Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me The Antifreeze Cap

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

5 per day is pretty low, especially compared to the easy 12 lemon sherbet per day. I’d suggest raising it to 10 per day.

Also, why isn’t there a cap on vanilla or chocolate? Make chocolate 10 per day, and vanilla 20 per day, imo. Otherwise, next season’s domination will be entirely about raiding guilds.

Goth_Jesus edited this message on 05/19/2008 11:42AM

Cerebellum

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I think if there were caps on everything, domination would just end up being a whole bunch of people hitting the cap in everything and all having the same score, which would be bad. And the antifreeze cap, as far as I know, is just temporary until some changes can be made to gamblebot.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

Cerebellum Posted:

I think if there were caps on everything, domination would just end up being a whole bunch of people hitting the cap in everything and all having the same score, which would be bad. And the antifreeze cap, as far as I know, is just temporary until some changes can be made to gamblebot.

it would be impossible to hit the cap in everything. it would be too easy to make a formula for getting the most possible scoops though, and in the end the entire round would fall on cards and luck. bad

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Honestly unless vanilla scoops utterly dominate domination I don’t see them nerfing them much further. Besides just about any halfway decent klan with any sort of internal cohesion can pretty easily stage a small scale vanilla raid. Combined with 25 scoops from gambling and some choco/yellows/pistachios it’s fairly easy for small klans to compete pretty heavily in the upcoming season of domination.

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Vuron Posted:

Honestly unless vanilla scoops utterly dominate domination

Which they do. In any of the top brackets, people earning vanilla scoops are easily getting an extra 100 scoops, or 25 cards, over everyone else. It’s easily giving these people a huge advantage.

Vanilla scoops should give an advantage. If people are willing to raid, then let them be rewarded for it. But when that reward involves doubling or tripling the amount of scoops earned by five players in the same bracket?

Right now, that advantage isn’t insurmountable. But let’s remember that antifreeze was uncapped for months before it really started to be abused; we’ll see the same thing with vanilla, as more and more people realize it’s the only way to gain an advantage. If a cap isn’t added, then we’re going to see vanilla raids earning the same insurmountable advantage as SotQR raids used to.

In summary, right now every flavor is capped except for vanilla and chocolate. (The former being much easier to earn.)

Edit: if you want evidence, go to the top domination team and sort by cards.

Goth_Jesus edited this message on 05/19/2008 2:49PM

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

please dominate me <3 <3 <3

Goth_Jesus Posted:

Vanilla scoops should give an advantage. If people are willing to raid, then let them be rewarded for it. But when that reward involves doubling or tripling the amount of scoops earned by five players in the same bracket?

I don’t see what’s wrong with doubling or tripling a klan’s scoops as a reward for the amount of time, effort, and most importantly coordination amongst a group of people to pull off a decent raid. Arktor, are you getting bored over there in your one man klan?

You seem to be forgetting Antifreeze was capped because of the potential infinite number of scoops a person could get through gambling. The only soft restriction placed on it was the amount of time the person would be willing to spend gambling.

In comparison Vanilla has a pretty hard restriction in that scoops earned is still limited to the klan raid’s visits remaining, not to mention the other restricting factors of even trying to get players from around the world on at the same time to pull off the raid.

Winning medals isn’t that hard people, as long as you’re around when domination ends (which I currently see as the only restriction that’s not completely fair). Players can get at least 30 cards per dom round on lemons/pistachios alone if they’re really determined to win some medals. And again, all it takes is to be around when dom ends to sneak in some modests for fave flava or min scoops. If all this is too much effort for some people, then cry more please because the rest of us really care. really.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Yeah, capping vanilla kills the usefulness of klan raids. It got nerf’d to the point it’s not IMPOSSIBLE to beat – but if you still feel threatened by klans raiding, join/create a klan based around raiding.

I was in the first vanilla raid, back before it was nerf’d. We got…somewhere around 100 vanilla scoops. The best raid I ever participated in yielded 300 scoops. Be glad that CZ is actually TRYING, unlike what other games fail to do.

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

vanilla scoops are too great: a dedicated single player who does not use vanilla scoops should be able to overcome someone who does with difficulty. they should not have to contend with a 100 scoop difference.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

Veer Posted:

vanilla scoops are too great: a dedicated single player who does not use vanilla scoops should be able to overcome someone who does with difficulty. they should not have to contend with a 100 scoop difference.

Well how dedicated is this single player in wanting medals? If it gets to the point that participating in raids is the only way to earn a ton of scoops and win medals, then maybe the player should just suck it up and join a damn raiding klan.

But like I said earlier, you don’t need a ton of scoops/cards from raids to win a medal. It’s how and when you play your cards. The cards a player can get on his or her own in a week is plenty to win at least one medal. If not, then maybe the player just sucks at this game. l2pkthx

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The vanilla gripe is not the same as the anti-freeze gripe, but a small bump in anti-freeze might help close the gap.

