Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ The Sisterhood presents: Secondary Stats and What They Do (Spoilers and Math within!)

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

Delafina Posted:

So anyway, if it’s not your favored mode of playing, don’t read the threads about it. But no one’s “ruining the community” by analyzing the game.

analyzing it in order to break it/find the optimum cookie cutting builds does ruin the community

it turns people into a bunch of pretentious bumholes who think they’re better than everybody else

how many times does this need to be said Log in to see images!

Acid Flux Posted:

The community only gets ruined by people trash talking other players. And insulting the active players that try to make meaningful contributions to the game is a good way to start trend, gigerth.

afraid you’re wrong there, bub

this isn’t a “meaningful contribution”

it’s the first step on the way to the ****ter

then again, that’s just my opinion

and hey, who the **** pays attention to me anyways? Log in to see images!

oh, and if you’re talking about me calling sotqr/FoL flaming piles of **** with your insulting other players comment

they’ve become that with this thread, and i stand by what i said

it’s a game about internet memes and male reproductive organ jokes, you’re taking **** far too seriously

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Well, since you’re going to such effort to cast our work as villainous, I shall “pay attention” and “take **** too seriously”.

gigerth Posted:

the game won’t really change much, it’ll stay a decent/good game

but the community will turn into a flaming pile of ****

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

The Klans that thrive on spading are usually filled with self righteous fabulous persons.

gigerth Posted:

analyzing it in order to break it/find the optimum cookie cutting builds does ruin the community

it turns people into a bunch of pretentious bumholes who think they’re better than everybody else

how many times does this need to be said Log in to see images!

These are some excellent examples of Post Hoc logic fallacies. You are claiming that, because one thing follows another (i.e. people spade data = ruined community/self righteous fabulous persons/pretentious bumholes), then the trailing factor was caused by the leading factor.

Unfortunately, this information is like any other tool. It is simply a tool. How people use it depends on the person, not the tool. A perfect example is your actions here. We posted this information, and you stepped in to start bashing the researchers and acting trollish. If we used the same Post Hoc fallacy you did, we would say that our post caused you to become trollish. However, you and many members of your klan have acted trollish ever since your klan started interacting with the community.

The whole thing about pretentious/self righteous/etc is actually pretty ironic considering your own attitude here and elsewhere, as well as the more…. vocal members of your klan. Your own actions show that people can be pretentious/self righteous/etc without doing any kind of spading or sharing with the community. Heck, your catch phrase of “it’s a game about internet memes and male reproductive organ jokes, you’re taking **** far too seriously” is extremely pretentious and self righteous, insisting that the theme of the game dictates that players should not be “serious”.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Our klan isn’t self righteous or pretentious. We know that a lot of what we do isn’t good, and don’t think we’re better for it.

We’re just funnier.

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

Bubo Posted:

Unfortunately, this information is like any other tool. It is simply a tool. How people use it depends on the person, not the tool.

it will turn most people into pretentious fabulous persons, simply due to the nature and stupidity of many

Bubo Posted:

The whole thing about pretentious/self righteous/etc is actually pretty ironic considering your own attitude here and elsewhere, as well as the more…. vocal members of your klan. Your own actions show that people can be pretentious/self righteous/etc without doing any kind of spading or sharing with the community.

you’re an idiot

that’s all i really have to say in response to this

Bubo Posted:

Heck, your catch phrase of “it’s a game about internet memes and male reproductive organ jokes, you’re taking **** far too seriously” is extremely pretentious and self righteous, insisting that the theme of the game dictates that players should not be “serious”.

if it were a game comprised of scat and gay sex

and used standard rpg stats, or mechanics similar to forumwarz

would you still be analyzing it?

for some reason i doubt this

(this isn’t unrelated to the subject Log in to see images!)

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

You entertain yourselves by trolling the more serious Flamebate forums, we entertain ourselves by gathering data and finding cool **** to do with it.

****, it’s not like we’ve posted any optimal builds in here or anything.

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

Sancdar Posted:

You entertain yourselves by trolling the more serious Flamebate forums, we entertain ourselves by gathering data and finding cool **** to do with it.

****, it’s not like we’ve posted any optimal builds in here or anything.

they will come along, eventually

builds don’t matter as much now, but in episode 2 they will

why else would you be preparing this information? Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

gigerth Posted:

it’s a game about internet memes and male reproductive organ jokes, you’re taking **** far too seriously

Dude…. you’re the one getting your panties in a twist screaming that the sky is falling, Chicken Little.

