Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature items turning into items turning into items

TheRealSuper-
Happy

Avatar: 200618 2010-02-10 23:28:59 -0500

[Gigantic male reproductive organ in the bum]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

I’m beginnin’ to think SuperGenus is full of **** and this isn’t gonna happen.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

I think I accidently sold the expired medicine I was cultivating. Either that, or it transformed into something that I currently can’t find.

spongebob-sc-
out

Avatar: 96536 Mon Sep 07 13:08:51 -0400 2009

[WeChall]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Streaks are really important :sarc:

I accidentally sold it.

Oh well, im going to buy a little happidex, and wait for it to expire.

Then i amm going to save up my junk until the expired med evolved into something awesome.

Then i selll all of my ****.

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

TheRealSuperHappy Posted:

I’m beginnin’ to think SuperGenus is full of **** and this isn’t gonna happen.

handofg0d Posted:

not full of ****, i had some items (in my items not deliveries) from ep 2 that i hadn’t touched in months and they turned to black goo. so it does happen.

Duncecap

[The Airship]

Level 44 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

None of my junk has transformed so far, (other than expired medication into black goo after nearly a month from EP2), but it might be a purposely rare happening.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’m astounded by all the instant gratification people.

It hasn’t been that long. Normal decay from back before Ep3 was what, seven days? Longer? Does anyone seriously think that an item which would IMPROVE would do so in anything even RESEMBLING so short a time frame?

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

What I’m wondering is how it works in a situation like

1. Receive Junk item of type X

2. Wait one week

3. Receive another item of type X, then sell one

Does it sell the older one or the newer one… this question is very important and I hope we are able to find an answer.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

man-man Posted:

What I’m wondering is how it works in a situation like

1. Receive Junk item of type X

2. Wait one week

3. Receive another item of type X, then sell one

Does it sell the older one or the newer one… this question is very important and I hope we are able to find an answer.

During Gameplay Tuneup, the answer was “oldest first”.

Don’t know if that changed since Ep3.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Silly rabbits. Don’t you all know this is a feature intended only for inactive players? Those who go away and leave ET in peace for a year once the episode is done?

Also, I’m really not getting where you guys think delivery junk is going to evolve like consumables. SuperGenus2 talks about specialized junk (aka the expired meds that are attached to the tubmail.) The tubmail reads exactly like an introduction/warning – that consumables will expire – to players who haven’t played since Episode 2. Expiring consumables were introduced after the game play tuneup, it makes sense that ET would want to put something in the early chats the let old returning players know that their 100k consumable was going to go poof.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

scully Posted:

it makes sense that ET would want to put something in the early chats the let old returning players know that their 100k consumable was going to go poof.

Except that logic falls apart when faced with the fact that I suggested moving that convo to near the beginning of Ep1, because new players will have learned about these harsh effects long before they get to when the character is unlocked in Ep3, and that wasn’t done.

The fact that he’s in Gimpy and not sTalk would have to be changed, but still — if there’s no new info, then the convo is really rather pointless where it’s at.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

To quote directly from the conversation in question,

man-man: What kinds of things?

SuperGenus2: Anything is a thing and that thing can being differential thing. In any other words whatever junk you have lying about.

man-man: If I can make a logical leap of faith: Do you mean that all this unsolicited crap people keep sending me could be somehow alchemized into something useful?

SuperGenus2: By occasion!!

and then shortly after

man-man: So let me get this straight. You theorize that if I let any old junk sit around long enough it will turn into something better?

SuperGenus2: That is prediculous. The sillitude of your thoughtliness bemazes me. Who could overstand such alienistic propositionals?

man-man: So, what then?

SuperGenus2: I can explate this in a bester way for your tiny brainium. Take some grape juice and after some monthlings it will be wine. But take some raw chicken and it will devolute to a mbum of rottened bactrium that fester usefulessly.

man-man: So, given time, everything changes, for the better or worse. At least when it comes to my junk.

SuperGenus2: Precisionated! And the best part about my discoverance is that you can begin enjoining it postcurrently!

Really rather seems to be suggesting that any junk will eventually change, and potentially into something better, rather than it just being an introduction to expiring consumables.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Nevermind. I am in a ****y mood and shouldn’t be posting. Log in to see images! scully edited this message on 02/01/2010 3:54PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Well…

During gameplay rollover, which lasted for weeks, and had rollover every 4 hours (or was it 2?), I found myself, near the very very end, the proud possessor of an item I had never seen before, nor since. It was the result of something decaying.

Since we had spaded out all consumable decays excluding software ones, and I knew none of what we had spaded turned into that item, I thought it was software and so when we went live with Gameplay Tuneup, I bought 10 of each software consumable.

Those have yet to decay, and ET has told me they don’t.

Which leads me to believe that maybe, just MAYBE, it was some junk which decayed to the improved state.

Now, that item was still junk, and since I have no idea what junk it started at I don’t know if it wound up more or less valuable. But it was still just junk (no abilities).

And no, I don’t want to reveal what it was. Sorry.

SoronTheBeast

Avatar: 159958 2010-01-24 16:32:03 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

There's your 3 BPs. Now stop ****ing whining about THIRTEEN CENTS you pathetic no-lifer. - Fran

Well, if EVERYTHING change I can’t wait to see what my 110007 Raffle Tickets I have been holding on to turn into!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Well, I got about 20 of every consumable (3 of the REALLY expensive ones) on an alt, so that’s covered, now to get some of every Junk and wait on another alt…

I’m not 100% concerned with what turns into what at this point, only if SOMETHING turns into something valuable.

animemangavg

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Whoo. 3 Flezz Green Goo. 22 of my items.

...I’m so glad I waited. /sarcasm

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. It was just week consumables anyways. Looks like those last about a week.

animemangavg edited this message on 02/02/2010 10:14AM

****bumho

Avatar: 212478 2013-08-01 23:03:28 -0400

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

It’s really starting to freak me out, because I’m holding 10 mil worth of junk at the moment, and I keep buying more. Hoping to have one of every junk in the end, and just keep building my junk collection until the semester ends. By that point in time, I should either have a heaping pile of really awesome junk/useful items, or I should have a heaping pile of my brains on the wall next to my desk. Idunno, any thoughts on whether I should let it go or keep building my collection of junk?

It’s actually getting harder to sell ****ty moar files, btw. Also locating them in kyoubai.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

****bumho Posted:

It’s actually getting harder to sell ****ty moar files, btw. Also locating them in kyoubai.

Have you tried the Ppwn Shoppe? ****ty .moar files tend to sell for more there anyway.

****bumho

Avatar: 212478 2013-08-01 23:03:28 -0400

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Sneaky27 Posted:

Have you tried the Ppwn Shoppe? ****ty .moar files tend to sell for more there anyway.

That was kind of what I mean by selling them, in that first sentence. It doesn’t matter if you do it in ppwn shoppe or kyoubai, when you have 200 items, you still have to search for the ones that you want to sell. And no, I don’t want to hit sell all, I have ones that I like to keep for turnover purposes.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

It’d be cool of the med’s expired into a poison attack item that damages the thread for a set number of turns.

Not sure how that’d work over the internet, though.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!