Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Wii, PSP or DS?

Milo

Avatar: 34228 Sun Jul 19 21:54:32 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

mi brets r relli small, dnt thnik i cna get canser in them

So I have landed myself a job, finally. As a treat to myself I’m thinking of buying one of these when my money is given to me. (YAY MONEY).

Anyway, im undecided, i’ve heard good things about all 3.

Give me your opinions on which is better and why.

Ultimately I want a Wii, but I already have a console in my room which is alright for now, and either a DS or PSP would be portable.

However I really want guitar hero 3 and it’s not available for my poor old PS2.

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I would save for a wii, even though I never play mine. I pretty much just play 360 nowadays, wii needs less party games.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I would say Wii, if only for Super Smash Bros., No More Heroes, and a few other great games. But with those still difficult to find (I found mine completely with dumb luck), the DS would be your next best bet; it’s better than the PSP in a lot of ways, and cheaper to boot.

Whichever way you go, these are a few good games I’d look for:

Wii: Super Smash Bros., No More Heroes, Mario Kart

DS: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, The World Ends with You, Dementium: The Ward

PSP: Metal Gear Acid series, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (I think that’s the name), Final Fantasy Tactics

EDIT: Guitar Hero 3 is on the PS2. The graphics suck compared to the next gen versions, but it’s there.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 05/26/2008 3:47PM

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Out of those 3, WII.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

Bear Posted:

Here it is for the PS2

oh cool, i was told it wasnt available on PS2 by someone in game

Although I think the wii/xbox/ps3 versions are all better than this one.

Milo edited this message on 05/26/2008 3:48PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I think the DS is best value out of the three. You can play games on it anywhere, and it’s much more affordable.

Plus since it’s been out so long, there are dozens of great titles to choose from. The Wii probably has half a dozen triple A titles right now.

I had a PSP and after not using it for over a year sold it.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

I have a DS (a pink one >.>Log in to see images!

-Ghost-

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

FAIL Posted:

I would save for a wii, even though I never play mine. I pretty much just play 360 nowadays, wii needs less party games.

XBOX 360 WOO!

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

Evil Trout Posted:

I think the DS is best value out of the three. You can play games on it anywhere, and it’s much more affordable.

Plus since it’s been out so long, there are dozens of great titles to choose from. The Wii probably has half a dozen triple A titles right now.

The only plus I’d have to having a PSP is being able to aquire free games from someone I know.

I wasn’t goin to consider a PSP at all, but someone else put up a good arguement for it.

I want a wii eventually, but I can wait an extra month or so.

I think a PSP plus a (crap) game is around £130

A DS bundle (3 games) is around £120, which is quite good I guess.

The Wii + Wii sports is £179.99 + £60 for guitar hero 3 + £70 for Wii Fit

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Evil Trout Posted:

I agree here, to a point. The DS has had a lot of time to explore it’s high, and unique, potential, while the Wii has only a few games that really exploit it. For example, I loved the immersive experience (yet poorly executed plot) of Dementium: The Ward, which was surprising to see from a portable game – there were times that I was genuinely terrified.

But the Wii is still a tough console to find, so I’d suggest buying one if you can find one. At the very least, it still sells for more than it’s retail price on Ebay.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

FAIL Posted:

Yeah…in terms of power, the Xbox is amazing. Plus, the Xbox is the best source of Western video games; Wii, PS3, and DS rely mostly on Japanese games.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

L2 Posted:

I agree here, to a point. The DS has had a lot of time to explore it’s high, and unique, potential, while the Wii has only a few games that really exploit it. For example, I loved the immersive experience (yet poorly executed plot) of Dementium: The Ward, which was surprising to see from a portable game – there were times that I was genuinely terrified.

But the Wii is still a tough console to find, so I’d suggest buying one if you can find one. At the very least, it still sells for more than it’s retail price on Ebay.

Is it? I swear I see them all the time when I’m in Game. + the other game places usually have them new or second hand. The only wii thing I’ve found to be unavailable in most places is Wii Fit.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Milo Posted:

Is it? I swear I see them all the time when I’m in Game. + the other game places usually have them new or second hand. The only wii thing I’ve found to be unavailable in most places is Wii Fit.

It depends largely on your area. I still rarely see them, and they disappear quickly when I do.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Yeah, I bought a Wii and 3 games back in March. I’m going to get another game once I finish Zelda.

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

I’ve had my Wii collecting dust for about a year. I really should finish Zelda.

ProClitLiker

[SRSLY]

Level 14 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Milo Posted:

I really want guitar hero 3 and it’s not available for my poor old PS2.

yes it is.

Milo

[Team Shortbus]

Level 14 Camwhore

ProClitLiker Posted:

yes it is.

If you read through you’d realise this point has been said already.

SLAVE-JEWESS

Level 18 Camwhore

The Chosen Two

I love my DS but I would have to say WII is more fun.

Considering 2 of the options were personal and portable, I am guessing you want it for yourself not to share with friends though… So in that case, I would go with DS.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I think the DS is an incredible buy, though a lot of that is because of how easy it is to pirate games, as well as how convenient that makes it. Instead of carrying around a bunch of tiny cartridges, I’ve got every game for the system I want in the one cartridge that’s plugged in.

It’s hard to compare a handheld with a console though.

For the consoles my pick order would probably be:

PS3 (if you’ve got an HD TV, because it looks goddamn AMAZING and it’s nice to have a Blu-ray player for “free”Log in to see images!

XBox 360 (great games, amazing online interface and content)

Wii (innovative games and potential, but just doesn’t deliver for some genres)

PS3 without HD TV (lots of money for less value than the 360, and most of it’s good games exist on both)

Edit: So I just noticed the topic says PSP and not PS3, which I guess makes more sense price-wise. Don’t get a PSP.

Sancdar edited this message on 05/27/2008 11:14AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!