Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Vanilla Re-evaluation?

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

doug05257 Posted:

I love how every, if not most, people in this thread so far who have defended how the Vanilla scoops are gained at the moment are currently in the Sisterhood. A curious observation, indeed.

To clarify my Sister, currently the Sisterhood is the only klan that really knows what kind of work goes into pulling off a Vanilla Raid. I’m positive that when the next klan pulls off their own vanilla raid, they’ll be in here defending the mechanics as well.

Or, to put it in your own words, “I love how every, if not most, people in this thread so far who have opposed how the Vanilla scoops are gained at the moment have currently not performed their own Vanilla scoop raid. A curious observation, indeed.”

I wouldn’t mind having the scoops given out re-evaluated (I personally don’t think 3 scoops each is too much) but I don’t support the idea of splitting how many clan members get who are or aren’t involved in the raid. From simple mechanics, the only way to differentiate from the engine’s perspective is to look at the members actually pwning forums. I haven’t done the organization of the raids myself, but the organizers probably have the most stress and perform as much if not more work than the forum pwners. To split the scoops rewarded would unfairly lower the scoops those organizers would get for their work. In my opinion, if a klan is concerned about members getting scoops they haven’t earned, then they need to re-evaluate their membership as opposed to trying to split a game mechanic.

Oh, and before I forget, it was a Sister who proposed a re-evaluation of Vanilla scoop gains. Kinda shoots your abuse/conspiracy theory to the ground, there.

Bubo edited this message on 03/10/2008 9:52PM

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

What mechanics? Pick a time such as 10 minutes after the hour and have everyone pwn the thread but not leave yet or possibly provide the final damage to the final thread depending on which triggers the notification. At 10 minutes after the hour everyone involved clicks and then does the same forum again for 15 or 20 minutes after depending on how long it takes the members bumigned to the hard forums to do them. You pbum up yellow scoops but 20 members working together can provide 720 scoops to every clan member.

... On reflection this can’t be the method you used but the first clan to do it will utterly destroy the competition. Not that anyone would go to the effort of getting 20 members to work for over an hour to earn a mere 700 or so scoops each. Log in to see images! Bigguyinblack edited this message on 03/10/2008 10:02PM

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Bigguyinblack Posted:

What mechanics? Pick a time such as 10 minutes after the hour and have everyone pwn the thread but not leave yet or possibly provide the final damage to the final thread depending on which triggers the notification. At 10 minutes after the hour everyone involved clicks and then does the same forum again for 15 or 20 minutes after depending on how long it takes the members bumigned to the hard forums to do them. You pbum up yellow scoops but 20 members working together can provide 720 scoops to every clan member.

... On reflection this can’t be the method you used but the first clan to do it will utterly destroy the competition. Not that anyone would go to the effort of getting 20 members to work for over an hour to earn a mere 700 or so scoops each. Log in to see images!

We actually considered that strategy at first. It would definitely work, and is probably the easiest way to pull it off, but 2 things:

1. It’s inefficient. Forums flip at different times, and with a brute force method like this you’ll either be wasting time, or worse wasting visits with unnecessary pwnage.

2. Unfortunately, there is connection lag involved with players, and a couple of times that has led to a forum being taken away before the 12th forum flips. Log in to see images! Part of the process during the raid, but it’s another reason we need organizers.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

1. What do forums flipping at different times have to to do with anything? If all 20 members pwn the forum and click the last needed action at precisely 10 minutes after there would be a variance of perhaps 5 seconds in which it could be flipped back. Possible but unlikely.

2. Yes connection is an issue as is organization but that’s true of most major undertakings in a game.

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

Bubo Posted:

I wouldn’t mind having the scoops given out re-evaluated (I personally don’t think 3 scoops each is too much) but I don’t support the idea of splitting how many clan members get who are or aren’t involved in the raid. From simple mechanics, the only way to differentiate from the engine’s perspective is to look at the members actually pwning forums. I haven’t done the organization of the raids myself, but the organizers probably have the most stress and perform as much if not more work than the forum pwners. To split the scoops rewarded would unfairly lower the scoops those organizers would get for their work. In my opinion, if a klan is concerned about members getting scoops they haven’t earned, then they need to re-evaluate their membership as opposed to trying to split a game mechanic.

Do you have a fair suggestion, then? I think three scoops for active participants is fine, but three for folks who just sit there seems steep. If what Bigguyinblack said actually *works* (it’s something I wanted to test out anyways), then even more so.

I don’t think it’s the Klan that cares about non-partipating Klannies getting scoops, it’s the folks contending with Vanilla-heavy players that just sat on their bumes and had them fall into their lap. It sucks that the one calling the shots would be left out, but couldn’t you just trade off that duty or summat?

To put it more delicately…

a player in my domination bracket with 46 vanilla scoops Posted:

Seriously i feel bad…i don’t deserve all these vanilla scoops – I have not been participating in Operation Dominatrix because of wrong timezones.

Should they really be winning most scoops right now? Sure, one could knock them down, but that’s a whole bunch of bumholes spent on someone who wasn’t really doing anything.

Beyond that, there’s no reason that you couldn’t pad a Klan with extra characters just to buy bumholes and Shotguns with the excess of scoops… I guess that’d be fun.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Evil Trout Posted:

A few people reported bugs saying Vanilla is horribly broken if people can pull this kind of thing off.

I disagree, it takes a huge amount of effort to do this, and the other Klans will just have to step up to the challenge.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/3279?page=2

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Especially with the upcoming addition of Klan Warfare, I’d like to see Vanilla scoops changed for the sake of keeping Domination as solo friendly as possible, and a trial of individual persons’ skills, not klans as a whole.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Ice Vomit Posted:

Beyond that, there’s no reason that you couldn’t pad a Klan with extra characters just to buy bumholes and Shotguns with the excess of scoops… I guess that’d be fun.

