Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
FAQ Extra info in the .Moar wiki

I R TEH BEST-
EST

Avatar: 79066 Sat Nov 22 19:24:44 -0500 2008

[pizza party]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

I recently edited the Denture Chat section of the .moar files by Forum since I am utterly terrible at describing things as an example of a way to include 2 new pieces of information concerning those forums and .moar files.I know the Wiki mentions that it doesn’t list the pieces or drop rates of the files but if it is agreed to I will spend the time to add them in accordance to what others have posted on the raw run section of the site and eventually add in my own raw runs.

I hope to eventually get nice and accurate info for all of the forums, at least the pieces dropped, to make life easier for those hunting down specific files but if I have overstepped my bounds I apologize and will wait for someone to make the individual forum pages since I am rather inept and Wiki editing and cannot do so myself.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions regarding this endeavor?

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/_Moar_Files_By_Forum

I R TEH BESTEST edited this message on 11/11/2008 4:23AM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Did you determine what affect luck has on the drops yet?

You could start by making sure that the page you linked to has all the drops that are listed on this page:

http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Forums__Moar_Files

Wylin edited this message on 11/11/2008 4:27AM

I R TEH BEST-
EST

[pizza party]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

I honestly have no idea what affect Luck has at all, but yes, my first intention is to get all of that raw data simply converted as a baseline. If it does affect drop rates then we could easily lose the drop rate part and just mention the pieces that can be found in the Forum which is still very useful. I just want to make sure there are no objections before going ahead and doing all of that.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I R TEH BESTEST Posted:

I honestly have no idea what affect Luck has at all, but yes, my first intention is to get all of that raw data simply converted as a baseline. If it does affect drop rates then we could easily lose the drop rate part and just mention the pieces that can be found in the Forum which is still very useful. I just want to make sure there are no objections before going ahead and doing all of that.

We were told luck has an effect on the drops.

Go ahead and use the drops from the link I posted to make the page you linked to more complete. We need about 1000 times more data to see luck’s effect. If you’d like to update the page I linked to from the data posted in this thread : http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/15734?page=8 feel free. I got kinda burned out and haven’t past where I posted on page 8. That will keep you busy for awhile Log in to see images! Wylin edited this message on 11/11/2008 4:44AM

I R TEH BEST-
EST

[pizza party]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

An effect yes, but that effect could just as easily be that you have a higher chance of getting files that you are missing which would mean that we’d also need to know which pieces the had before hand and that would be even more insane to figure out.

The easiest thing to do would be to get 2 characters, one with a Luck of 1 and another (Probably a hacker) with a Luck somewhere around 65-70 and simply redo a single forum repeatedly to see if there is any difference in the drop rates or rarity. Obviously it would still take a whole lot of testing but at some point I or someone else may make a forum dedicated to making those 2 runs repeatedly until we could say once and for all whether or not it affected the file itself or the piece of the file you get.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

I R TEH BESTEST Posted:

The easiest thing to do would be to get 2 characters, one with a Luck of 1 and another (Probably a hacker) with a Luck somewhere around 65-70 and simply redo a single forum repeatedly to see if there is any difference in the drop rates or rarity. Obviously it would still take a whole lot of testing but at some point I or someone else may make a forum dedicated to making those 2 runs repeatedly until we could say once and for all whether or not it affected the file itself or the piece of the file you get.

Members of Brainfreeze have already started gathering this sort of data.. I just need to get my desire to be adding it to the wiki back and you’ll start to see it for some forums.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!