Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pumpkin Fatalism, Chapter I: Intro, Outro

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Ann had been holding tightly to the dog’s leash, trying to be cheerful as she walked through the parc. Whiskey (the dog) had been acting really agitated lately, which was odd, considering everything else that had been going on… Ann let her thoughts wander for a bit, and Whiskey broke free, trotting toward some weird guy with a trench coat. Probably a flasher. Ann made a face and ran after the dog, trying to catch it.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Arman

The man quickly looks back down, shrouding his face once more. You could have sworn there was a smile there.

All

He breathes out quickly, before starting to talk.

“One. Wait for her.”

Gesturing in the direction of Ann, he continues.

“Two. My name is Quixote, and I know much more than you do. Would you care to listen?”

At around this point, Whiskey’s reached Quixote, before whimpering and lying down.

sonichaos735

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Miles could do nothing but casually look up from his spot…his eyes were fixed in place on the strange man in the trenchcoat, but he tried to seem subtle…His vision flickered back and forth from focusing on the man to his sketchpad, which he was scribbling away in…on the page, a drawing. The figure he was frantically sketching looked somewhat similar to the man, but a lot different…the coat was larger and it had thin coattails which fluttered in the wind as he drew them, and the man’s eyes glowed red…The mysterious figure intrigued Miles, and this was why he continued to make him even more mysterious on paper…not just mysterious, but evil…He noticed the others who were talking to him, but he payed them no mind as he continued to draw.

R2

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Appiah, who was sitting at a table watching the man, sits up and slowly walks closer. His dark brown eyes flick from Ann and Arman to the man in the blacker than black coat, and he calls out in harsh, mangled English spotted with West African French. “Monsieur, have you seen them? Have you seen les Ancetres? I think you are a blessed man. I will listen. ****, TAIS-TOI! bumIEDS-TOI!” The little mongrel dog that had been dancing around the man in the black coat and barking whines, sitting down on the ground.

Appiah smiles apologetically, sitting down closer to the man who adressed them.

R2 edited this message on 06/14/2008 6:16AM

Rastanarchar-
ismarx

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

“Why the hell is this **** happening to me” Jacques is thinking… He is feeling terrible and having an awful feeling of a deja vu… an image of a distant forgotten memory is suddenly flashing through his head…
The flickering streetlights are irritating him and the distant sound of the wheels of a car rolling over the wet tarmac sounds like a tsunami eternally coming closer and closer but never getting there and is seriously agitating him. Jacques feels he absolutely has to leave this place, but he still has the most pressing urge to talk to the old man… Jacques stands up, opens his mouth ands says: “Screw you guys! I’m going home!”, and walks out of the parc. but as he walks out the streetlights in front of his eyes are turning red, the fountain is spitting black blood, the mermaid is screaming without a sound, the trees are dying, the grbum is burning, the air is becoming mucky and he’s getting the feeling he’s being swallowed by the scarlet gleaming darkness. he winks his eyes but still the horror won’t go away and as he realizes he has no choice but to return to stop this his cellphone starts to vibrate and makes the sound of an orchestra of a thousand tormented souls! Jacques falls on his knees and his phone seems to vibrate harder and harder!
He stands up runs back into the parc and throws the cellphone towards the old man, who dodges and the phone falls into the bushes and Jacques hears a loud bark. Jacques shouts at the old man “What the hell do you want from me!”. Everything around Jacques goes back to normal and Jacques notices his neighbors dog next to him holding his cellphone in his mouth. The dog drops the cellphone and Jacques picks it up. He missed a call from his sister.

If anyone is interested in me putting the full flashback they can tub me or ask here, if not I’m gonna wait for another occasion to post it. (I’ve already typed it anyway.) It requires quite some space so I’ll only edit it into this post it if Veer doesn’t mind.
EDIT: I just changed Ann’s dog into his neighbors dog
Rastanarcharismarx edited this message on 06/15/2008 1:23PM

TomInTheBox

Level 27 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

I look from side to side at the gathering I have “stumbled” upon. Sure, I was walking aimlessly through The Parc, ****ed at the latest hand I’d been dealt…Yet in the back of my mind there was that man, that trenchcoat. I couldn’t put a finger on who or what it was, but I’d couldn’t damn well shake it.

