Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Zak

You feel… whole. Complete, as if you have been recently reunited with your secret twin. The Kestrel is heavy in your gauntleted fist, perfectly balanced, the faces on the blade screaming for blood; the Soulcage rests against you like a second skin, holding your frame with barely-constrained power. You feel immortal. No, more than that. You know you’re immortal, now, because you are no longer an individual.

You’re a Legionnaire once more.

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

You look around for the blind elf, but he’s no longer anywhere to be seen within the cell. The gnome, however, has resumed his usual catatonia and is curled back into that ball he so favours in the corner of the room. Save for the occasional sob coming from him, the place is as still as a mouse.

Strange. You could have sworn that, just moments ago, you could still hear the footsteps of the guards above you.

Timothy can finish picking lock to their cell, if you so desire, but otherwise there is no other visible exit to this place save either down the corridor or back into your cell. Yeah, sure, find the catacombs, but the bloody elf didn’t exactly tell you how you can get there, did he? Well, the ball’s in your court.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

He picks the lock with REAL lockpicks, this time (10). “Alright, alright you little kobold. Shut up, I’m coming.”

genericangstyposter edited this message on 11/20/2007 11:56PM

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

genericangstyposter Posted:

He picks the lock with REAL lockpicks, this time (10). “Alright, alright you little kobold. Shut up, I’m coming.”

The lock slides open smoother than bumered grease. Damn, but if it doesn’t feel good to have real tools beneath your fingers. With a soft click, the final tumbler falls into place and you turn the lock, causing the latch to hang open. Hold on… Something doesn’t feel right.

You look at the lock in your hands carefully. It isn’t a #3 pin-and-tumbler combination, though you still managed to get it open in near-record time. It’s a Puzzler & Son’s reverse-configuration. You haven’t seen one of these for years now: which is fair enough, given how they haven’t made any for years. Puzzler went out of business decades ago when New Stanford Co. began mbum-producing their “Standard locks” for half the price. The lock in your hands, however, is definitely a Puzzler’s. Bartelville, being the backwards hick town that it is, is still outfitted exclusively with their locks, and they were amongst the first puzzles your inquisitive fingers learnt to unravel.

You take an even closer look around you. While nothing appears to have changed, something certainly has. The stone, for instance, is slightly different, more aged and dirty, and the iron bars on the cells more pitted with rust than it was just a few minutes ago. Even the air, now that you think about it, smells different. The smell of **** that was prevalent has since disappeared, replaced by something more earthy. It is the kind of smell that you would bumociate with a tomb; air that has not been breathed by anything alive for the past few centuries.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak notices a change in the air. He mutters under his breath “This is why I hate dungeons. Give me a real battlefield any day…” He’s glad to have a better variety of help this time, but still doesn’t like it.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jason looks around to see if the scenery changes, as well. This is most certainly not normal.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Adin breaths in deep. It smells pretty damn good in here he decides. Reminds him of home.

Stuffed the scrolls in the smock pockets btw and yay for xp!

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

OOC: What, you people preferred the smell of ****?! Log in to see images!

Upon closer inspection, you realise that you’re definitely not in the same jail corridor as you were a few minutes past. Certainly, the “annoying kobold” of a gnome is still in the jail cell in front of you, and there’s still a jail cell behind you, but the latter cell- which, as one might so cleverly point out, had its lock just picked in order for you to be standing in the corridor- appears to be locked up as tight as a nun’s bum.

Cessana: A small part of your mind clicks as it finally works out what spell had just been cast. Of course, it’s all so obvious now that you think about it, but your teachers always said that it was impossible to teleport unwilling subjects. Goes to show how much they knew, those inflated airbags in their ivory towers.

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Night Gaunt Posted:

Stuffed the scrolls in the smock pockets btw and yay for xp!

Choose any two scrolls to be “readied” then. The rest will have to go into your backpack. Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“This is not right.” says Zak, paranoid and for good reason. “We’d better let the gnome out… we need all the help we can get.”

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Oh don’t be such a crybaby Zak.” Adin says haughtily. “Isn’t it obvious? The elf just teleported us somewhere. Most likely to the catacombs and I’ve never heard anything particularly dangerous about them so there’s nothing to be afraid of I’m sure.”

Protection from Arrows and Burning Hands scrolls are at the ready then.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak chuckled. “I figured. Just that last time I came to a dungeon… a lot like this one, in fact… it was with about a dozen soldiers like me. Only half of us made it out.”

Zak held the Black Kestrel ready, and it glinted in the dim light along with his armour. “I could use some payback.”

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/21/2007 7:04PM

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Revenge against a dungeon, eh? Well, be sure to do it one brick at a time. I don’t want us all killed.”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Where to, ladies? Available exits: behind you, down the corridor.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Come on we’re wasting time. Let’s just go and get this over with,” he says trying to nudge the group down the corridor.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak chuckles at Jason’s crack. If there’s one good thing about a Rogue besides their usefulness, it’s their sense of humour. He then turns to Cenbuma. “All right. Voaer, scout ahead. There’s no way of telling what we’ll find down here. And you, Cenbuma, stay behind me and watch your back. I probably have the best chance at taking anything we find down here, but we’ll all have to work together if we want to see daylight again.”

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Let’s still take the gnome with us. We don’t know how… useful he’d be.”

Truth be told, he had a hankering for some midget bum, and if there wasn’t going to be a female for a while… well… he had a way of convincing people. Besides that, the more of them that are there, the more likely Jason wouldn’t get eaten. So, as he always says, and as he says right now, “The more, the merrier.” He grins widely. As he’d already unlocked the door, he swings it open.

“Come on. I’ll scout a bit ahead with the gnome. We’re in some sort of dungeon. That means checking for traps, and sneaking around, and whatnot.” He spits on the ground for good luck.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

genericangstyposter Posted:

”Let’s still take the gnome with us. We don’t know how… useful he’d be.”

Truth be told, he had a hankering for some midget bum, and if there wasn’t going to be a female for a while… well… he had a way of convincing people. Besides that, the more of them that are there, the more likely Jason wouldn’t get eaten. So, as he always says, and as he says right now, “The more, the merrier.” He grins widely. As he’d already unlocked the door, he swings it open.

“Come on. I’ll scout a bit ahead with the gnome. We’re in some sort of dungeon. That means checking for traps, and sneaking around, and whatnot.” He spits on the ground for good luck.

The moment the door swings open, the gnome looks up at you, eyes wide in horror, and bolts from under your arm all this while screaming his head off. You make a lunge to grab him but he dodges you with the speed that only the truly terrified can manage. You curse softly under your breath. There goes any chance at “sneaking around”, you expect. On the up side, any traps down that corridor would be disabled by his mad rush down the path…

Strangely enough, despite the antiquated feeling of this place, somebody still took the time and effort to lit this expanse of the corridor. Which can only mean that there’s still someone living here. That, or the torches have magically remain lit for the past few months.

Welp, so much for the gnome. Party order, I bumume, is going to be Voaer, Cessana and then Zak up the rear?

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

As long as Jason isn’t behind me I don’t care what the order is. Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Alright, sure. Let’s just get moving.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!