Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Out of character the most prudent thing would probably be to do what the necromancer wants, but my character is still sticking to his elaborate plan, at least, until he gets bored with it.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I was wondering how many kobolds Zakarion could kill…

I don’t mean searching everything they’ve gone past, just the last 50 metres or so. Though if Voaer’s gonna go ahead with his just-crazy-enough-to-work plan, Zak might as well stay just in case it goes wrong. That and he’s also probably wondering how many kobolds he can kill.

NOW I get it, I have to put seperate italics for each paragraph… weird.

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/27/2007 9:22PM

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

And an added bonus: Lego Almec Zakarion, with a skeleton sneaking up on him!

Apologies for the ****ty quality, cheap digital camera to blame.

The new Castle range is great for recreating D&D, though it might help to throw some Harry Potter and maybe even Star Wars bits in there.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

And an added bonus: Lego Almec Zakarion, with a skeleton sneaking up on him!

Apologies for the ****ty quality, cheap digital camera to blame.

The new Castle range is great for recreating D&D, though it might help to throw some Harry Potter and maybe even Star Wars bits in there.

Aww! What a cute little orphan killer!

Anyway, so should we just go ahead with pretending to be a dragon since it seems we’re a bit uncreative about how to get out of situations that don’t involve killing everything in sight? Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

There’s a rule: If it’s just crazy enough to work, it will. Except when it doesn’t.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Well, I guess crazy dragon thing is where it’s at. What needs to be rolled?

genericangstyposter edited this message on 11/28/2007 8:54PM

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

genericangstyposter Posted:

Well, I guess crazy dragon thing is where it’s at. What needs to be rolled?

Bluff if anyone has it and would like to make the “woooooo” dragon noises. An illusion spell right about now would probably be very useful, no? Log in to see images!

All in favour of this plan, then?

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Sorry for my absence, family stuff. Aye.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Ah, an illusion spell WOULD be quite useful, indeed. All Jason has is a few bottles of invisibility potion.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Looks like the only thing I have is Cause Fear if gets to that point. Otherwise, just some invisible and change self spells. Let’s do this! At the very least we’ll have a hilarious death.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Or in Zak’s case, a violent, glorious death.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jason drinks one of his invisibility potions and approaches the area above where the kobolds live.

I roll move silently (10). I’ll need to know if that succeeds (or SEEMS to succeed, at the least) before I continue.

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Jason drinks one of his invisibility potions and approaches the area above where the kobolds live.

I roll move silently (10). I’ll need to know if that succeeds (or SEEMS to succeed, at the least) before I continue.

You uncork the natty-flavoured potion and grimace as you force it down your throat. You can feel the foul liquid burn as it spreads itself throughout all parts of your body, the spell inherent in the invisibility exerting its will over material reality: twisting, tugging, turning, until you look down at yourself and see… nothing.

Hmm. Not bad.

Your back near the dirt wall, you steadily make your way down. You needn’t have worried: as you approach the bottom, the sheer amount of noise they’re making hits you almost like a solid stone wall. You don’t think they would have noticed even if you had ran in screaming with a horde of naked ogre whores engaged in an all-out orgy on top of elephants… well, maybe they would have noticed that. But you’re pretty sure they haven’t noticed you.

Voaer: As you make your way down, you notice something interesting about the way the lower levels of the spiral is built. At the last fifty feet or so, little cul-de-sacs have been carved into the walls, with drag marks showing that whatever they used to hold have been dragged down into the pit. It must have been pretty damn heavy, if the marks are anything to judge by.

Twenty feet from the skull now. You can see the Kobold King (for want of a better name) standing over his rag-tag band of kobolds almost proudly, as if there was a certain paternal pride involved. In his hands he holds a greatsword, a regal (if somewhat filthy) red cape flowing over his back and a little crown on his head. Your eyes light up at the amount of gold adorning his body: it would likely fetch a pretty price on the market.

His two bodyguards, however, look like they mean business. Although they’re decked out in half-plate obviously built for someone bigger, they look rather comfortable in the armour and- more importantly- proficient in the use of such armour. You begin to worry a little: kobolds have never been the smartest of creatures, but if they’re intelligent enough to wear armour and put crowns on their heads (instead of their bums), your little ruse may require a little bit of work.

For starters, there’s the problem of wading through all the kobolds to get to beneath the skull itself. You could make a jump for it from where you are perched right now, but you know that would make SOME noise, and you’re not sure if the Three Smart Kobolds ontop would hear you if you did so. As things are now, though, you’re safe where you are.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jason tries the jump. At worst, he’ll be exposed in the middle of a bunch of kobolds (and probably die). Of course, this thought doesn’t occur to him until the middle of the jump. But he goes through it with professionalism and fervor. He tries to minimize the noise as much as possible at the bottom. Rolls move silently again, 10.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Back up at the tunnel, Zak stands still and silent, weapon ready, watching and waiting for something to happen.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Jason tries the jump. At worst, he’ll be exposed in the middle of a bunch of kobolds (and probably die). Of course, this thought doesn’t occur to him until the middle of the jump. But he goes through it with professionalism and fervor. He tries to minimize the noise as much as possible at the bottom. Rolls move silently again, 10.

You land in a crouch with a soft thump, rocking the skull slightly. The king looks your way for a moment and frowns, his hands tightening on the greatsword; very slowly, very steadily, you get to your feet, finding your balance on the giantic skull much harder than you thought it was. For a moment, you think that he would approach you… but the moment pbumes, and you breathe a short sigh of relief as he turns to his bodyguard and motions for something.

Reverently, the guard reaches to his side and pulls out an ivory horn. Unlike everything else in the pit, it gleams with a lustre that must have taken some kobold hours of polishing to achieve. It is plain, unadorned with any ornaments save a fine tracery all over the horn itself. With equal reverence the King takes the horn and, with a flourish, puts it to his lips.

A low, mournful cry echoes through the chamber. A flock of startled birds above you take to flight; you can almost hear a pin drop in the abrupt silence. You look down, and all you see are kobolds gazing up at their king with such sudden solemnity that you are, now, even more afraid than you were previously. Into the silence the King speaks.

“To the Temple. It is time.”

As one, the kobolds walk- not scramble, not shove, but walk- to a side pbumage leading out from the pit. Within mere minutes, the entire pit is now empty. You look around you: there are three exits to the place. To your left is where most of the stench is coming from; straight ahead is the “Temple”, where the kobolds have all gone; the right you have no idea, but unlike the other two, the gateway is reinforced with an undecorated stone arch.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Surprised at the movement, Zak moves forward a little and looks down, though he still tries not to make too much noise.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“That was odd.” Adin says peering towards the bottom. “It looks safe now at least,” he adds and starts walking towards the bottom.

I’m just going to say right now that my vote is for the right hand exit.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak also walks down, trying to be quiet with his clanking armour. “We’d better get out of here fast.” he says. “We don’t know when those kobolds will be back. Voaer, how long until that potion wears off?”

I can’t actually figure out where the crew learned Jason’s real name… eh.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

Zak also walks down, trying to be quiet with his clanking armour. “We’d better get out of here fast.” he says. “We don’t know when those kobolds will be back. Timothy, how long until that potion wears off?”

I can’t actually figure out where the crew learned Jason’s real name… eh.

Timothy: As far as you know, the potion’s likely going to last ten minutes, or until you club the next kobold in the back of the head. Or, at least, that’s what the old biddy who sold you the potion claims, “stake me life on it!”.
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!