Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Klan based goals?
Poll: Do you like the idea of klan orientated game play and/or klan based goals?
You must be logged in to vote.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

As a klan we can try to become the biggest, or have the most cred, flezz, or forums pwned, but to me those feel very simplistic and besides the largest klan goal, all very much favor those who have been playing longest. (SG94 and I will generally go to whatever klan is trying to get the e-peens, and that will almost always get them at least 2 of the 3. Unfortunately, that also really makes them less of a “klan” goal, since outside players are usually needed to make it happen.)

A couple of weeks ago a couple of players decided to try to dominate every forum at once. It was cool, challenging and fun.

There has been a bit of discussion about cooperative game play, most as it relates to the Domination side game, but there are obviously more ForumWarz players than there are Domination players. (Just as there are obviously more klanned Domination players who don’t play Domination with their klan.)

So, I was thinking, wouldn’t some klan based goals be fun?

– Dominating a certain number of forums at once, seems like a simple and natural goal.

– Doing all the forums as a progressive seems like fun, too.

– Awhile ago someone suggested the idea of klan totals for other base site goals (Flamebate posts, medals, e-peen, friend requests, etc.)

Anyone have other ideas?

CreepPipe

Avatar: 4204 2010-01-24 16:18:28 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

MOOOOOS ARE BELOW ME

Other: I know it’s hard to determine but I think if a player has substantially attributed to a klan based goal they deserve some sort of reward. I stay away from actual kalns because other than the circle jerk that is domination they offer no real value to the game.

If I got an E-Peen for being a major factor in a klan I would take them more seriously. Right now I just see klans as a way to give another player a reach around while looking out for number 1.

Vandalist

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

i suggested to binge a group (or klan) head-to-head pwnage game with restricted abilities. (and possibly a scoop-based pot drawn from the current player’s scoops.)

Enshoku

[The Godless Gamers]

Level 31 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Yep yep. It would be fun and I can’t say no to more potential endgame stuff.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Why does it need to be klan based?

Randomly-formed teams should be fine right?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I believe randomly formed teams should be better.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I agree that a random team would be cool, but for the sake of the game being able to tell what is going on there would have to be something to tag those characters as working together. Klan identity is a simple – little to no need for extra programing – sort of way to do that.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

give it a try

fat

Avatar: 49759 Sun Oct 26 03:31:30 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

HI I is bum Ketchup an.. O SHI- I think my fatrolls killed teh pokeymans under me...

How about a Klan fourm to pwn? Basicly it’s one giant fourm with over 1000 pwnage needed per thread or somthing. And you get special Klan skills based on your “Klan level” gained from the cred of the threads. EX: Pokemon Trainers really showed that thread whos boss. Multipul people help per thread of course.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Maybe some klan vs klan thing where one klan is defending and another is attacking. The defending klan’s goal is to hold at least a certain amount of forums, lets say 12. The attacking klan’s goal is to bring the defending klan’s total below 12. There would have to be a maximum limit on participants for each klan, lets say 8. This could be a tournament with a klan e-peen for the winning klan. Two matches held on the weekends.

I am not sure about the numbers or how to keep anyone from interfering with this.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!