Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Boobs Can we please change the endtime of domination rounds?

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

The only way to “fix” vanilla is to cap it like AF scoops are capped, from what I see. It’s still awkward no matter how you do it though; you’ve got enough alts you could probably do a solo max-vanilla raid every day if you wanted.

Even with limited scoops, it doesn’t change the card blitz TOO much. It’ll still be far more effective to use your cards or your visits in the last fifteen minutes of the round, which screws over the people that can’t play just as much.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

yeah, but it limits the need for bumholes, which should then be cranked up in rarity, and problems solved.

no one can acquire as much cards as we currently see because the scoops are limited, the bumholes aren’t as needed, so they aren’t as common, which reduces the need to turn all your scoops to cards, allowing for a gradual growth instead of a last minute blitz (though those will still exist to some degree)

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

please dominate me <3 <3 <3

Get rid of bumhole cards AND Shields.

Let Domination be a difficult week long gritty fight where every scoop counts to win and not a woman's genitals “let’s horde shields and modests and play them at the last second” game.

Without shields and bumholes, solo players would have a good chance of winning by bringing the raiders down even with just thiefs, shotguns, and destroyers. And the raiders who tout klan efforts would have to get their **** together and organize even more efficient raids to survive the barrage of offenseive cards they’ll be hit with.

This won’t fix the hording of modest cards and playing them right at the end, but it would make this cheap strategy less useful without a “shell of shields” to hide behind and turn players away from this tactic.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Genesis Posted:

Without shields and bumholes, solo players would have a good chance of winning by bringing the raiders down even with just thiefs, shotguns, and destroyers.

A solo player might win, sure, but I doubt it’s the one that’s burned 40 of his scoops to kill 15 of someone else’s.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

oh yeah, and on that note, if shields and bumholes do get removed (probably not likely)... and I can’t believe I’m going to say this..

I’m going to agree with Arktor and think that the cap on antifreeze be removed.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Genesis Posted:

I could not agree more.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

Sancdar Posted:

A solo player might win, sure, but I doubt it’s the one that’s burned 40 of his scoops to kill 15 of someone else’s.

you’re absolutely right, but this is the only thing I could think of that might make Domination a bit more fair for the rest of the non-klannies (go join a damn klan already you scrubs!!)

Genesis edited this message on 05/31/2008 4:50AM

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

kittiejenn Posted:

Genesis Posted:

I could not agree more.

I could.

From a design standpoint, each of the cards costs four scoops (of whichever colour you happen to be bashing this week), and rewards you with a lesser amount of scoops, with two obvious exceptions.

Allow me to break it all down in a long post that nobody will read.

The Destroyer:  Costs four scoops.

Destroys one of your choice.

Net "loss" of 3 scoops.

The Shotgun:    Costs four scoops.

Destroys two at random.

Cannot be used against a player with one scoop.

Net "loss" of 2 scoops.

TMI:            Costs four scoops.

Gain two scoops of your choice.

Net "loss" of 2 scoops.

The Thief:      Costs four scoops.

Steal 1 scoop from opponent.

Net "loss" of 2 scoops against that opponent.

Net "loss" of 3 scoops elsewhere in the bracket.

Peeping Tom:    Costs four scoops.

Gives some mostly pointless information.

Net "loss" of 4 scoops.

The Switcheroo: Costs four scoops.

Swaps scoop totals.

Ideal for getting antifreeze scoops.

Net "loss" of 4 scoops.

The Shield:     Costs four scoops.

Protects you from someone spending four scoops.

Net "cost" of 3, 2, or -6 scoops.

The bumhole:    Costs four scoops.

Destroys ten scoops of highest-totaled opponent.

Net "gain" of 6 scoops against the opponent.

Net "loss" of 4 scoops elsewhere in the bracket.

The only cards in that list that have a gain greater than their potential cost are the Shield and the bumhole, with the Shield potentially saving you a total of six scoops (ten, minus the four you paid) and the bumhole destroying ten at the cost of four, giving you a net gain of six scoops. While it might be argued that one cancels out the other, this is rarely the case as players don’t open up their card bumaults with the bumhole card. Shotguns, Thieves and Destroyers plink shields away and bumholes hit once unguarded.

While the bumhole specifically exists to handle players with high scoop counds, they are reminiscent of the blue shell of Mario Kart fame, coming along to pimp slap the player in first place, so that the guys in second, third and fourth can drive on by.

While removing the Shield and bumhole cards would be directly beneficial to members of larger raiding klans (including Brainfreeze), these cards imbalance the system that governs the other existing cards.If the effects of all of the cards were reconsidered using bumhole and Shield as the baseline, there might be a more fun Domination game to be played.

Consider, if you will, the following mock-up of a possible re-imagining of the cards:

bumhole destroys twelve scoops at random:

- six from the top player in the bracket

- three from the second and third highest players in the bracket.

Shield protects you from the card type of your choice:

- bumhole

- Destroyer

- Shotgun

- Thief

Peeping Tom lists all of one opponent's cards and lets you:

- steal one card at random

- break an active shield at random

Destroyer destroys two chosen scoops from one player.

Shotgun destroys two random scoops from each of two players.

Modest Improvement generates two chosen scoops.

[new]Lotus Position generates three scoops of one flavour.

Thief steals from each of two players one scoop of a chosen flavour.

Switcheroo stays the same because it's cosmetic.

The concept of the cards, with this sort of re-imagining is that you have more ability to do damage within your bracket, while also giving you cards that reward you in a way that is closer to what you spend for them.

By spreading the damage of the bumhole out, multiple people get hit, moving more people into places of contention for medals.

By thinning the effectiveness of the Shield, players can be more specific as to what they are trying to prevent.

