Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest CLOSED: THE SECRET OF MYSPACE TOM REVEALED - A TSB RIDDLE. CURRENT PRIZE FUND – 25BP

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

i think i completed stage 2…

pants can you confirm/deny?

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

PhilANThropiSt Posted:

CZARNIAN bumbumIN HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THE CONTEST DUE TO BEING A GIGANTIC fabulous person AND AN ALT OF SOMEONE ALREADY COMPETING

LAME

haha wow i just noticed

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

MC Banhammer Posted:

I publicly thank Acid Flux for all the help he’s given me on Phase 4.

Which is pretty much telling me how to do it and let me do the work, because I went way off the wrong path and couldn’t get back.

Yes. I’m lame that way. (And others.)

Yes. Yes you are.Log in to see images!

And you’re welcome.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

gigerth Posted:

haha wow i just noticed

It took you that long to notice that he was a gigantic fabulous person? Log in to see images!

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

****ing fatties and loving it since he was a teen

handofg0d Posted:

i think i completed stage 2…

pants can you confirm/deny?

YES YOU HAVE, STAGE 3 SENT

PhilANThropiSt edited this message on 05/09/2008 7:55AM

lfish24601

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 31 Emo Kid

“Zorba the Bleak”

Hey, just so I don’t unintentionally spam anyone else; will I definitely know I’ve found the answer to Stage 5 when I find it? Or should I go back to spamming people?

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

lfish24601 Posted:

Hey, just so I don’t unintentionally spam anyone else; will I definitely know I’ve found the answer to Stage 5 when I find it? Or should I go back to spamming people?

UM, YOU’LL GET A TUBMAIL BACK FROM THE PERSON IF IT’S RIGHT I SUPPOSE!

PhilANThropiSt edited this message on 05/09/2008 8:07AM

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

ALSO IF YOU HAVE STAGE 4 BUT DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO THEN TUBMAIL ME

PhilANThropiSt edited this message on 05/09/2008 8:07AM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Yeah, I’ve officially hit a brick wall with Stage Five. I could simply do a mbum Tubmailing to every ForumWarz player I can think of to solve it (with the correct answer message of course, which I figured out). But without a detailed knowledge of the player base, there’s no way to know which person is the correct recipient.

I think this riddle makes perfect sense to whoever created it, but it requires too much ‘inside knowledge’. For example, if I challenged you with the riddle, “Which camera company is a pirate captain’s favorite?” you may be able to do some research and figure out that I meant ‘Canon’ (i.e., cannon).

But if I asked you which intern at Canon USA is most likely to become a pirate, well, unless you’ve actually talked to Roger Jolly in purchasing, you’d have zero chance of solving the ‘riddle’.

I’m sure some people will be able to figure out this riddle, but I don’t think I’ll be one of them. It’s just too specific to the forum, and not a good general riddle. All the previous ones were solvable by anyone, even if they had just joined ForumWarz today. This is the first that requires intimate knowledge of the forums here.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

IT’S A FORUMWARZ RIDDLE

IT RELIES ON THE FACT THAT THE USER POSTS ON THE FORUMS AND PLAYS FORUMWARZ

IF THE USER DOESN’T FALL INTO THOSE CATEGORIES, THEY SHOULD DO A NON-FORUMWARZ RIDDLE. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OUT THERE

AND IT’S REALLY NOT THAT HARD, WHINGEFLUX!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Perhaps I’m looking at it from the wrong angle. And I agree, it’s simply my opinion that this type of contest/challenge shouldn’t require exacting knowledge of other players posts and personality, which is what it seems this riddle is addressing. But as I said, it is the first riddle in this series that requires specific forum-related knowledge. If it is intended as a filter to make sure that only dedicated and determined ForumWarz players that are active in the general community pbum through to Stage Six, then it is well designed.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Guess that’s me out then, I haven’t got a scooby Log in to see images!

Natalie Petr-
ov

Avatar: 30861 2010-01-24 16:36:34 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

It’s . . . really much, much simpler than you’re thinking it is, and it’s . . . it’s definitely referencing a player that everyone knows.

And I have no idea what you think you’re supposed to tubmail them; I came up with the damn thing, and I know it just says to tubmail them SOMETHING. There’s nothing specific. If PANTS is amenable to it, I’m fine with him posting a hint.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Natalie Posted:

It’s . . . really much, much simpler than you’re thinking it is, and it’s . . . it’s definitely referencing a player that everyone knows.

And I have no idea what you think you’re supposed to tubmail them; I came up with the damn thing, and I know it just says to tubmail them SOMETHING. There’s nothing specific. If PANTS is amenable to it, I’m fine with him posting a hint.

I know that we simply have to tubmail the person, and that there’s nothing specific that you have to include (I guess other than something indicating that it’s not just a regular everyday Tubmail and actually related to the challenge). I just didn’t want to spoil anything and end up with multiple players spamming multiple possible recipients with a non-answer.

I think I figured it out, but I’ll have to wait to see. I’m definitely not going on a spamming spree just to complete the stage. I not a Troll IRL.

PhilANThropi-
St

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

STAGE 5 HINT:

THE ACCOUNT YOU’RE MEANT TO BE TUBMAILING MAY OR MAY NOT RHYME WITH SOMETHING IN STAGE 5

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Stage 5 completed. Waiting for confirmation (but I know I’m right).

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

In Stage Ten we discover that each of the accounts we’ve TMed are all the alts of a single person. And that person is MySpace Tom.
Acid Flux edited this message on 05/09/2008 10:26AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Acid Flux Posted:

In Stage Ten we discover that each of the accounts we’ve TMed are all the alts of a single person. And that person is MySpace Tom.

Please use the <spoiler> tags when talking about things others haven’t gotten to. Thanks.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Please use the <spoiler> tags when talking about things others haven’t gotten to. Thanks.

Please use the <spoiler> tag when posting anything, so nobody has to see your awful posts. Thanks

pimp doubt

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Woo, finally stage 2! (_)_)::::::::::::Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!