Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Boobs Can we please change the endtime of domination rounds?

Fatquack

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

At the moment domination ends at 3 AM for those of us in Europe. Which means that most weeks I am not able to play, since I have a job. I understand that changing it to a more old-world-friendly time might screw those in North America, but couldn’t we have variable times? As long as it is not just after rollover any time between rollover on Wednesday and rollover on Thursday should not make a difference for amount of visits, AF and such. Even if just once a month there was a more friendly time I would be happy.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Nah, I like it the way it is.

We get all the fat people and you get all of the castles; I find it pretty fitting that we should get the good domination times.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

It could definitely be more neutral, doesn’t have to be thaaat biased.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Echuu Posted:

It could definitely be more neutral, doesn’t have to be thaaat biased.

Europe is neutral enough already, they’ve got Switzerland. It’s only natural for the nation stationing FOX News and the Green party to be slightly biased.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I think, but could be wrong here, that there are manual things which need to be done at Domination end time, so it needs to be a time when people who can do those things — located on the east coast of Canada — would be awake.

If that’s the case, the problem could be solved by cycling the end times of the round throughout Wednesday, and publishing a schedule in advance for planning purposes.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

As a Eurofabulous person I support this. My grades have really been slipping since I started playing domination, because it’s pretty hard to do well in school when I’ve only slept for 3 hours.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

this wouldn’t be such an issue if domination wasn’t so dependant on last minute moves. It’s broken.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Maybe the length of a Domination round should be increased.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

was Posted:

Maybe the length of a Domination round should be increased.

wouldn’t make a difference, everyone would still wait until the very end to do all their card-playing and such. It’s lame.

Someone suggested before some kind of limit on how many cards can be played in a certain amount of time or something like that. i think there needs to be some variation of that put into place.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

BirdofPrey Posted:

wouldn’t make a difference, everyone would still wait until the very end to do all their card-playing and such. It’s lame.

Couple of ideas:

1) No cards can be played during the last 24 hours. So there’d still be a rush but you have a day to recover.

2) Limit the number of cards a player can hold to something like 5. You’d be forced to use them throughout the week if you wanted to while still being able to do some last-minute ninja-ing, but the impact wouldn’t be a strong in that last minute.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Couple of ideas:

2) Limit the number of cards a player can hold to something like 5. You’d be forced to use them throughout the week if you wanted to while still being able to do some last-minute ninja-ing, but the impact wouldn’t be a strong in that last minute.

I like this idea. I think it can be a little more than 5 (maybe 7 or something)

That allows for other features, like granting special bonuses depending on your cards, for example if all of your 7 cards are destroyers, destroyers will be slightly more effective for you. I’m thinking +1 for 3, another +1 for 6, and one more +1 for all 7.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

No cards in the last 24 hours sounds a little blindsighted to me. People could just save up 12 visits and go on an 50-scoop last minute rush, or just do a last minute Klan raid, in the case of the latter it’d be terribly biased towards those clans that are large and domination oriented (i.e., Brainfreeze, Good Omens, and Brainfreeze).

Maybe each card has a different “life span”? Say, you need to use your modest improvements within a day of buying them, your shotguns go defunct after 2 days, bumholes dead in 36 hours, etc.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

all these suggestions sound like people have never played n the top bracket.

that bracket is all about cards, otherwise it would be whoever could do the best lemon/pistachio run at the last minute, EVERY WEEK.

way i see it, leave it as it is, but let people label themselves as euro or american in their options, and run two different domination times, and let people place into pods based on their selection.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 05/30/2008 8:14PM

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

that bracket is all about cards, otherwise it would be whoever could do the best lemon/pistachio run at the last minute, EVERY WEEK.

way i see it, leave it as it is, but let people label themselves as euro or american in their options, and run two different domination times, and let people place into pods based on their selection.

But if we do that I couldn’t bumhole you anymore. Where’s the fun in that?Log in to see images!

More seriously, if we have two sections that are separated we can’t stop our transatlantic competition from gaining medals, making the leaderboard terribly unbalanced.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

yeah you can, you just register as transatlantic Log in to see images!

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

if it were me though, i’d just set an alarm for 2:40am and suck it up once a week.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

Read my post above, in which I pointed out the same flaw. However, having the entire week summed up in who can play the most cards in one minute is just as equally broken.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

While I think the timing is awkward for euro players they constitute a small fraction of the userbase.

I do however think some things can be done to limit the horde shields and modests until the last minute and blitz routine that everyone seems to do currently.

If you limit the number of cards that can be played in an hour it becomes a much more strategic game. Another idea would be to keep the time roughly the same but to have it end at a random time during that hour. You could hide the precise end time and people would need to rush a bit earlier or risk losing access to cards.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i just don’t see how that could work. you’d have to throw the cards out early and subject yourself to so many attacks that shields become worthless

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Vuron Posted:

imit the number of cards that can be played in an hour

This sounds very interesting.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!