By allowing the Peeping Tom to break shields or steal cards, the card becomes useful for more than listing someone’s holdings in the domination team stall.

By having more cards affect multiple players in the bracket, there is more of a sense of “self” within the bracket, reducing the effectiveness of klan co-ordination to win medals without eliminating that aspect of play.

The problem with Domination isn’t the time that the match ends or the ability to hoard cards until the last day. It’s that some of the cards are ridiculously powerful when compared to the other cards that are available. Level the playing field by levelling the power of the cards.

Invariel edited this message on 05/31/2008 6:02AM

Fatquack

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Allthough there are some good suggestions here, most proposals do not change the fact that if you can’t be around for the last 5 minutes you can forget domination. ET, can you tell us what percentage of the playerbase is in Europe? If we’re only a tiny minority changing the times might screw over more people.

If it doesn’t change I just give up on domination and twiddle my thumbs while waiting for episode 2.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Obviously the thread has evolved from the end time discussion. A rotating or alternating end time would be a decent solution. Random time – awesome for anyone who doesn’t actually play the game, would completely suck for everyone else.

Invariel – entire post is very accurate and should seriously be considered. Can I credit you and post your card analysis on the ForumWarz Guide klan forum? I think it would be a great addition to our Domination guides. Log in to see images!

I’ve thought a lot about card limits / play limits. I used to be in favor of them, but a limit will actually reduce strategy and really put ‘target players’ at a disadvantage.

You take any player on the current lets play a game list posted by TSB – they are already targets of many other players and now they are on a hit list. I personally believe they are up to the challenge, the challengers don’t understand that they deal with that level of attack from each other all the time in the top pods. Now, say things are changed and the play limit or hand limit is 10 cards. Player 1 can play their Shields and Modests, maybe hit a rival with a destruction card. Then players 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 can play all their cards to attack player 1. This allows for the roving team up against one particular player to be so overpowered as to create a situation where there is no longer a point in playing.

Any card limit has no real benefit to the newer players and players in unmedaled pods, those players pretty much don’t play cards. Really, seriously. My new alt accidentally won a medal a couple of weeks ago by running visits. I never looked at the pod, and managed favorite flava.

Genesis proposed a ban on bumhole and Shield, this wouldn’t be bad, but definitely eliminates a lot of the suspense from the game.

I’d be more in favor of a nerf to The bumhole bringing the number of scoops destroyed down to a lower level. The bumhole (I’m weeping inside as I type this) is overpowered. I’ve been able to wipe the scoops from a pod all by myself, repeatedly. Granted this was in medaled pods and those players should have planned a little better, but I don’t know that one player should be able to lock out 11 others.

I’d really prefer new Domination cards were introduced. This would dilute the card pool making the Shield/Modest strategy less of a safety net, and would make destroying 210 scoops in one round extremely unlikely.

Invariel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

scullyangel Posted:

Invariel – entire post is very accurate and should seriously be considered. Can I credit you and post your card analysis on the ForumWarz Guide klan forum? I think it would be a great addition to our Domination guides. Log in to see images!

Sure, go ahead. I can’t exactly stop you.

fatquack Posted:

Although there are some good suggestions here, most proposals do not change the fact that if you can’t be around for the last 5 minutes you can forget domination.

This is, unfortunately, true. I’m not sure of a way that this could be made fair for everyone across the globe.

scullyangel Posted:

I’ve thought a lot about card limits / play limits. I used to be in favor of them, but a limit will actually reduce strategy and really put ‘target players’ at a disadvantage.

What if the number of cards you could have in your hand at any time was inversely linearly proportional to the number of medals you have in this season? The lower medal brackets start out with a larger hand size, and as you earn more medals during the season, you can hold fewer, to an established minimum, be that anywhere between three and seven or any other arbitrary number that the Zombies decide upon. This would increase the amount of strategy with regard to playing cards, while removing the TMI spam that generally happens at the end of a round forcing the playerbase to develop new strategies instead of reusing the same one every round.

Invariel edited this message on 05/31/2008 2:32PM

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

A little bit unrelated but i didn’t want to make a new thread about it.

Who made up the very special word pod for domination team?

Please stop using it.

scullyangel

Avatar: 44656 Mon Aug 17 23:47:33 -0400 2009

[Good Omens]

Level 39 Camwhore

If I was a gila monster you could be my devil ray.

POD! No idea where I picked it up, but I seem to use the terms interchangeably. Pod kind of makes more sense than team. Those people aren’t on my “team”, I wouldn’t blow the scoops earned by my “team” all to hell every week.

Just saying. Log in to see images!

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

I use bracket to describe the groupings as in “Those fabulous persons are in my bracket” or “Damn I have I weak bracket this week”.

Pods makes we think of orca whales.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I alternate between “bracket” and “group,” personally.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I usually call them ****holes, cluster****s, or little leagues depending on the competition.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

This thread is so easy to derail.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

Echuu Posted:

This thread is so easy to derail.

Probably because you are not supposed to be derailing it, since it is located in the domination forums.

At any rate, I personally like the idea of changing up the cards, as was suggested earlier. Make the cards give more bang for the buck.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

fenk the evil midnight stabber Posted:

Probably because you are not supposed to be derailing it, since it is located in the domination forums.

At any rate, I personally like the idea of changing up the cards, as was suggested earlier. Make the cards give more bang for the buck.

that is actually off topic fenk what the hell is wrong with you

also the end time should flip 12 hours every week because as pickled male reproductive organbum said if you want to win you should be willing to wake up at ****ty times or put the rest of your life on hold for dominatation

Invariel

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

Swapping the end times by six hours per week might not be a bad idea; each time zone group would receive their own “time to shine” (har har har) several times during a season, and this would probably be beneficial to everyone equally. (Or equally punishing to everyone.)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!