Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Fine, I roll a spot check. I get a whopping 0 for that.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Night Gaunt Posted:

Roll a religion check to see if Adin can think this has anything to do with religious ritual perhaps.

You wrack your mind furiously, trying to think of something- anything- that may create these little pseudo-maggots, but noth-... wait. You vaguely remember coming across something related to worms in a Vasharan book some time back in the Academy. The Vasharan used natural maggots for some other more sinister purposes in some of their arcane rituals, but damned if you can remember more about it. Regardless, you’re pretty sure you wouldn’t want to get any of those things on you.

The maggots, upon touching the earthen floor, immediately burrow into the ground, leaving only a small hole to remind you of where they used to be.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Adin stares at the corpse for a moment in silence. Finally he gives an answer. “Have you ever heard of the Vasharan?”

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“I’m afraid I’ve forgotten. Care to refresh me?”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

genericangstyposter Posted:

Fine, I roll a spot check. I get a whopping 0 for that.

The first most obvious thing you notice is that the corpse is wearing chainmail. That is obvious enough even to the other dim-witted fools in the cell, but you notice something else interesting about the chainmail: it is completely new. Well, was completely new at least, until time and rust happened to it. But it has not seen any combat whatsoever. No scratches, no marks, nada.

Other than that, all you see that might be of interest is a blood-soaked pouch on the girdle the dwarf is wearing.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Nope.” says Zak.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Night Gaunt Posted:

Adin stares at the corpse for a moment in silence. Finally he gives an answer. “Have you ever heard of the Vasharan?”

As far as you know, the Vasharan are a bunch of humans who live out over the eastern mountains in a little town and keep mostly to themselves. It’s said by the Paladins of Heironeous that they are irrevocably evil, every single last one of them, but those tincans say that about everyone who doesn’t abide by their moral code anyway.

They do have some rather fascinating necrophagic technology, though you never had a chance to examine any of them before.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“That’s odd… that chainmail has never been used. It’s rusted, and yet it seems completely new. No scratches, nothing. Why would he be wearing armor if he wasn’t going to use it?”

Before he goes to grab the pouch, he makes sure that none of those evil little maggots are around. If they are, he’s going to mention it to someone else.

genericangstyposter edited this message on 11/18/2007 1:55AM

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Um,” he stutters a bit. “They are, um, well they’ve been known to use maggots in rituals for some rather unsavory deeds. Anyway,” he says in an attempt to switch focus, “don’t touch the maggots.”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Before he goes to grab the pouch, he makes sure that none of those evil little maggots are around. If they are, he’s going to mention it to someone else.

If nobody’s going to stop Timothy from grabbing the pouch, I’m going to roll yet another Spot check for him to see if he notices those annoying little maggots before he grabs the pouch. Regardless, imagine a blood-encrusted leather pouch if you will. That surely can’t be safe, even without the maggots; all the more so if the guy was diseased or poison.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“It is strange.” says Zak. “That armour is old too. I can only presume he never got the chance… are you sure you don’t know how long this body has been here?”

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Oh! And they live on some eastern mountains somewhere and everyone says they’re evil blah, blah, blah” he adds. “They have some interesting techniques that only one such as myself could truly appreciate.”

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

If nobody’s going to stop Timothy from grabbing the pouch, I’m going to roll yet another Spot check for him to see if he notices those annoying little maggots before he grabs the pouch. Regardless, imagine a blood-encrusted leather pouch if you will. That surely can’t be safe, even without the maggots; all the more so if the guy was diseased or poison.

Good point, that.

“Hmm… there seems to be a pouch on his belt. Interesting. Perhaps that is the key to getting us out of here. Of course, I wouldn’t want to damage the corpse, so I humbly defer to our expert.” He makes a flourish towards the necromancer.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

”It is strange.” says Zak. “That armour is old too. I can only presume he never got the chance… are you sure you don’t know how long this body has been here?”

With nobody with any ranks in Heal, weeeeeelp. Sorry, all out of luck in that field.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Good point, that.

“Hmm… there seems to be a pouch on his belt. Interesting. Perhaps that is the key to getting us out of here. Of course, I wouldn’t want to damage the corpse, so I humbly defer to our expert.” He makes a flourish towards the necromancer.

Good thing you have a reasonably high Intelligence, that. Log in to see images!

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“I have no interest in a pouch” Adin speaks slowly to him like an adult would to a child. “But if you really think it’ll have some magical way of getting us out of here,” he says handing the broken handle to him, “you can try using this.”

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

”It is strange.” says Zak. “That armour is old too. I can only presume he never got the chance… are you sure you don’t know how long this body has been here?”

With nobody with any ranks in Heal, weeeeeelp. Sorry, all out of luck in that field.

Isn’t heal a skill that one can use without any ranks?

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“My dear boy, it isn’t the pouch. It’s what the pouch contains. I could name a thousand useful things that could fit in such a small space.”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

Mm-hmm, if you’re trying to bandage a wound or remove caltrops or somesuch. But with some ranks, it reflects formal/professional training in first-aid and, possibly, simple post-mortem anatomy.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Sabre_Justice Posted:

Mm-hmm, if you’re trying to bandage a wound or remove caltrops or somesuch. But with some ranks, it reflects formal/professional training in first-aid and, possibly, simple post-mortem anatomy.

Hm. I’m quite surprised our necromancer doesn’t have that, now that I think about it. Ah, well. Talking in italics is fun, and makes me feel important!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!