Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Srs Bsns Petition to make Buildr Scores not count forcibly removed submissions

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

spacekadt Posted:

the first person that submitted “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” was legit. everyone else was stealing the idea and essentially plagarizing… that’s where the problem was

I kinda wanna know who submitted it first.

Also still waiting on mbum voting absolute pieces of **** that have a vague resemblance to topic.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 08/31/2009 10:38PM

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Johnny Mac Posted:

Also still waiting on mbum voting absolute pieces of **** that have a vague resemblance to topic.

You think everyone in the leaderboard got there by SKILL? Hell, there are people posting last minute ‘a’ ‘b’ entries to get points.

fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society = absolute piece of ****. See this week’s entries. See bashy forums. See random memes.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 08/31/2009 10:47PM

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

DarkDespair5 Posted:

You think everyone in the leaderboard got there by SKILL? Hell, there are people posting last minute ‘a’ ‘b’ entries to get points…One used it to get the design guyz epeen…

fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society = absolute piece of ****. See this week’s entries. See bashy forums. See random memes.

Still waiting for you to show me, you’re basically pulling random things that don’t help your argument.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Wait, so you’re saying that “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” is ****, all of this weeks entries is ****, and all bashy forums are ****.

What isn’t ****? Your entries?

E: I forgot, also all memes are ****.

-MLF- edited this message on 08/31/2009 10:48PM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don’t think Bashy’s themed forums are terrible, they’re just very limited. Forumwarz has reached the point where most of the big-name communities have already been parodied, an there’s considerable resistance to inducting lesser known boards into the Community Forums.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Johnny Mac Posted:

Still waiting for you to show me, you’re basically pulling random things that don’t help your argument.

Is TODAY’S fine upstanding member of society UPVOTING not enough evidence? Or Bashy forums?

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

-MLF- Posted:

Wait, so you’re saying that “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” is ****, all of this weeks entries is ****, and all bashy forums are ****.

What isn’t ****? Your entries?

E: I forgot, also all memes are ****.

I never said I was a design god…when people submit multiple boring bashy forums and the fine upstanding member of society mob thing, that’s not cool.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

DarkDespair5 Posted:

You think everyone in the leaderboard got there by SKILL? Hell, there are people posting last minute ‘a’ ‘b’ entries to get points.

having the peen is hardly an indicator of topping the buildr score leaderboard. the people at the top of the board actually did get there by skill. along with dedication. you may or may not think they’re funny, but enough people obviously did.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

spacekadt Posted:

having the peen is hardly an indicator of topping the buildr score leaderboard. the people at the top of the board actually did get there by skill. along with dedication. you may or may not think they’re funny, but enough people obviously did.

If someone bad gets enough people to vote for his submissions he can get there and top the leaderboard. I know there are good entries! I’m just sayin’ its too easy to game…

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Is TODAY’S fine upstanding member of society UPVOTING not enough evidence? Or Bashy forums?

fine upstanding member of society voting is an exception, and got taken care of by the moderators because a bunch of people came in.

Bashy forums are good, people are just ****y because he wins every time.

If you REALLY don’t think any of Bashy’s forums are good then you just have a large difference in opinion than the general population of Buildr.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

DarkDespair5 Posted:

If someone bad gets enough people to vote for his submissions he can get there and top the leaderboard. I know there are good entries! I’m just sayin’ its too easy to game…

I challenge you to get to the top of the leaderboard if it’s so easy.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

DarkDespair5 Posted:

and you’re accusing bashy of gaming the system? arguably one of the more unliked people outside of a few (where buildr is concerned anyway)? BoD hardly has the numbers to accuse them of klan voting… so how, exactly, is the gaming happening in bashy’s favor here?

spacekadt edited this message on 08/31/2009 10:54PM

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Johnny Mac Posted:

I challenge you to get to the top of the leaderboard if it’s so easy.

Don’t have the dedication, but I know someone who might..

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

DarkDespair5 Posted:

What you’re basically saying is, “I don’t like the submissions of the people who win, I think mine are better” which may mean your humour is very non-mainstream. Frankly, I’ve been in the same boat…early on, a lot of my submissions were pretty niche and got some attention, but not enough to break into builds or earn me positive buildr scores. I don’t think there’s a lot you can do about that though. Unless the majority of the voters suddenly change, it’s easier to simply adapt to their taste and try not to force one’s own idea of humour on them. At least that way one won’t get a negative score.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

spacekadt Posted:

and you’re accusing bashy of gaming the system? arguably one of the more unliked people outside of a few (where buildr is concerned anyway)? BoD hardly has the numbers to accuse them of klan voting… so how, exactly, is the gaming happening in bashy’s favor here?

OK, Bashy’s a bad example since some of the entries are actually good. Wasn’t accusing Bashy per se, just saying it’s too easy to mbum mobvote if you’ve got the people and dedication. I made a complete mess of my posts. Sorry Log in to see images!

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Don’t have the dedication, but I know someone who might..

you do understand that there are people that have been trying for about a year that haven’t managed it yet, right?

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

DarkDespair5 Posted:

OK, Bashy’s a bad example since some of the entries are actually good. Wasn’t accusing Bashy per se, just saying it’s too easy to mbum mobvote if you’ve got the people and dedication. I made a complete mess of my posts. Sorry Log in to see images!

It’s not easy to mobvote. If there’s suspicious activity it’ll be checked by mods and corrected.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Johnny Mac Posted:

It’s not easy to mobvote. If there’s suspicious activity it’ll be checked by mods and corrected.

Or, it’s easy to mobvote but equally easy to correct. I guess I overreacted some.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

It’s unfortunate, but it would be a huge pain in the bum to reset all the non “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” entries.

There’s still plenty of time, and unless you squandered all your entries on “fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society fine upstanding member of society” (what do you have against Italians anyway?) you should have no problem coming up with clever enemy names that any right-thinking individual would upvote.

If all of your entries were buried, the most you can go down in your Buildr Score is -2. Quite frankly, you had it coming.

Jalapeno Bootyhole edited this message on 08/31/2009 11:24PM

fuzzyeric

[Forumwarz Universi-
ty
]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I believe that this topic is too esoteric to be meaningfully resolved by posting to a forum thread. Perhaps a series of INCIT submissions would be more appropriate.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!