And now, right in front of me, that man…that trenchcoat.

Never mind the motley crew, what the hell is with this guy?

Wringing my hands nervously, I ask, “So…what the ****?”

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Sorry for coming in kinda late, havn’t had too much time.

Clair Walked up to the fountaine looking at her reflection in the water as she noticed the man, she watched him from the cornor of her eye she thought

What a shady figure…

arbitrayer

Level 18 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

If you guys don’t mind me asking, why is everyone spelling park with a c at the end? Its spelled park not parc.

arbitrayer edited this message on 06/14/2008 11:26PM

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Clair splashed her hands in the water, some accidently hitting the man. She muttered “sorry” standing up and walking out of the parc. No sooner had she walked out of the parc, she heard those terrible screams again. The screaming she heard in her dreams, no nightmares, the screams she sometimes heard at school. Those blood curling screams. She looked around holding her ears tightly, as the screams got louder, and louder. She noticed blood splattered acrosse the ground. At the site of this she turned around and ran back into the parc with her eyes closed, accidently bumping into the man. She opened her eyes, unpluged her ears, and looked around. The screams had vanished into the evening sky. The blood seemed to have been abosrbed into the grbum. She look at the mans face and said “sorry.” She just stood there looking at the man then asking “Who are you, I’ve never seen you around before..”

arbitrayer

Level 18 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

As Quentin sits on the park bench and waits for Bob to retreive his wallet, he cant help to notice time slowing. He glances around and everyone in the park, animals included seem to be moving incredibly sluggish. And in the corner of his eye he notices the man in the trenchcoat staring at him, not blinking or moving in the slightest. His presense seems almost hypnotizing, and as Quentin stares at the man, he feels his heart speeding up. “What is this feeling?” He mutters to himself. The man finally moves, but just for a split second. He moved his arm! Slowly but steadily, without wavering his glare at Quentin, he reaches into his pocket. Then, with no warning a shattering pain fills Quentins head. He can’t help but to let out a scream, the pain is unbearable. Then simultaneosly the man in the suit pulls his hand out of his pocket swiftly, and the pain quickly subsides. “Who is this man? I must find out.” He thinks to himself. Then a resounding voice, from seemingly nowhere and everywhere at the same time enters Quentin’s mind. “COME HERE BOY

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Ann bent down and tried to pet Whiskey, looking around at the group. It was weird how so many people had suddenly appeared…

“Listen to what?”

-rocky-sadly-

[Brainfreeze]

Level 54 Emo Kid

“Emo Philips”

No reply from the man. And he didn’t see his face. He didn’t care much about his face at this point, but he was still interested in the man. He looked around and noticed other people around him he never noticed before. He wasn’t sure if they’re just here by chance. There’s a link between all of this, but he can’t put his mind into it. He’d rather relax for a moment than to chat with these people.

He brought out his iPod and earphones from his pocket and started listening to music. 5 minutes pbum, and everything is normal. Then the music that he hears become tortured screams of pain. Screams from the depths of hell. Screams of tortured souls amongst the living. Fear-inducing screams.

He throws his iPod away in fright. It breaks into pieces.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

You do not know anyone’s name yet. And try not to include anyone’s reactions to anything you do, besides your own. If it’s like your dog then I’m cool with it. Also, I hate flashbacks. With a pbumion. I will probably not read them.

Arman, Ann, Appiah, Jacques, Gil, and Clair

Quixote grins, pulls the cigarette out of his mouth, and says, “Six. It’s Quixote. Relax, the lot of you. Especially French, Cells, and iPod. And you over there, Alt! Feel free to join us!”

