Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

This guy has more tells than a first time gambler. This clearly isn’t a “trifling” matter, but it’s certainly in Jason’s best interest to exit the premises, and so he’s going to go along with whatever needs to be done… for now. “Sure thing. Let’s get the Hell out of here.”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Waiting for the rest.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak had heard the whole thing, and a shiver ran down his spine. Catacombs- another name for dungeons. He hated dungeons. Last time he’d been in one was with the Obsidian Legion- they lost their way and half their men. Zak was convinced that dungeons had been created by some sadistic higher power for the express purpose of making the lives of those foolish or unlucky enough to enter them absolutely miserable.

But it didn’t seem like he had any choice. “All right, but I’d better have your word on this.” he said to the elf. “Take us to our equipment.”

(OOC: Sorry bout that, I had to sleep.)

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/19/2007 10:40PM

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

(OOC: Sorry bout that, I had to sleep.)

OOC: How dare you!? Log in to see images!

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Fine. I suppose we don’t have much of a choice,” he tells the elf. Now speaking in elvish he adds, ”but you seem quite capable, why then, do you actually need our help? If we’re going to do this for you we should at least know what dangers we’ll be up against.”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

The blind elf smiles, this time for a fraction of a second longer than usual.

“Your friend brings up an excellent point,” he replies in Common. “Let us just say that it is best suited to my purposes for me not to leave this cell here. However, rest bumured that you will be in no danger whatsoever. It is a simple task, retrieving a cedar-wood chest that has fallen by the wayside. The biggest threat to your safety, indeed, is that of sanitation.”

He motions with his left hand in a complex motion and mumbles something under his breath. Cenbuma: It is no spell that you know, but it is clearly magical; you can feel your heart skip a beat even as reality scrambles to obey his will, an almost visible pulse of power converging upon this one point in the multiverse for a split second. Then, it is gone as quickly. Nodding to Zakarion, almost as if in recognition, the elf steps back into the shadows in the corner of his cell…

And, in almost the same instance, you see three backpacks slowly float towards you through the bars of the prison cell. Behind each figure is a smoky, insubstantial almost-humanoid figure holding your backpacks and other bumorted gear up. Cenbuma: You recognise it as an invisible servant, a simple summoning spell that the Academy Masters sometimes use to perform various menial tasks.

Well, well, well… if you so choose to accept them, gentlemen, you will find your equipment intact and accounted for. It’s time to do some dungeon raping crawling, folks.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

When the Necromancer speaks in elven, he makes an effort to pretend that he doesn’t understand it. It’s much better that he thinks I don’t, in case he decides to plot against me.

Jason dons his armor, and wears his magical pack with most of his stuff inside of it. Giving a winning smile for the nonexistent ladies, he flourishes his rapier, shields it, and readies his longbow and arrows. “Time to skewer some pigs.”

genericangstyposter edited this message on 11/20/2007 1:38AM

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak is surprised to see his equipment appear so suddenly, but smiles at the sight of his trusty halberd within his reach again. He then turns to his full plate armour, which he is slightly less fond of but still is grateful for. “I’m going to need somebody to help me put my armour on.”

(OOC: Last I remembered, full plate requires someone else to help you put it on, even if you’re proficient with it)

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/20/2007 2:14AM

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

(OOC: Last I remembered, full plate requires someone else to help you put it on, even if you’re proficient with it)

OOC: That’s right. And italics. Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

OOC: Alright, I just keep forgetting how it works. Stupid BBcode.

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

OOC: No worries.

Guys, this is a chance for you to check through your equipment and declare how you’re going to stack your inventory; if not I’m going to bumume that your potions are all in the bottom of your rucksack and it’ll take a full-round action to retrieve and quaff it. You may have three to five items- depending on size- in your “Quick Inventory” (i.e. located in a convenient location) slots, except for Voaer who bought the Handy Haversack.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

kinky_gerl87 Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

OOC: No worries.

Guys, this is a chance for you to check through your equipment and declare how you’re going to stack your inventory; if not I’m going to bumume that your potions are all in the bottom of your rucksack and it’ll take a full-round action to retrieve and quaff it. You may have three to five items- depending on size- in your “Quick Inventory” (i.e. located in a convenient location) slots, except for Voaer who bought the Handy Haversack.

