Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Goatse.cx Playtime and game balance

12yoIRL

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

From other browser games I know that it can be a big problem if your success in the game is entirely correlated with how long you’ve been an active member. I.E., a game in which the players who’ve been there for a year are godly and new members will have to take a year themselves to reach that point (by which the older players will be just as hard to reach anyway) tends to stop getting new members altogether. In a game where there is no direct character competition and you don’t lose anything but currency it can be hard to implement a way to stop this from happening, but as it IS still a competition it’s important to introduce limits on player progress to prevent newer players from being discouraged from the game.

Trying not to sound presumptuous, but it just seemed to me that there isn’t really anything like that here – yes, we stop at level 10 for now, but as cred still increases at that point older players will still grow exponentially stronger than newer ones. Most of those at level 10 now, when we can level up again, will be unattainably stronger than the newer members at that point, I’d say. Wouldn’t it make sense to block cred growth as well as level growth?

(no I’m not saying this because my cred is high/low or because I favour group X over group Y Log in to see images!

re re

[drip drool]

Level 4 Re-Re

Yes, but this isn’t like most browser based games, we aren’t fighting each other, so i really don’t see how it matters and also if you block cred growth then there’s not much point in playing past level 10 till episode 2 comes out, sure you can fight to get more monies through deliveries, but there comes a point where an extra 4k is of so little importance there’s no point to that either.

re re edited this message on 11/15/2007 11:57AM

12yoIRL

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

re re Posted:

Yes, but this isn’t like most browser based games, we aren’t fighting each other, so i really don’t see how it matters and also if you block cred growth then there’s not much point in playing past level 10 till episode 2 comes out, sure you can fight to get more monies through deliveries, but there comes a point where an extra 4k is of so little importance there’s no point to that either.

Well, for one, people who are mbumively beefed up in cred when the next episode comes out are going to plow through it with (relative) ease. It’s supposed to be a game with challenge. Another reason is that while we’re not fighting each other, there is still inherent competition here as with any mbumively multiplayer game.

12yoIRL edited this message on 11/15/2007 12:11PM

Seerow

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

There’s also the point that Trout or someone else said there was going to be a shift to be more PVP in the future.

Maha

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

I don’t think cred growth should be blocked, just reset back to the level 10 minimum when Episode 2 comes out. There’s also a suggestion by someone in the Endgame forum, I think, about turning that “leftover” cred into a kind of virtual currency (not Flezz) that could buy non-stat modifying vanity items and/or custom titles and avatars for people in Flamebate; that’d be pretty cool. Another idea is making it so that people could buy themselves custom posts/threads to appear in the forums we attack (KKK, etc.)

7u880y

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

It would be nice with E-Peen™ awards where recently joined players will be able to compete against the veteran players. I wouldn’t get rid of the existing E-Peen™ awards, but I would say that the awards that are currently tied to the leaderboards are only reachable by relatively few players, and that sort of sucks. There are E-Peen™ awards that everyone can get on equal footing like the clbum related one and the FBO one, but the more ‘unique’ E-Peen™ awards that are gotten through competition with the other players are only reachable by a small portion of the playerbase.

I’m guessing that thinking up some interesting E-Peen™ awards that can be competed for at an equal footing by new and old players would help a lot on the problem that 12yoIRL is talking about.

In general there should be more E-Peen™ awards, both for newer and older players.

TORNBUG

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

12yoIRL Posted:

older players will still grow exponentially stronger than newer ones.

Linearly.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I don’t think the game will ever be fully PVP focused. We’d like to add some components like that in the future but I don’t think there’s a cause for concern.

Most of our ideas for non-questline episodes should be enjoyable by players of all levels and cred, at least if we’ve done our jobs right Log in to see images!

There is the problem, as pointed out earlier, that by the time Ep2 comes out some people might have a ridiculous amount of cred and we have to figure out what to do about that. The suggestions so far about redeeming it are pretty good, I can see us going down a road like that. Basically it’s an issue of rewarding their hard work, but not at the expense of the game being fun.

As for more attainable E-Peen, rest bumured we’re working on it Log in to see images! Right now we’ve got some basic ones that you can get through the quest, and some difficult ones by topping leaderboards, but we do need some “challenge” oriented ones.

12yoIRL

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

TORNBUG Posted:

12yoIRL Posted:

older players will still grow exponentially stronger than newer ones.

Linearly.

Stop messing up my un-thought out comments with rationalization! :colbert:

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!