I agree that anti-freeze should be popped up to 8 or 10 scoops per day. I posted that in the anti-freeze thread 2 weeks ago.

As for vanilla, I’ve disliked it for a long time, but CZ has pretty solidly stated that they like vanilla as a way to encourage klan raiding.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I recognize that this may lead to vanilla scoops abuse again, but that’s already been nerfed and wasn’t really a problem, IMO. The fact that we encourage people to be in Klans, and partake in vanilla runs isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Frankly that is what made me start putting a klan together with the idea of figuring out a better method for a smaller group of players to raid. Can a group of 4 people earn as much vanilla as a group of 30? No, of course not, but just tonight we had a group of 7 players and alts manage 52 scoops. Certainly not an epic raid by any means, but none of us had more than 8 visits and I’m pretty sure members of another klan were purposely trying to interrupt our raid by taking down certain forums.

I really think people should give a small scale raid a try before howling that vanilla is impossible. (Of course small scale isn’t going to work nearly as well if your klan is just you an your alts, although it’s still possible.)

That said, I still wouldn’t mind seeing solo vanilla bumped to either 2 scoops or to give a scoop for every forum over 4th as well as the 4th.

scully edited this message on 05/21/2008 3:49AM

200KillerWas-
ps

Avatar: 28280 Fri Dec 12 03:48:27 -0500 2008

Level 37 Troll

Don't caek me bro!

BirdofPrey Posted:

it would be impossible to hit the cap in everything. it would be too easy to make a formula for getting the most possible scoops though, and in the end the entire round would fall on cards and luck. bad

It already does, jesus…

angstcity

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 36 Camwhore

My bum is filled with horse great times

There are ways to maximize scoops in any given round, but as long as there are Domination cards and other players involved nothing is locked down. Especially in the upper pods.

Westside Wiz-
ard

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Genesis Posted:

Well how dedicated is this single player in wanting medals? If it gets to the point that participating in raids is the only way to earn a ton of scoops and win medals, then maybe the player should just suck it up and join a damn raiding klan.

But like I said earlier, you don’t need a ton of scoops/cards from raids to win a medal. It’s how and when you play your cards. The cards a player can get on his or her own in a week is plenty to win at least one medal. If not, then maybe the player just sucks at this game. l2pkthx

I have 9 shinies and have earned a total of two vanilla scoops from clan raids. It is possible if you play smart (and have a bit of luck, I guess) to earn medals without raiding for vanilla.

Now I’m in a raid klan though I will earn me some vanilla. Log in to see images!

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Genesis Posted:

maybe not everyone wants to have to join your fabulous person klan to win medals

consider that for a moment

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

BirdofPrey Posted:

maybe not everyone wants to have to join your fabulous person klan to win medals

I never said people should join Brainfreeze. Go join Good Omens if you want, hell why not get your own klan to run raids instead of just being dumb all day.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Genesis Posted:

I never said people should join Brainfreeze. Go join Good Omens if you want, hell why not get your own klan to run raids instead of just being dumb all day.

we’d rather have fun than play domination (snap)

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

scullyangel Posted:

just tonight we had a group of 7 players and alts manage 52 scoops. Certainly not an epic raid by any means, but none of us had more than 8 visits and I’m pretty sure members of another klan were purposely trying to interrupt our raid by taking down certain forums.

taking into account vanilla inflation (post nerf) 52 scoops is a better run than the first SoTQR run back when it all started. would have been 156 scoops back then – not bad at all for 7 altwhores.

Genesis

[Brainfreeze]

Level 10 Camwhore

BirdofPrey Posted:

//

we’d rather have fun than play domination (snap)

have fun not winning medals then

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Westside Wizard Posted:

I have 9 shinies and have earned a total of two vanilla scoops from clan raids. It is possible if you play smart (and have a bit of luck, I guess) to earn medals without raiding for vanilla.

That’s where you’re wrong. The only reason you’re not having a problem is because the people in raiding klans who really care about domination are in higher brackets already. So you haven’t competed with them.

And now that you’re in the top bracket, I notice that you aren’t competing.

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Genesis Posted:

have fun not winning medals then

I have to give you credit. At least you don’t pretend that you’re not a pretentious ****. You wholeheartedly believe that only people who take the time to raid should earn scoops. However, people who take the same amount of time to gamble should not earn scoops.

scullyangel Posted:

just tonight we had a group of 7 players and alts manage 52 scoops.

52 scoops. In one night, with two nights worth of visits. That’s actually really good.

And don’t give that **** about coordination. I’ve coordinated vanilla runs, and it’s not complicated. By all means it deserves a reward, but that reward shouldn’t be so damn high. Like Genesis is so proudly trumpeting, if you want to win domination, join a raiding klan. If that’s the direction that CZ wants domination to play out in, then it’s their choice. I might disagree, but it’s still their choice.

Goth_Jesus edited this message on 05/21/2008 8:01PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!