He looks up, and the shadows are pulled away, revealing…

a rather ordinary face, beaming. His eyes are a warm brown, and smile small and knowing.

“Now, names, names, please. Though Cells, I’m going to call you Cells, because from what I hear I can go to Hell. Wouldn’t that be a shame?”

He grins at Jacques. A cinder drops.

“Now, when Alt stops freaking out, Scribbles stops drawing, and Tremors stops… I don’t know what Tremors over there is doing.”

He looks at Graham with curiosity, before turning back to the six standing near him.

“Okay, I’ll need to know all your names at some point, but right now, I’ll want you to calm down. Could you all tell me who are you, and please, be quick. There’s going to be eleven of you here, I hope, and you all want a turn.”

Miles, Quentin, Rexus, and Graham

The man begins speaking to the small crowd around him. You can’t hear, but you can see that he reveals his face. From where you’re at, it doesn’t look unpleasant in the least.

Graham

He looks at you directly while he’s speaking, before turning back to the crowd.

Note: Try to avoid reading other people’s segments. If you do, be sure to not godmod by using knowledge from that post in your RPing.

Veer edited this message on 06/15/2008 1:00AM

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Ann looked up from kneeling on the ground and twisted a piece of hair nervously.

“Um, I’m Ann, and this is Whiskey. ...Eleven people? How did you know we were going to be here?”

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Sorry for the tardiness, stuff’s been busy

Oh, nature! The smell of honeysuckles as they gently brush past your nose as you stroll by! The sight of fluffy dogs chasing after airborne discs thrown by their cruel masters! The pleasant sight of a growing crowd surrounding a darkly dressed individual!

Wait, a growing crowd surrounding a darkly dressed individual? That’s a bit odd. I break off from my normal strolling path to get a closer look at the brouhaha.

TeeKayEff edited this message on 06/15/2008 1:04AM

TomInTheBox

Level 27 Emo Kid

“Lopsided McHaircut”

“That’s it? Meet and greet? I feel like I’ve been pulled along by strings for the last hour, and it’s to say hello?”

I reflexively rub at my nose, and give a derisive snort.

“****ing unbelievable. I’ll give you a name when you explain what’s messing with my head.”

TomInTheBox edited this message on 06/15/2008 1:19AM

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Clair backs away from the man, leaning agaisnt a near-by tree. She looks aroudn surveying, then looking down at her raggedy shoes, as she thinks about events that had happend a week before.

R2

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Appiah Jawara grins, flashing white teeth providing a stark contrast to his black face. “French? You flatter me, monsieur. I speak ****-french, black french, not francais de Paris.”

He nods to Gil, “You take it easy, mon ami. N’inquite pas. This man looks wise, like he knows things.”

He speaks to Ann and Quixote, “Bonjour Ann, Quixote. I am Appiah Jawara – Jawara is what people call me. Al-Hamdullah; Allah smiles on our meeting.”

Meanwhile, **** makes amorous advances to Whiskey, irregardless of his/her gender.

Re Note: I bumume it’s ok to read what other people are doing and react to it in terms of actions etc that would be visible to our characters? Like, not reading their thoughts or intentions, but just reacting to stuff they explicitly do/say.

R2 edited this message on 06/15/2008 12:43PM

Rick Ashley

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

She finnaly speaks responding to the man. “I am Clair, you do not need to know my last name. My parents died a week ago, that is all you need to know, and all I’m going to tell you.”

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

As the man in black looked at him, Anthony immediately drew his gaze to the ground.

The man was surrounded by THOSE things.

Anthony knew them well, whether he’d prefer to or not, and had been seeing them with increasing frequency lately. Terrible, pink creatures with antennae for a head. They had wings, but couldn’t fly well at all – their movements were sloppy and erratic. They ranged in size, but the largest were the size of a man.

But what terrified Anthony was something he hadn’t realized, but intuitively knew – they were intelligent, and they had purpose.

Anthony sat on the ground waited for something – anything – to happen.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 06/15/2008 3:49PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!