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

Dude…. you’re the one getting your panties in a twist screaming that the sky is falling, Chicken Little.

it is

the end of forumwarz is near

and by near i mean in a year or so

maybe a few months from episode 2’s release Log in to see images!

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I honestly don’t see how we’re ruining your single-player experience by having basic mechanics available, regardless of what strats might be cooked up eventually. Regardless, trying to point to some “effect on the community” is just bull****. A dozen people gathering and organizing data is enough to turn the whole community into pretentious male reproductive organwads? I think active trolling is much more harmful to whatever warm and fuzzy feelings you’re trying to get out of the forums than detailed testing will ever be.

The Serised

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Cool. I remember seeing your post on the private Klan forums asking for deets on upgrades etc. I wasn’t high enough level to put in any info. Log in to see images!

Nice work everyone. Log in to see images!

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

gigerth Posted:

they will come along, eventually

builds don’t matter as much now, but in episode 2 they will

why else would you be preparing this information? Log in to see images!

I can’t speak for the sisterhood, but I prepare such information because it interests me to do so. I don’t especially care if I’m any good at the game. I just want to know how it works.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

gigerth Posted:

it is

the end of forumwarz is near

and by near i mean in a year or so

maybe a few months from episode 2’s release Log in to see images!

Oddly enough, by providing this information to those players that wish to use it, it helps those players generate more constructive feedback, which in turn helps CZ fine tune the game even further, thereby improving the game overall.

And at the same time, those individuals that are playing the single player ‘campaign’ don’t have to use this info if they don’t want to, because the entire thread is listed as a spoiler. Anyone that would complain about their game being ruined after clicking on a link marked spoiler is bringing down our IQ average anyways and needs to be booted.

So it’s win win.

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

Sancdar Posted:

I honestly don’t see how we’re ruining your single-player experience by having basic mechanics available, regardless of what strats might be cooked up eventually.

it doesn’t affect my single player experience at all

and i never said it has Log in to see images!

oh, and depending on how episode two is made

there will be builds/bull**** everywhere within a few weeks, months at most

just going off of what it sounds like

Sancdar Posted:

Regardless, trying to point to some “effect on the community” is just bull****. A dozen people gathering and organizing data is enough to turn the whole community into pretentious male reproductive organwads? I think active trolling is much more harmful to whatever warm and fuzzy feelings you’re trying to get out of the forums than detailed testing will ever be.

the community is decent so far, and i probably would’ve left by now if it wasn’t for tsb

and yes, gathering and organizing data will turn the community into pretentious fabulous persons

as far as i know they eliminated trolling from all but the rp boards

and those boards were meant for trolling, so i don’t have a ****ing clue as to what you’re talking about there

unless you’re implying something, of course Log in to see images!

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

Acid Flux Posted:

Oddly enough, by providing this information to those players that wish to use it, it helps those players generate more constructive feedback, which in turn helps CZ fine tune the game even further, thereby improving the game overall.

And at the same time, those individuals that are playing the single player ‘campaign’ don’t have to use this info if they don’t want to, because the entire thread is listed as a spoiler. Anyone that would complain about their game being ruined after clicking on a link marked spoiler is bringing down our IQ average anyways and needs to be booted.

So it’s win win.

still don’t think you’re getting the point

i don’t give a **** about the actual gameplay

just the community

perhaps you’ve misunderstood

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

average mario Posted:

I can’t speak for the sisterhood, but I prepare such information because it interests me to do so. I don’t especially care if I’m any good at the game. I just want to know how it works.

and you shall be the downfall of the game

good job Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

gigerth Posted:

still don’t think you’re getting the point

i don’t give a **** about the actual gameplay

just the community

perhaps you’ve misunderstood

The only portion of the community this will affect will be those that were looking to exploit & min/max anyways. The posting of a ‘guidebook’ doesn’t turn someone into a munchkin automatically. They either want to be a munchkin or not.

funkytowel

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

gigerth Posted:

and you shall be the downfall of the game

good job Log in to see images! funkytowel edited this message on 03/27/2008 12:47AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

gigerth,

Okay. We get it. You don’t like the research that the Sisters did, and which other klans were also working on, only the Sisters published first. Thanks for your opinion. Now kindly leave others who might actually like it to offer their gratitude, post their manipulations of the numbers, etc.

You’re not going to convince anyone who disagrees with you of your point of view, and they’re not going to convince you of theirs. So continued arguments are nothing more than flaming. If you insist on continuing your arguments, then please take them to the Whiny ****es forum, where they’re more than welcome.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Guess that closes that Pandora’s Box.

Delafina

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I’m still mystified as to what all the fuss is about.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!