Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing Forumwarz Apprentice: news, updates and discussion

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

plk Posted:

Shii was only joking.

This is the problem this thread has since Phineas’ post. It’s almost impossible to tell, on SUBTLE jokes, what are jokes and what are not, since senses of humor vary so greatly.

EDIT: Ooh, Page 7 Sniper!

MC Banhammer edited this message on 07/09/2009 9:28PM

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

ChilePepino might have been kidding about JB being able to blame the apprentices, but I’m still going to refute it. If anyone’s curious, here’s how the apprentice process has gone so far:

The Pitches: The apprentices submitted loose ideas for NPCs and missions. JB took the 65 ideas that were submitted and chose the 20 he thought would work the best.

The Drafts (Three Different Kinds): Out of the final 20, the apprentices each claimed a mission and wrote out the sTalk dialogue, mission descriptions, character profiles, etc for their missions. In some cases a mission was the product of a single writer, in others it was a team effort. Once finished, JB gave notes and the writers further fixed up their missions. In the forum, the apprentices could win/fail vote and comment on all the missions. After a little bit, the apprentices were bumigned to do edits on another person’s work to get fresh eyes on the mission.

Crotch Zombie missions: The CZ guys also had mission ideas which were also put up for grabs to the apprentices. This is the current stage we’re at in the process. This is also where the apprentices start getting to see the missions being written by the Crotch Zombie staff proper. At this point, we know what missions, forums, and NPCs will be used and it’s just a matter of filling them in.

The Constant Stage: All through out, everyone on the apprentice team and the Crotch Zombie team has access to all the missions being written. They are free to read, comment, and edit on each other’s work. If a joke isn’t as funny as it could be, someone can suggest a new one. Typos can be fixed, continuity errors pointed out, and dialogue tightened. Routinely, JB will go through and do line edits on the works. While for the most part people are writing individual mission, everyone has a say in what goes on.

I bring this up not to toady and defend JB, but so that every knows they have the right to blame the ENTIRE apprentice team and Crotch Zombie if they have a problem with Episode 3. No one can hide behind anyone else, as we all get the opportunity to make something better. JB is also writing missions, also doing editing, so he can’t push the blame to anyone. By the same token, I can’t pitch **** about anyone’s writing, because if I don’t like something I can voice my opinion.

So, remember, if you hate the writing in episode three: blame everyone.
Except me.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

I don’t know about all that, I’ve spent all of my time in the workshop making fun of everyone else.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Odalisque Posted:

These are very trying times.

quotin the best post in the thread

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Fortunato Posted:

quotin the best post in the thread

quotin the guy with the shiniest avatar in this tread

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Now THAT’s what I call an update, Phineas! Thank you so much Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Thanks for the update Phineas.

And I want to clarify and finish the topic in: I didn’t mean JB or anyone can blame the apprentices, I meant to say that no one should blame anyone for the content of ep 3.

KTHX.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I finally updated the OP to reflect the gently shifting face of our creative team.

Note: While they’re often colloquially referred to as “the Apprentices” here, the collective group/subforum is more officially called the “Creative Workshop” — although I renamed it “Creative Sweatshop” a while back and nobody complained. We’re just crazy and funny and wacky like that.

I’ll post a more substantive update later on.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

UPDATE: Now that the vast majority of the creative for Episode 3 is complete, we can announce the results of our Apprentice program!

You remember that one season when Trump picked two Apprenti? Well, I’m even more indecisive and worried about hurting people’s feelings so I went and picked three: Bashy, PhineasPoe and plk, forming like Voltron to become the ultimate creative producer, and all people I’d be proud to call my Apprentice!

Along with the cash rewards, BP and E-Peen™, I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who participated. It was great having a group of such talented and dedicated individuals on our team.

Here are the new, blingin’-bum Peen:

The Mother****ing Apprentice™

Creative Executive

Creative Sweatshopper

After Episode 3 officially comes out, I’m hoping to do a group podcast with the team, where we can answer questions, reminisce and zing each other IN REAL TIME. So stay tuned for that!

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Congrats to Bashy, plk, and PhineasPoe!

It was awesome working with you, and you guys really did go the extra step to deserve victory.

kraigu

Avatar: 132907 2010-01-24 16:36:53 -0500

Level 69 Hacker

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

As one of the newfabulous persons on the team, it was definitely a treat seeing how some of the oldfarts attained their respected status.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how this looks live!

swine

Avatar: 10221 2011-10-31 21:15:57 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

I congratulate you in recognising my superiority and choosing me to be your love pig!

Congratulations, everyone!

It was a pleasure working with you guys. Especially that private sub-forum we had. I’m gonna miss that.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

yay us!

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

You guys totally deserve it. I don’t know how many times I thought, “Hey I have some extra time, I can work on such and such” only to find it stripped, sanded, shellacked and polished by one of you already.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!