Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] Episode 2: Would you Pay?

Brammimonde

Level 9 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Maybe I’m sick in the head, but I really like to donate to a service I love, but chafe if it’s a required payment. Hell, sometimes I’ll donate more than suggested just because I love a thing so much and I feel that the option to play free is so generous.

Then again? Sick in the head.

Pbum me some Smileprin. Log in to see images!

Buster Hymen

[Challengers of the ****ing Impossible]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’d buy it as long as it was cheap.

Like, 5 brownie points = i can play episode 2 forever cheap or something like that.

If they wanted to charge more, than I’d expect much more out of it, like cooperative multiplayer or real pvp.

I mean, it’s pretty awesome for a free game, but when you start charging real money for it you start stepping into a highly competitive area, and as good as the game is it’s not quite there yet.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

My best guess is that they won’t charge much at all…probably a one time fee of less-than $10. This is a new game, so high prices would turn too many people away to get a lot of attention.

books

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I enjoy this game as much as the next person, but I wouldn’t pay for episode 2. I have considered donating.

If there is going to be a fee on episode 2, I would hope that there is a suggested fee and we don’t have to pay the full amount. Log in to see images!

Lord enjoy

[eat dinner with me-
tanawat
]

Level 10 Camwhore

Knights of LOL Official Ball Hanger

Oh how you’ll pay…

Virtual_Eyes

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 13 Camwhore

Whiny, yet arrogant.

Broke and hatin’ it.

Legolas

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

^^^^^^

...Although even if I weren’t, I’d still probably walk away.

Legolas edited this message on 03/04/2008 9:44AM

PunkyGirl04

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I would never pay to play this game! I like it a lot, don’t get me wrong, but one of the reasons I like it is that it’s free! If suddenly it became pay-to-play I’m afraid it would drop down to the bottom of a long list of luxuries I want.

Tahlin

Level 28 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

I’m on the KoL bandwagon. ATM there is no where near enough content for me to want to pay anything, much like when I started playing KoL. I started donating to KoL when I had spare money and was playing KoL often enough to justify it.

FWz would need alot more playability and replayability to justify me paying for playing in any form.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

forumwarz is an interesting game. i loved episode one. but i’ve got too many expenses in my life to pay a mandatory fee for a game. at that point, i’d either just pwn the hell out of domination or go find some other way to entertain myself and let my character rot.

what could work to encourage people to donate (as i’ve seen in a few other games) would be to have certain limited time items availible for X number of brownie points. it would encourage people to donate but those of us who either can’t or are cheap ****ing bastards could still play. it seems like a win-win.

stump

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I totally wouldn’t pay for this. Remember guys, that same currency can be exchanged for beer and hardware.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I got a Friend of Forumwarz the other day so I’d probably pay a couple brownie points, but I’d be discouraged with anything more.

I’d still buy it, though. I love this weird game too much.

originalbill-
monkey

[Dorky Idiots of very specialness]

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Probably not, but if the team implements some more smacktastic game enhancements through brownie points, I would be more than likely to support the project that way. Bleh.

Anberu

Level 23 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

It would depend on the price, one-time versus recurring, what’s included, etc. I currently pay for an expanded version of another web game, occasionally donate to yet another web game, and regularly donate to a forum for bonus stuff.

Escher

[SRSLY]

Level 10 Camwhore

really huge titty ****

I’d pay a one-time fee; unless new episodes were very regular, I don’t think I’d get a subscription.

Vitafabulous person

[ZJEM CIE]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Escher Posted:

I’d pay a one-time fee; unless new episodes were very regular, I don’t think I’d get a subscription.

same

i’d pay a one time fee not in excess of US$10.00

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Anberu Posted:

It would depend on the price, one-time versus recurring, what’s included, etc. I currently pay for an expanded version of another web game, occasionally donate to yet another web game, and regularly donate to a forum for bonus stuff.

Heh, this thread will never die! I responded in the other thread and I should clear some things up:

While it’s great to hear your input we don’t want you guys to get worked up about it because we honestly haven’t decided for ourselves.

I can promise that we’ve never discussed or considered a recurring fee like WoW. We’d need a much bigger universe to pull that off.

Secondly, there will always be free content to play here. And we have plans for more free content and upgrades to existing content as time goes on. We’re not going to shut the doors and be like “PAYEES ONLY” Log in to see images!

Finally, we have never considered charging existing donors money to play. I promised in the other thread that if you’ve already paid us anything before Episode 2’s official announcement you will get in without additional cost. We’re not out to penalize everyone who’s been generous so far!

I should also point out that we’re looking into SMS payments, but sadly that hasn’t been so easy so far. So many different countries with different rules Log in to see images!

c4s7R4T0r

[RPG Codex]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

neither would i pay, nor would i play it if it were free for previous donors, since most of the peeps i’m trying to get to play this are cheap ****s who wouldn’t pay for it, which in turn means we couldn’t play together, or even as little as share the occasional condescending smirk about it afterwards.

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

If it comes down to it, would you pay to play this game?

What kinda question izat? R U a cop?

Is this a trap?

Srusly, no, I won’t pay 2 play. I plan to buy browny pts and maybe even use ‘em, just ‘cause I can, but no, I won’t pay to play a joke game.

Crotch Zombie Productions deserves big kudos for a) thinking about it and b) coding/producing it, c) certainly deserve donations for maintaining it. But the meme & the joke survives because of the community (the RPG forums are a big part of the fun for me) and that would die (or move to a free forum) in a pressure-2-pay system.

Robmortar

[Facepunch]

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I would not

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!