Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“It looks like…” says Zak “We have a new cellmate.”

A scream can be heard from somewhere in the dungeon.

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/18/2007 12:38AM

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Oh, my.” He examines the corpse closely, checking to see if it has any pockets, et cetera. It was probably a prisoner as well, so his hopes aren’t quite up, but it’s a habit.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

genericangstyposter Posted:

”Oh, my.” He examines the corpse closely, checking to see if it has any pockets, et cetera. It was probably a prisoner as well, so his hopes aren’t quite up, but it’s a habit.

Cenbuma: “Timothy” approaches your corpse and looks like he’s about to riffle through his pockets. Oh, the cheek!... but as long as he keeps his hands to just the pockets… Still, it is your corpse after all.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Adin smiles a bit and grabs the remains of the hilt. “This’ll have to do since the damnable guards took my tools” he says to himself as usual. He attempts to remove the chainmail as Timothy sidles up to the body as well. Adin shoots him a meaningful look. “You’ll do well to wait until my new corpse is undressed”.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Umm… certainly. Just hand me the clothing afterwards, if that’s fine.” Maybe it isn’t a necromancer or a necrophile. Maybe it’s just a crazy. No matter. The dead thing has stuff!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

OOC: Dude, spoiler tags.

“Spare me… whatever you’re doing. Find anything useful?” Zak asks.

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/18/2007 12:46AM

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Night Gaunt Posted:

Adin smiles a bit and grabs the remains of the hilt. “This’ll have to do since the damnable guards took my tools” he says to himself as usual. He attempts to remove the chainmail as Timothy sidles up to the body as well. Adin shoots him a meaningful look. “You’ll do well to wait until my new corpse is undressed”.

You fumble a bit with the chainmail. The buckles and hoops are, somehow, more perplexing than swearing in Halfling, and you have no problems with the latter whatsoever. It’s just that… by the Xammux, how does anyone get themselves into such a vise that just bloody refuses to come off?

Regardless, as you cast a trained eye over the faeces-covered corpse, you notice a few things of note. Firstly, no man is allowed to wear armour into a prison cell. Invariably, as you’ve all well experienced, your armour and items are confiscated upon entering the dungeon; why, then, was this dwarf allowed to keep both his armour and weapon, broken though it may be? Secondly, he’s not wearing any boots, but all of you were allowed to keep your shoes. Thirdly, there does not appear to be any immediate damage to the body as far as you can see. How did he die, then?

Maybe someone with armour proficiency can help with the chainmail.

Cessana: The corpse has been here obviously for some time now; rigor mortis has set in fully, and the limbs are absolutely petrified, making it yet even more difficult for you to remove the chainmail without snapping off an arm or the whole torso. No immediately visible wounds that may have contributed to the cause of death; disease? If so, is it still diseased and contagious? No flies around the corpse either, strangely enough. Might be because the dungeon’s located several feet down, but for a corpse to have stayed here for so long covered with human effluent, it’ll be unlikely that not a single fly has been attracted to it.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

posted too soon

Night Gaunt edited this message on 11/18/2007 12:56AM

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Having trouble, dear boy? It seems as if you’ve made quite a little mess, there.”

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Wait, is that armour?” says Zak, who gets up and walks over to the corpse.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

”Having trouble, dear boy? It seems as if you’ve made quite a little mess, there.”

You’re not proficient with medium-armour either, my dear boy. Log in to see images!

The “necromancer”, thankfully, hasn’t quite snapped off any limbs yet, but he does seem to have having a bit of problem removing the armour without doing so.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Can you give me a hand with this armor?” Adin say flailing a bit. “Actually, wait… well…” he trails on and off trying to figure something out in his head. “This corpse might be diseased. I mean, I don’t see any obvious signs of death at least.” He frowns, “maybe poison…” he adds to himself.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Zak examines the armour. It is obviously chainmail, and he may be able to identify the type…

(OOC: Do I take an Int check for this or something?)

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

”Wait, is that armour?” says Zak, who gets up and walks over to the corpse.

You see the dwarf, bedecked in all its petrified glory. Yes, it is armour: chainmail, in fact, most likely made pre-War East End style if your eye does not fail you. The “necromancer” is holding a broken axe shaft and struggling with some of the buckles on the armour: heh, looks like he hasn’t quite found the quick-release spool on the inside to undo the outer straps.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

”Having trouble, dear boy? It seems as if you’ve made quite a little mess, there.”

You’re not proficient with medium-armour either, my dear boy. Log in to see images!

He knows that. He’s just making fun of him, because Jason’s a male reproductive organ.
genericangstyposter edited this message on 11/18/2007 1:04AM

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Oh, my. You’re saying that there might be some sort of disease spreading through this cell? I certainly can’t afford a malaise right now, as my behavior is certainly risky enough without adding threat of illness.”

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How old is that, just for the record? I don’t know much about history here, despite my characters’ ranks…

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“I think I can undo this armour.” Zak looks up at the necromancer. “How long has he been dead?”

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“Yes, I’m sure your dainty little fingers couldn’t possibly ever do real work.” Adin turns to the other person in the cell that isn’t annoying him right now. “You. Can you get this infernal armor off?”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

”Oh, my. You’re saying that there might be some sort of disease spreading through this cell? I certainly can’t afford a malaise right now, as my behavior is certainly risky enough without adding threat of illness.”

OOC: Hahaha! 100xp for the smarmy rogue.

Sabre_Justice Posted:

How old is that, just for the record? I don’t know much about history here, despite my characters’ ranks…

Approximately 50 years old, considering how the war took place about 4 years back. The East End style is noted for its unpatterned front and elaborate flutes carved into the back, obstinately for protection against projectiles but really just a relic from a former age where the whole armour was covered in flutes and grooves.
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!