Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] Episode 2: Would you Pay?

SweetCherryS-
lut

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Possibly. It depends on what I would get for the money.

pixiekidd

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I’d pay $5 or $10 for episode 2, as long as it is more varied than just pwning forums. More missions like “Trapped in the Cupboard”, in other words.

I’d only pay if you can pay with brownie points, because if I just become popular or win a contest I can get those without actually paying myself.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Is there an update on this? I have donated, and still would pay to play Episode 2.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I most definitely would… so long as it’s just one payment. Monthly payments or anything like that, no matter how low, are right out for me.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Orb Posted:

I most definitely would… so long as it’s just one payment. Monthly payments or anything like that, no matter how low, are right out for me.

What he said.

zenon

Avatar: 44571 2012-05-16 20:18:28 -0400

[I Got Nothin]

Level 42 Troll

“Banned Camper”

I really don’t want forumwarz to be pay2play, if that happens, then it seems like Forumwarz will end up like every other “Big” MORPG out there.

I want forumwarz to stay free Log in to see images!

Dead Can Dan-
cer

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

Regardless of what ends up happening, I do hope that everyone who donated in Episode 1 gets to play Episode 2 for free. It seems like a decent number of people have paid their $5 or $10 already.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Also, it can’t be THAT much more than the equivelent of 3 BP, since for 3 BP you can play an alt through ep 1 again. And if you have to pay for each character you want to bring into Ep 2, I’ll be really dissapointed.

Johnny Richt-
er

[417racing]

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I wouldn’t pay to play Episode 2. Look how ****ty the economy is right now, no one wants to spend money. I just don’t see the point in spending x amount of dollars to play a net game that will lead up to me waiting another year for the next episode.

I’m surprised that I’m even logged in right now. I should have forgotten about this site months ago.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

So WHY are you still here?

I would pay. I already paid for Friend of Forumwarz Platinum. I mean, christ, yes the economy is bad. But it’s not going to be like 50 bucks to play. Mow a few lawns, walk a few dogs. Yeah, yeah give me some excuse… “I shouldnt have to, blah blah blah”, suck it up.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I think it should cost around 5-10 dollars. And be sendable in the same way BPs are. So that if you don’t have any means of online purchasing you could beg your e-friends to send it to you.

It would be stupid for Crotch Zombie to release it for free after all the work they’re putting into it. Plus they have to pay for servers and bandwidth.

It would also be reasonable to have it be “by donation” meaning for every time you donate any quantity of money, you get access. then have a purchaseable gift access for the poor people who don’t have access to credit cards.

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

nop I might even consider stopping with playing :-/

especially if it’s around $50. for that price I can get myself a whole bunch of computer games to entertain myself with and there is still plenty of other web-based RPG’s I can check out… even though they are completely different, probably less original and might contain bigger douchebags than here.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Unlikely to be 50. Very unlikely. Thr first one was free, I can expect this wouldm’t be out of anybodys range. If you’re paying for internet access you can likely afford to pay. If you’re mooch off someone else, mooch a fin or 10 from them. It’s not like you’ll never have that money in your lifetime (unless you are you’re going to die soon… in which case why the hell are you on the computer, you lazy ****). You can pay them back. Or just say you’ll pay them back and not really follow through. Or bash their head in with a brick and take their wallet.

Do I have to think of everything?

Kryptic

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

If it was a like a one time pay and it was cheap i would pay but not like a monthly subscription or anything.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Kryptic Posted:

If it was a like a one time pay and it was cheap i would pay but not like a monthly subscription or anything.

QFT. Also, I’d like to know what the plans are for alts. If I’d have to pay a sum per alt that would really kill my willingness to donate “just because”. But personally, I think ep2 should be free unless CZ wants to see the userbase evaporate. Have people donate for fun, for alts, titles, avis, etc, but don’t scare away half the internet by requiring payment to play. That’s doomed to fail.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I would be willing to pay up to 5 BP to enter Ep 2, and then under the contion that all my alts get to play too.

Big Brother edited this message on 06/07/2008 4:59PM

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Everything has already been said in this thread by now, but here is my personal opinion, for what it’s worth:

Keep the game itself free, but add more things you can get for BP. I’m fine with things that cost BP and affect gameplay or grant a slight competitive advantage, as long as all of the core content of the game is free. I know people will rant about how some have a better chance in competitions and such, because they can donate. But let’s face it, if you could choose between not being able to play the game at all, and being at a disadvantage compared to donators, what would you choose?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Kryptic Posted:

I believe ET said it wouldn’t be a subscription fee, if we were to pay at all.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

He confirmed in a tubmail to me a long time ago that (to paraphrase) “It’s highly likely that there will be a one-time pay.” He didn’t mention chances of a monthly fee, but he didn’t mention chances of no pay at all either.

You know though? I think they could get more money without pay if they put ads in the “Thread? Dead.” Screen.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!