Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Boobs Can we please change the endtime of domination rounds?

Hythloday

Avatar: 46087 Thu Oct 16 17:16:30 -0400 2008

Level 18 Hacker

Ghost in the Machine

Explanation:
Limiting card hands not only weakens the rain of bumhole cards but the amount of Shields one can hold. As a solution, it is optimal.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Hythloday Posted:

Explanation:
Limiting card hands not only weakens the rain of bumhole cards but the amount of Shields one can hold. As a solution, it is optimal.

So like a maximum of x cards in hand total? or a maximum of y card of each type?

I wouldn’t mind seeing a maximum “hand” of 7-10 cards. That way you would be encouraged to burn cards throughout the week while holding onto cards like shields and modests that can help during the final rush.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Vuron Posted:

So like a maximum of x cards in hand total? or a maximum of y card of each type?

I wouldn’t mind seeing a maximum “hand” of 7-10 cards. That way you would be encouraged to burn cards throughout the week while holding onto cards like shields and modests that can help during the final rush.

exactly

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

whats the right amount then? 7-10 seems really low to me

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

whats the right amount then? 7-10 seems really low to me

it only seems really low because you guys are used to hoarding dozens. 7-10 sounds fine, and it will require some real strategy. It will also make things a lot more exciting during the week.

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

BirdofPrey Posted:

the way it is now you basically have to be around at one very specific time of the week to have any real chance of winning. If that isn’t broken, I don’t know what is.

maybe get rid of bumhole cards. then that wouldn’t be the case.

Oh honey, that’s not the only problem. When I was playing during the last week, and I still happened to be active in the last few minutes, I was going for min scoops, and had 2 or 3 in each. Only one other person was in competition for min scoops. Then I saw I needed to get another card to hopefully fill out my final slot, so I pwned another forum, and then you suddenly had 11 in each, while two others had 8. So it wasn’t bumhole, it was modest improvement or the like which gave you that. And if you didn’t have them played in the last minute, my strategy would’ve been different. So don’t go blaming everything on bumhole cards, sweetie.

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

I would start with an arbitrarily low number and maybe ratchet it up based on feedback from players.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

well, if there weren’t bumholes, then there wouldn’t be a last minute rush. you are blaming the symptom not the cause. (its not our fault you didn’t pay attention to what the peeping toms said about the cards in our hands)

don’t get upset because your strategy didn’t work.

also this is not a roleplaying forum.

though if there weren’t bumholes, there weren’t be last minute rushes, but people would still complain that it is impossible to beat someone who vanilla raids. which i guess is the purpose of having bumholes, right? so people don’t feel overwhelmed. So the real root of the problem is vanilla raids.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 05/31/2008 12:56AM

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

don’t get upset because your strategy didn’t work.

also this is not a roleplaying forum.

I’m not upset, hon. And while this may not be role-playing, I’m still contributing to the discussion and not trolling.

My strategy was fine back when I first employed it, months ago. I’m just reflecting on the determination that bumhole cards are the sole problem, and you haven’t convinced me that they are. The problem as I see it is what was presented earlier, that you have to be playing during the last few minutes in order to have a chance.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

—- because durring the week if you leave scoops out the get bumholed, or if you deploy them too early they get bumholed.

you aren;t following the logic?

like i edited in to my earlier post, the balance purpose of bumholes is to equalize those who have access to large amounts of scoops – vanilla raiders. (being the only remaining vestige of high scoop possibility) so to fix the problem at the root, and even the problem of mbumive cards used for ninja, all you have to do is further restrict vanilla raids.

maybe do away with them, and increase the amount of scoops and method a solo player can utilize to get vanilla. maybe make it that solo vanilla is 1 scoop for 4 forums, 2 for 5, 3 for 6 and up.

(also calling someone “hon” and “sweetheart” sounds like you are talking down, which sounds like trolling)

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 05/31/2008 1:02AM

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Well let’s think of what would happen if nothing changed except for a card limit. Players doing vanilla raids would have a crapload of scoops on their hands all of the sudden, in many cases certainly enough to put them in the lead for scoops, making them subsceptible to bumholes.

If bumholes were as plentiful as they are now, they would have 2 choices: have their vanilla scoops be bumholed down horribly, or buy several offensive cards until the limit is reached,, use them all, buy more, use more, etc. until they weren’t in the lead anymore. That still doesn’t really work.

If you were to put in a card limit, i think you would need to make bumhole cards less common as well. A double-fix.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i agree that any full solution definitely needs to include a huge reduction in chances of drawing an bumhole.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

of course if they just moved the endtime up 3 hours or so then euro players wouldn’t be complaining (they’d have to stay up to midnight, instead of 3am) and people would still have some time to get home from work in the US and Canada.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

of course if they just moved the endtime up 3 hours or so then euro players wouldn’t be complaining (they’d have to stay up to midnight, instead of 3am) and people would still have some time to get home from work in the US and Canada.

no matter when you make it, some people are inevitably gonna be screwed based on their individual cirgreat timesstances, and that sucks.

Vuron

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

That would be 6pm EDT which would basically screw most people who work 9-5 jobs in the majority of the US. I don’t know what percentage of the userbase is in that boat but I would say it’s a decent percentage.

If a static time is used it should be convenient for the vast majority of the userbase which is currently based in the US and Canada. The other option is a floating time that shifts around based on some sort of random number generator. That way you might have a great time one week and a horrible time another week. The only thing I think you would want to avoid is having domination too close to rollover.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Vuron Posted:

That would be 6pm EDT which would basically screw most people who work 9-5 jobs in the majority of the US. I don’t know what percentage of the userbase is in that boat but I would say it’s a decent percentage.

Maybe. Maybe we’re mostly a bunch of college students with varying schedules. Hard to tell, really.

I agree with the point that any time would be bad for someone. Which is why I suggested, and support those who suggest, rotating times, as long as there are make-or-break options available in the last few minutes.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Let’s make it really hardcore and just say domination will end “some time on wednesday”. People will play the cards they want to play, or risk losing them. Then the time works in no one’s favor because no one knows when it is.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

eh, that sucks too. It just turns domination into a game of chicken. I’d rather fix the problem of all-important last minute piledrives altogether.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Hythloday Posted:

Explanation:

If you’ve got X cards and Y opponents with a potential for X*Y attack cards, you’re still boned if you hold on to scoops. Also, since you can’t be use up shields on your own, you’d have prevented yourself from buying any more cards.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

well thn the problem has to be fixed at vanilla > bumholes > cards

you fix vanilla, and you fix the whole thing

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!