Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art (D&D 3.0) The City

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

“I can’t say for sure how long he’s been here. Quite some time but the corpse has not been surrounded by insects at all. That is very strange, it might have contributed to the rate of decay as well.”

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Sure.” says Zak, and he begins unclasping the armour. Normally he might have been annoyed at being ordered around, but experience has taught him not to mess with the one who seems to know what he’s doing, even if he’s really weird.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

“Pray tell, does the armor have a pin in it? I know that some of those things do. If it does, then I think that I could certainly use it to get us out of here. I ran a locksmithing business, you know, before I was a merchant.”

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

eponymous_ennui Posted:

genericangstyposter Posted:

”Oh, my. You’re saying that there might be some sort of disease spreading through this cell? I certainly can’t afford a malaise right now, as my behavior is certainly risky enough without adding threat of illness.”

OOC: Hahaha! 100xp for the smarmy rogue.

Sabre_Justice Posted:

How old is that, just for the record? I don’t know much about history here, despite my characters’ ranks…

Approximately 50 years old, considering how the war took place about 4 years back. The East End style is noted for its unpatterned front and elaborate flutes carved into the back, obstinately for protection against projectiles but really just a relic from a former age where the whole armour was covered in flutes and grooves.

Like Almec’s own armour. Log in to see images!

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Let me see…” says Zak as he turns the corpse over and removes the chainmail, and looks for a suitable lockpick.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

OOC: We all seem to have a lot of posting time now, but I have to go to bed sometime. I think we should make a post when we’re going to be AFK for an extended period, so the others can slow down a bit until we get back.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

OOC: I’ll be up for another 40 minutes or so but then bedtime for me too.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

OOC: That is an excellent point. Just let us know when you’re going to go. I can go until whenever.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

”Sure.” says Zak, and he begins unclasping the armour. Normally he might have been annoyed at being ordered around, but experience has taught him not to mess with the one who seems to know what he’s doing, even if he’s really weird.

You tug at the quick-release spool and the two outer buckles snap from the pressure, splintering uselessly and causing the front mail to fall off the corpse. Strange. The copper in the buckle must have been extremely eroded for it to snap like that.

With the armour off, however, a gruesome sight is revealed. The whole upper torso of the dwarf has been flayed and skinned, the ribcage torn open to reveal the heart and lungs inside. There isn’t much left of the heart or lungs, though: everything inside has shrivelled and turned into a blackened, putrid husk of what it used to be. Within the chest walls you can see a white squirming mess of something, you have no idea what, but it’s definitely still alive.

Cenbuma: The insides have underwent necrosis, as expected, but the wilting is new. Maybe it’s due to the slow rate of natural decomposition that causes the shrivelled drying-out of the organs. The insides are crawling with what appears to be, at first sight, maggots, but there are no flies buzzing around, so it does not make sense for it to be true maggots.

The armour clanks dully onto the earthen floor, the insides of the front completely covered with clotted gore and blood. The back mail, still trapped by the corpse’s position on the floor, remains in place, though you can see that a pool of blood has obviously collected onto it from the spillage.

The air in the cell is now filled with the tart stench of decay mingled with the metallic overture that comes with so much blood.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Dropping the armour, Zak stands back. “What the hell is that?!”

Sabre_Justice edited this message on 11/18/2007 1:25AM

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Being hung over, and of a weak constitution, Jason almost decides that now would be a good time to lose his lunch. Fortunately for all in the cell, he’s able to hold it in. “What in Baator is that?”

Of course, at heart, Jason is a practical man, even in his disgust. “Also, did you find that pin?”

genericangstyposter edited this message on 11/18/2007 1:27AM

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Sabre_Justice Posted:

Like Almec’s own armour. Log in to see images!

Close enough. Log in to see images! Almec’s own armour was forged even earlier, though, in a style they call neo-City revival whose underlying philosophy was for a sword or lance point to stick onto the armour and not stray to somewhere more vital. The pre-War East End style is a later modification of that philosophy, where the point of a sword/lance is designed to follow the curvature of the grooves once it hits the armour. This way, the impact would be lessened while at the same time still guiding the point away from vital spots.

armour philosophy 101 Log in to see images!

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Adin reals back a bit surprised at the finding. He grips the handle and carefully prods at the squirming mbum all the while muttering, “how interesting!”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Of course, at heart, Jason is a practical man, even in his disgust. “Also, did you find that pin?”

Unfortunately, while a good number of armour types have pins, this one does not have any. At least, not at first sight, and not as far as Almec knows. However, should anyone decide to run a Search on the corpse, who knows if you might find otherwise; but that, of course, means said person has to actually touch that corpse.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“Can you tell us what it is?” Zak asks Adin.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Night Gaunt Posted:

Adin reals back a bit surprised at the finding. He grips the handle and carefully prods at the squirming mbum all the while muttering, “how interesting!”

The worms wriggle even more as you prod them, and a small number of them falls onto the broken handle and starts crawling, extremely slowly, up towards your hand. It might take them anything from a whole minute to reach any part of you, though, so you’re relatively safe from actual contact with those things.

For now.

genericangst-
yposter

[the abyss]

Level 9 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

I do another search check, this time on the corpse. It’s still 10, but I want to do it without touching the corpse whatsoever, which I’m sure would give me quite a big penalty.

Night Gaunt

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

[b]Roll a religion check to see if Adin can think this has anything to do with religious ritual perhaps.[b]

Adin carefully taps the handle against a rib to shake off the worms. “I think,” he says quietly, “that you should not touch these false maggots.”

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I do another search check, this time on the corpse. It’s still 10, but I want to do it without touching the corpse whatsoever, which I’m sure would give me quite a big penalty.

Hrm. You could do a Spot check on it (+0 Wis), but Search necessarily means that you need physical contact with the thing you’re searching with.

Sabre_Justice

[the abyss]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

“You don’t need to tell me twice.” says Zak. “Care to explain why?”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!