Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ The Sisterhood presents: Secondary Stats and What They Do (Spoilers and Math within!)

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

gigerth Posted:

ugh

this is the **** that’s going to ruin the game

you can’t just play it and enjoy?

you have to find out every single detail?

Some of us enjoy trying to figure this stuff out. If you think it’d ruin your enjoyment of the game, you certainly don’t have to read it.

EDIT: Ninja’d by a camwhore!

MC Banhammer edited this message on 03/26/2008 4:52PM

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

Escher Posted:

For some of us, that’s the most fun part of playing. And I don’t think it’s going to destroy anything – there’s no perfect build or perfect way to play.

but you’ll try and find it anyway

it’ll just turn into a bunch of cookie-cutting ****, builds to max out flezz and scoops and all other bumortments of crap

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

The Offense table is interesting…It looks like the actual calcuation is something like: the percentage is (Offense – 1) * 7.7. That would mean the actual damage is:

Damage * (1 + ((Offense – 1) * .077))

Or, to put it another way:

Damage * ((Offense * .077) + .923)

I may be off by .1 somewhere, though, and I don’t know about the rounding. Still, I think it’s more likely that it’s this rather than a “percentage”. Log in to see images!

The Cheat

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Re-Re

It's not just a clever name

gigerth Posted:

but you’ll try and find it anyway

it’ll just turn into a bunch of cookie-cutting ****, builds to max out flezz and scoops and all other bumortments of crap

And this spading and min/maxing would affect you how?

average mario

[Brainfreeze]

Level 66 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

This is what FoL has.

DamageDealt = Round(BaseDamage * (1 + (Offense – 1)/13)

Essentially your attacks double in power at 14.

An interesting side effect is that there are a discrete number of damages that can be done for each attack regardless of the offense. Flirt can do 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 damage with offense 1. It can do 10, 12, 14, 15, or 17 damage with offense 10. I don’t believe that you can do 11 damage with flirt at offense 10.

You shouldn’t get any odd numbers with an offense of 14.

average mario edited this message on 03/26/2008 5:34PM

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

The Cheat Posted:

And this spading and min/maxing would affect you how?

the same way it affected KoL

the game won’t really change much, it’ll stay a decent/good game

but the community will turn into a flaming pile of ****

i can already see it with FoL/sotqr

gigerth edited this message on 03/26/2008 5:21PM

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

Listen2Reason Posted:

The Offense table is interesting…It looks like the actual calcuation is something like: the percentage is (Offense – 1) * 7.7. That would mean the actual damage is:

Damage * (1 + ((Offense – 1) * .077))

Or, to put it another way:

Damage * ((Offense * .077) + .923)

I may be off by .1 somewhere, though, and I don’t know about the rounding. Still, I think it’s more likely that it’s this rather than a “percentage”. Log in to see images!

.767 is what we found; we converted it to the percentages above to make it easier to reference.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

gigerth Posted:

ugh

this is the **** that’s going to ruin the game

you can’t just play it and enjoy?

you have to find out every single detail?

Oh wow, not everyone is a casual gamer. Imagine that.

For some of us, half the fun is in setting goals for ourselves and completing them. Whether it’s Forumbuildr, Domination, or just figuring out the mechanics of the game, it’s a way to add more depth and challenge to the game.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 03/26/2008 7:16PM

windandwater

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

This is pretty cool, thanks. I just got haxl to reset my points and I can’t wait to see how much more damage I do.

gigerth

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

For some of us, half the fun is in setting goals for ourselves and completing them. Whether it’s Forumbuildr, Domination, or just figuring out the mechanics of the game, it’s a way to add more depth and challenge to the game.

read the posts i made after that Log in to see images!

tl;dr – it’ll turn the game into another KoL, ruin the community, blah blah

oh, and i’m anything but a “casual” gamer

Rabid Raccoon

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

gigerth Posted:

read the posts i made after that Log in to see images!

tl;dr – it’ll turn the game into another KoL, ruin the community, blah blah

oh, and i’m anything but a “casual” gamer

I’ve never seen anything that ruined any community within KoL that was due to spading. I’ve seen a number of clans thrive on it, and I’m quite glad to see it here, as well.

But then, that’s my infatuation with spreadsheets talking.

inks

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Teed thread.

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Rabid Raccoon Posted:

I’ve never seen anything that ruined any community within KoL that was due to spading. I’ve seen a number of clans thrive on it, and I’m quite glad to see it here, as well.

But then, that’s my infatuation with spreadsheets talking.

The Klans that thrive on spading are usually filled with self righteous fabulous persons.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Bubo Posted:

Escher is very quick to thank the rest of us for our hard work, but Escher has put in as much or more work than any of us into taking the raw data and both working out the formulas as well as putting our findings into easy to read charts. She of the great cleavage stepped up to lead this project at the very beginning, and has organized and orchestrated the team that has been working on our stat findings.

Seconded. Escher did a great job of organizing everything, and analyzing the data.

Arktor edited this message on 03/26/2008 8:16PM

inks

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

bob

BadWolf

Level 12 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Cheers Dears!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Great work, thanks to all involved. Log in to see images!

Delafina

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

Not to mention that player effort like this often helps the game’s creators improve it.

Speaking as a game designer, no matter how opaque you want to make part of the game (like, for example, secondary stats) you have to take into account that someone on the internet is going to figure them out and post a guide to them (and if you’re realistic, that 1) the guide will probably be more thorough than the one you created internally and 2) that they will find holes you never imagined). Sometimes that can be pretty humbling (like when the internet cracks a puzzle you spent weeks creating in five minutes), but it also helps you make better games.

It’s also, as a designer, a compliment: if your stats aren’t completely transparent, and people are willing to spend the time to go through the game with a fine-toothed comb and work out all the mechanics, you’ve apparently done something right, or no one would care enough to spend that much time on it.

So anyway, if it’s not your favored mode of playing, don’t read the threads about it. But no one’s “ruining the community” by analyzing the game.

(And thanks for the guide! Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

The community only gets ruined by people trash talking other players. And insulting the active players that try to make meaningful contributions to the game is a good way to start trend, gigerth.

Excellent work, Sisters. Thanks for the input, and thanks for tagging the title as a spoiler. This way, anyone that whines about it looks like a true Re-Re.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!