Why would I want an alt to have credit for my insane Dom card attack? Team Orange Jack, baby. 26 Dom cards. I will end up with no trophies, but the heads on my wall. Log in to see images!

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

scullyangel Posted:

Why would I want an alt to have credit for my insane Dom card attack?

‘Cause PvP-trolling is fun? You can slap around a whole bunch of people in a bracket you don’t care about, and wreak proper havoc with your main.

That’s kind of what I’m doing, and that’s just working with the Lemon and Pistachios they’ve been picking up. You could probably have a *lot* of fun with all those Vanilla. Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Damn, you caught me. I’ve never been good at the true griefy stuff, but I do think the power of manipulation is insanely fun.

I’m certainly not meta enough to think about what an alt could/should do. My alt isn’t even in a klan.

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

Bubo Posted:

To clarify my Sister, currently the Sisterhood is the only klan that really knows what kind of work goes into pulling off a Vanilla Raid. I’m positive that when the next klan pulls off their own vanilla raid, they’ll be in here defending the mechanics as well.

Or, to put it in your own words, “I love how every, if not most, people in this thread so far who have opposed how the Vanilla scoops are gained at the moment have currently not performed their own Vanilla scoop raid. A curious observation, indeed.”

Oh, and before I forget, it was a Sister who proposed a re-evaluation of Vanilla scoop gains. Kinda shoots your abuse/conspiracy theory to the ground, there.

I made an observation, not a conspiracy theory. Get your eyes checked – they’re clearly not working right.

As far as ‘organizing’ it goes, honestly you’re likely making a huge deal out of relatively nothing. All it takes is to bumign at least one (preferrably more) person to each forum in the game. Get everyone on teamspeak. When the last person is ready to pwn their forum, count 3, 2, 1, GO! and everyone finishes off their forum. It goes at the speed of however fast the hardest forum can be pwned. Other than getting people to be at their computer at a certain time and what I’ve already described, what you’re talking about is relatively simple, and there’s no reason why the ‘organizer’ can’t participate as well. As far as I’m concerned, either you did a LOT of unnecessary work or you didn’t, and the sisters are just ****ing about the little that they did for the extreme advantage that they have over people who don’t like to mbum-recruit camwhores to their clan.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

doug05257 Posted:

As far as ‘organizing’ it goes, honestly you’re likely making a huge deal out of relatively nothing. All it takes is to bumign at least one (preferrably more) person to each forum in the game. Get everyone on teamspeak. When the last person is ready to pwn their forum, count 3, 2, 1, GO! and everyone finishes off their forum. It goes at the speed of however fast the hardest forum can be pwned. Other than getting people to be at their computer at a certain time and what I’ve already described, what you’re talking about is relatively simple, and there’s no reason why the ‘organizer’ can’t participate as well. As far as I’m concerned, either you did a LOT of unnecessary work or you didn’t, and the sisters are just ****ing about the little that they did for the extreme advantage that they have over people who don’t like to mbum-recruit camwhores to their clan.

LOL

If we did it your way, we’d have something like 12 scoops instead of 40. If you think you can do better, by all means, prove us wrong.

Skyreal edited this message on 03/11/2008 1:40AM

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

doug05257 Posted:

I made an observation, not a conspiracy theory. Get your eyes checked – they’re clearly not working right.

You know, this sounds pretty much like what Bigguyinblack said earlier, that I commented on. Same thing applies here. Just like Skyreal and I said, it would work, but it’s horribly inefficient. Just like your earlier comment on Sisters being the only ones supporting the status quo, you’re knocking something you haven’t tried yet. Give it a shot, and then come back and tell us how you beat our scoop count. After all, it’s “little [to] do” for an “extreme advantage” (although if it’s so little to do, then everyone should do it, and all of a sudden an “extreme advantage” just becomes normal operating procedure – funny how that logic works).

As for the abuse/conspiracy theory comment…. well, it sure sounds like you’re accusing the Sisters of trying to weigh the argument in our favor. What else were you implying (or what was the reason for your biased “observation” ) with that comment?

Bubo edited this message on 03/11/2008 1:56AM

Snott

[Board of Directors]

Level 17 Troll

ICE VOMIT

Skyreal Posted:

If we did it your way, we’d have something like 12 scoops instead of 40. If you think you can do better, by all means, prove us wrong.

I bumumed that’s how your way started off – then you had a person refreshing each forumbuilder page while another refreshed the forums bookmark and called out hits.

bumuming you get three scoops every time it dips from twelve to eleven to twelve, that would be the most efficient manner, no? <.<

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Nope, we basically had 40 sisters all hammering the same forums over and over. And over. And over. And over.

Just like male reproductive organ.

o0-M00N_KriK-
37-0o

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’m all for redoing how Vanillas are obtained as a solo player, although they aren’t actually that terribly hard to get as a solo, as is. My last Dom bracket I won was because of vanillas I got just burning my 12 visits. You just have to be quick on certain forums, and you can rake in the rewards.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Snott Posted:

I bumumed that’s how your way started off – then you had a person refreshing each forumbuilder page while another refreshed the forums bookmark and called out hits.

bumuming you get three scoops every time it dips from twelve to eleven to twelve, that would be the most efficient manner, no? <.<

I was replying to doug05257’s above post. Log in to see images!

mortikon

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

mortikon

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

gopherit

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

****ING BOOKS

wait… I don’t even have to help you ****es to get the scoops?

**** this, see ya at 8:59.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!