Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Minimodding: It is annoying and shouldn't be allowed

inks

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

<congrats Tubster on subtle troll thread>

inks edited this message on 07/02/2008 8:30PM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

MC Banhammer Posted:

Minimodding: Not currently bannable.

Quoting this so I remember what post to cite in the future.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I’m a little cheesed that people feel this is a troll thread. I won’t skirt the fact that Big Brother is the main reason I brought minimodding up, but my goal was raise awareness and get real mod opinions.

I wish there were a warning or something less strong than a ban.

Minimodding basically is trolling, too. It’s not a positive contribution to a thread. If you want a moderator’s opinion on a bad post, report it. And if banhammer or similar comes in and says “hey stop that it’s bannable” that’s fine because it’s their job.

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Agreed. In fact, I find it more annoying than actual trolling myself. At least some trolls are really artful about it (if you can say that about trolls). Maybe there should be explicit warnings not to minimod – or risk banning or something?

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

The problem is, if they don’t get feedback until a mod get’s online (Which is like less than a percent of the time) they’ll think it’s acceptable.

fabulous personnum PI

Level 7 Troll

BANNED

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

I’m a little cheesed that people feel this is a troll thread. I won’t skirt the fact that Big Brother is the main reason I brought minimodding up, but my goal was raise awareness and get real mod opinions.

Minimodding basically is trolling, too. It’s not a positive contribution to a thread. If you want a moderator’s opinion on a bad post, report it. And if banhammer or similar comes in and says “hey stop that it’s bannable” that’s fine because it’s their job.

prob is, its like being a snitch, whether you inform the troller or not about where they are, or if you go cry to admin, its not cool. even a light reminder is a countertroll or a minimod. i think you guys need more specific rule ****. then again i dont care either way, i am pretty good now about not ****ting in the non rp forums..it doesnt take a huge brain to know which is which

-which is how and why i can exist on this site i think

Fagnum PI edited this message on 07/10/2008 9:39PM

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

Big Brother Posted:

The problem is, if they don’t get feedback until a mod get’s online (Which is like less than a percent of the time) they’ll think it’s acceptable.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I’m quite sure the mods are on for more then 14.4 minutes a day. Log in to see images! Tesfan edited this message on 07/10/2008 9:52PM

Minimod

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

heeeheee

Big Brother Posted:

I disagree with your time estimate.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Big Brother Posted:

thats bull****. a mod will inform them whether it’s acceptable or not, and you have no say whether it is acceptable. i do not respect your opinion, and i doubt anyone else does either, so your posts are of no value.

amaranthus

[The Gentlemans Club]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Minimodding is a form of trolling, and therefore it should be allowed only in RP forums.

amaranthus edited this message on 07/12/2008 12:13PM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

amaranthus Posted:

Minimodding is a form of trolling, and therefore it should be allowed only in RP forums.

That’s really all there is to say about this. The wait is for TPTB to get this rather simple point through their skulls.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

SG94 Posted:

That’s really all there is to say about this. The wait is for TPTB to get this rather simple point through their skulls.

Please don’t post offensively in Game Discussion. Your comment implies that TPTB is unintelligent or otherwise vacuous, and as such does not belong here.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Arktor Posted:

Please don’t post offensively in Game Discussion. Your comment implies that TPTB is unintelligent or otherwise vacuous, and as such does not belong here.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

SG94 Posted:

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Despite the inadequacy of the flamebate search I still found this thread and I don’t think it’s lost any relevancy. Minimodding never adds anything to any thread, it always pushes the focus of discussion from the topic at hand to whether or not someone’s post was acceptable or not.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Why wasn’t it against the rules in the first place? Every forum I go to has some sort of “Let the mods do their jobs, that’s why they’re mods, and you’re not” rule.

Anyway, signed.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Old thread, but I find people the minimod tend to throw around accusations of people trolling when none is to be found. Trying to hard wearing their big boy pants.

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

why don’t you guys impliment a miniban for minimodding?

miniban as in banning people from the game only like shutting down their access to their internet. Aka no forums, Sentrillion, buying, kyoubai, nada that has to do with the game itself. other areas like incit and forumbildr are ok though… or banning them from posting in Flamebate but they can do anything else except incit.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

SG94 Posted:

Despite the inadequacy of the flamebate search I still found this thread and I don’t think it’s lost any relevancy. Minimodding never adds anything to any thread, it always pushes the focus of discussion from the topic at hand to whether or not someone’s post was acceptable or not.

Why did you bump this? Have you seen a lot of minimodding around lately, or are you just trolling?

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Since the topic is up again, are we bumuming that any reply at all to an inappropriate thread or post is minimodding? A few days ago, someone posted a picture of a lynched black man in the Ayn Rands thread about Black History month. Someone posted a comment in reply, something like, “Was that really necessary?”. Is that considered minimodding? Or would the mods simply prefer the post to reported,a nd leave it at that?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!