into a quiet corner and read it out to yourself, over and over, no doubt laughing uproariously all the while. Laugh to your heart’s content. What’s that? You stopped laughing? Read it again! Repeat the process, ad absurdum.

It could take hours, days, maybe weeks, but eventually you’ll get sick of the joke. Eventually, you’ll stop laughing.

And until that moment comes, I don’t want to see you leave that corner.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

There. Copy and paste that onto a blank page and print it out. Take that page into a quiet corner and read it out to yourself, over and over, no doubt laughing uproariously all the while. Laugh to your heart’s content. What’s that? You stopped laughing? Read it again! Repeat the process, ad absurdum.

It could take hours, days, maybe weeks, but eventually you’ll get sick of the joke. Eventually, you’ll stop laughing.

That. is. Gold.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

DarkDespair5 Posted:

That. is. Gold.

You would think that. *sniffs indignantly*

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I could try to explain that we’re not trying to pull the rug from under you guys or force you into some narrow definition of “fun.” I could try to explain that the main reason we had to delete the enemy names is because the chocolate scoops thing meant that not only were you ruining having fun with forumbuildr, but also Domination. I could explain that if we just allowed things to happen as is, we would just have a ****ty forum we’d wind up deleting completely, making this exercise even more pointless than our attempts to salvage it.

But it’s getting a bit late and I’m kind of tired of discussing this endlessly. Instead, I’m going to offer you all some comic relief:

Hey.

BEATS PLAYING FORUMWARZ LOL

Shii edited this message on 08/31/2009 11:51PM

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Shii Posted:

Hey.

BEATS PLAYING FORUMWARZ LOL

Agreed 100%, fine upstanding member of society is far funnier than 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Master_Troll edited this message on 09/01/2009 12:00AM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

jb that is a great post.

ghax

a) how did you get such a high buildr score? no wonder people think buildr forums are awful…

b) do you actually think you’re entitled to ill-gotten scoops? lucky you aren’t banned for flooding buildr with ****. JB used to whip out bans for that.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

ps fine upstanding member of society isn’t funny anymore

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Wow, JB, that’s one of the best @zings I’ve seen on forumwarz to date.

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

(any joke)

Blu3Schnauzer

Avatar: 16117 Sun Feb 22 17:55:30 -0500 2009

[Fetal Alcohol Pupp-
ets
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Shii Posted:

Seconded. I can practically guarantee it’s skill. As long as I have played, except for maybe when I was a dumb noob, I have never made a submission after Tuesday (unless it was for part of the style aspect of the build), and I have made it onto the leaders. And to prove it’s not a fluke, my alt is there as well, using the exact same methods.

I can tell you for a fact the players who are at the top have worked hard to be there. Even if you don’t like the jokes per se, you can still see the time and effort many of them put into their entries week after week and know that it is not a fluke or a cheat.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

You fail to understand absurdist humour. It was funny because it was a flash mob doing something absurd.

Put in the context you describe, there’s unlikely to be anything that would remain funny.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

Wow, JB, that’s one of the best @zings I’ve seen on forumwarz to date.

So that’s one person who finds JB funny at least.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

ps Tubsweetie isn’t funny anymore

Fie

Avatar: 152207 2011-11-01 00:46:41 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 47 Camwhore

I want to see some real, live poop.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Quality.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

You fail to understand absurdist humour. It was funny because it was a flash mob doing something absurd.

Put in the context you describe, there’s unlikely to be anything that would remain funny.

Personally I find it more interesting from a sociological viewpoint, bandwagoning or mob mentality I can’t see as being particularly absurd. I even actually like fine upstanding member of society since he knows that moderation is the key to not becoming dated, but now you guys have ruined him for me Log in to see images!

Scarlett

Avatar: 36175 Tue Apr 07 09:46:48 -0400 2009

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Dunatis Posted:

Personally I find it more interesting from a sociological viewpoint, bandwagoning or mob mentality I can’t see as being particularly absurd. I even actually like fine upstanding member of society since he knows that moderation is the key to not becoming dated, but now you guys have ruined him for me Log in to see images!

You obviously have not witnessed the fine upstanding member of society super secret forum.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!