OOC: So we just choose the stuff in the ‘quick inventory’ slots, essentially? If it’s that simple, my top three would be one each of the Cure Moderate Wounds and Bull’s Strength potions, and the battleaxe.

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/20/2007 2:58AM

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

OOC: So we just choose the stuff in the ‘quick inventory’ slots, essentially? If it’s that simple, my top three would be one each of the Cure Moderate Wounds and Bull’s Strength potions, and the battleaxe.

OOC: More or less, although each potion would take up one slot, and the battleaxe I bumume is going to be strapped to your back anyway, so that doesn’t require a slot.

Let me put it this way: if you can describe a logical way of storing your potions/scrolls/other consumables I’ll let you get away with five quick inventory slots; if not, just pick any three items and I’ll bumume it’s just located near the top of your haversack.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

OOC: More or less, although each potion would take up one slot, and the battleaxe I bumume is going to be strapped to your back anyway, so that doesn’t require a slot.

Let me put it this way: if you can describe a logical way of storing your potions/scrolls/other consumables I’ll let you get away with five quick inventory slots; if not, just pick any three items and I’ll bumume it’s just located near the top of your haversack.

Okay… let’s just say his potions are strapped to a belt for quick access, and his bullseye lantern hangs from his pack and can attach to his armour to leave his hands free. It’d be awesome to have it stuck on his shoulder like Cyborg from Teen Titans.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

Okay… let’s just say his potions are strapped to a belt for quick access, and his bullseye lantern hangs from his pack and can attach to his armour to leave his hands free. It’d be awesome to have it stuck on his shoulder like Cyborg from Teen Titans.

OOC: You’ll require some sort of bandoleer or rig for your potions to hang from your person: you can buy this from any marketplace the next time you’re there, but for now they’ll have to sit in your pack. Even if you did have one, though, let me just say this: remember the parable of your dwarven friend Vlel Stonecutter. Log in to see images!

As for the lantern, it’ll be weird as hell to have it hanging from one’s shoulder. Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

OOC: You’ll require some sort of bandoleer or rig for your potions to hang from your person: you can buy this from any marketplace the next time you’re there, but for now they’ll have to sit in your pack. Even if you did have one, though, let me just say this: remember the parable of your dwarven friend Vlel Stonecutter. Log in to see images!

As for the lantern, it’ll be weird as hell to have it hanging from one’s shoulder. Log in to see images!

[i]You’re a sharp one. I was just thinking of a little rig that the lantern could be attached and detached to.

Eh, just throw everything in the backpack then. With the potions on top.[/i]

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/20/2007 6:11AM

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’ll throw a cure potion, alchemist’s fire in the quick slots and can I roll up my scrolls and shove them in the artisan’s smock as well? Or should I just pick out a few to have in those pockets/quick slots?

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Night Gaunt Posted:

I’ll throw a cure potion, alchemist’s fire in the quick slots and can I roll up my scrolls and shove them in the artisan’s smock as well? Or should I just pick out a few to have in those pockets/quick slots?

Your choice. Just remember that each item counts as one slot; stuffing it down your smock for the scrolls would work, so that would give you +1 slot for scrolls and 3 more usual from the backpack.

In other news, excellent roleplaying so far everyone. 500xp to all.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Jason helps get the fighter into his armor, so the poor guy doesn’t stand there with his pants down.

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

genericangstyposter Posted:

Jason helps get the fighter into his armor, so the poor guy doesn’t stand there with his pants down.

The plate feels cool to the touch and glints with a shine that makes you slightly uneasy. No armour, especially one that hasn’t been recently polished, should gleam like that. But each elaborate whorl, every single flute and groove etched into the armour, is breathtakingly beautiful, each painstaking worked into wrought iron. You recognise the fine touch of a master artist in the persistent rose motif, but it annoys that you’re unable to place the origins of the style. While the ironwork and plate style points at traditional dwarven smithy style, the rose is more commonly bumociated with either the high elven houses or the gnome clans, but never with the dwarves.

The last plate finally locks into place, and Almac shrugs to redistribute the weight more evenly. The soft clink reminds you of a gentle rainfall upon an aut-... wait, what the ****? You shake your head to clear it. Hell, where did that come from?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!