Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
tl;dr Retire INCIT

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

Look at the level of activity. See how many pictures per day ever reach the voting stage and end up awarding scoops.

It is such a pathetic amount (on 03/05 it was about 10 pictures in total. The day before that I think it was about 20 and I didn’t bother checking the day before that).

Compare the current level of activity with the same period from a year ago, and the level of activity from a year before that.

INCIT had a good run. Please put it out of its misery before we hate it even more than we already do.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Instead of killing it, how about we revive it? As I see it, INCIT has two problems:

1. It uses the same photos over and over and over and over again.

2. Most of the people who play it are incapable of being funny.

It is obvious that there are quick fixes for both these problems:

1. Get new stock photos (CZ could possibly even hold a contest for new INCIT photos).

2. Convince some of the more creative, “good posters” from Flamebate to play INCIT once more.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Oh, and, if you will pardon the double-post, I would also like to add that retiring INCIT would seriously affect Dom, so there’s that too.

The Gentleman

Avatar: 206477 2009-09-16 15:48:39 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Professor Commie PhD Posted:

Oh, and, if you will pardon the double-post, I would also like to add that retiring INCIT would seriously affect Dom, so there’s that too.

That’s like saying if we retire suicide scoops it will seriously affect dom.

The Gentleman edited this message on 03/07/2010 5:16AM

male reproductive organFACEPANTS

Avatar: 60174 2010-06-14 22:20:22 -0400

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 65 Troll

REDNECK fine upstanding member of societyfabulous person WHORE

How can it affect Dom? You would lose around 10 chocolate scoops in total, across all dom players in all teams and all brackets. It’s pretty insignificant if you ask me.

BobTheSqueak-
yWeasel

Avatar: 63475 2010-04-01 02:14:05 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Instead of killing it, how about we revive it? As I see it, INCIT has two problems:

1. It uses the same photos over and over and over and over again.

2. Most of the people who play it are incapable of being funny.

It is obvious that there are quick fixes for both these problems:

1. Get new stock photos (CZ could possibly even hold a contest for new INCIT photos).

2. Convince some of the more creative, “good posters” from Flamebate to play INCIT once more.

1. This would not be a problem if #2 weren’t a problem.

2. This is never going to be solved, given that the primary demographic for INCIT is the cross-section of people who like Forumwarz (I guess this isn’t too bad) and people who find de-motivational posters endlessly entertaining (even the clever ones are rarely worth a chuckle).

KenKaniff

Avatar: 143897 Tue Mar 03 14:45:58 -0500 2009

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

I really like INCIT, but OP brings up a very good point. It’s too bad INCIT has lost it’s appeal, it was pretty fun back in it’s prime.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

The problem with INCIT is the same problem with Forumwarz/Flamebate. The user base keeps shrinking. The enjoyment for INCIT comes more from the chat than the game itself.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

KenKaniff Posted:

I really like INCIT, but OP brings up a very good point. It’s too bad INCIT has lost it’s appeal, it was pretty fun back in it’s prime.

Yes. At this point, I don’t see any arguments for the new rules. It was more fun about a year ago with less rules and less pictures.

AIDS woman's genitals

Avatar: 184403 2009-09-17 04:10:15 -0400

Level 69 Troll

show me your zucchini and I'll show you my cugreat timesber :zak:

Aldo_Anything Posted:

It was more fun about a year ago with less rules and less pictures.

Teh Cezar

Avatar: 139026 2011-07-31 00:02:35 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I think people don’t play INCIT anymore because they don’t care anymore, aside from the fact that there aren’t any new pictures. The users who are genuinely funny won’t waste their time trying to caption an old, maybe unfunny image.

I used to play INCIT a lot when I joined, and it was pretty active around July, when I became temporarily inactive. When I returned in November, it was already **** and nobody was playing. We don’t need to retire it; we need some cool additions.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Aldo_Anything Posted:

It was more fun about a year ago with less rules and less pictures.

Very true. It was also more fun when it didn’t take an hour to get five submissions, only to discover that four of the five aren’t around to vote so there are no winners. (This actually happens frequently.) IMO, there should be a cap on how long a single round can take; if there aren’t five submissions within, say, five minutes, cancel the round and start again. Acknowledge that FW players have short attention spans, and the number of completed rounds will probably go up.

Sneaky27

Avatar: 70951 2010-02-06 21:28:05 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Very true. It was also more fun when it didn’t take an hour to get five submissions, only to discover that four of the five aren’t around to vote so there are no winners. (This actually happens frequently.) IMO, there should be a cap on how long a single round can take; if there aren’t five submissions within, say, five minutes, cancel the round and start again. Acknowledge that FW players have short attention spans, and the number of completed rounds will probably go up.

Best suggestion so far. Barely edges out Official Incit Photo Contest, but I would love to see this still.

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Maybe it’s time to rethink the scoops reward. If there’s an actual incentive to play INCIT perhaps more funny/well known people will play it. But the way I see it, the big problems with INCIT are lack of people and lack of appeal/neseccity(sp) past the original novelty of first playing it. I mean, when I first started playing it, I was addicted. I loved every minute of it, and it was almost always active. Now it’s pretty much the most overlooked part of FWZ.

In my honest opinion, repeated images are the LEAST of INCIT’s problems.

Joseph of Suburbia edited this message on 03/07/2010 10:16PM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

retire it. I’m tired of everyone and their grandmother thinking they have come up with the grandest end all final solution to fixing incit. And all the related arguing as well.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

There are almost *4000* images in the INCIT pool. 199 pages at 20 pictures per page.

Are pictures repeating too often? If so, that’s something we should know so ET can take (another) look at the algorithm. But it should be cycling through every single picture (in a random order) before repeating any.

One thing to keep in mind, though. It’s possible (although should be rare) that image #3974 in the order becomes image #10 when the images get shuffled again. It’s possible that you’ll see the same image twice, but it shouldn’t be happening often.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Incit is **** because no-one (or at least, no-one funny) plays Incit because Incit is ****.

Solution: break the chain and play some Incit, and try not to be direly unfunny.

Or let it rot.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don’t play INCIT because it’s a major time sink – it has a low reward to time invested ratio. You could play it all day and never win, and it’s easy to miss a voting period because things are often so dead.

CarlieGotfin-
gered

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

Well, the main flaw i see is that it requires active players to work effectively. Why not turn it into something a bit more like forumbuildr or itembuildr where the time window is longer, this would give more people a chance to play, upping the amount of quality (bumuming that you are more likely to get people playing is also bumuming you are more likely to get _good_ people playing)

Perhaps instead of a five submission cap it should be any more than 3 in a set hour window, or better yet, run multiple games during the course of a day.

One example would be to accept submissions on game 1 between 00:00 and 03:00, then accept submissions on game 2 and voting on game 1 between 03:00 and 06:00, and just continue with that trend. Allow non-submitters to vote too. This would solve a problem where early submissions are more likely to get more votes (somewhat of a problem with the other games).

It’s just an idea, it’s not really perfect, but I think it would help.

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

was Posted:

The problem with INCIT is the same problem with Forumwarz/Flamebate. The user base keeps shrinking. The enjoyment for INCIT comes more from the chat than the game itself.

Teh Cezar Posted:

I used to play INCIT a lot when I joined

Joseph of Suburbia Posted:

I mean, when I first started playing it, I was addicted. I loved every minute of it, and it was almost always active. Now it’s pretty much the most overlooked part of FWZ.

All of this. I played it quite a bit when I first joined – had a lot of fun in the chat – but then when I actually started playing Dom I found that buildr was a much better use of my time for the scoops. Protivation and the heavier restrictions that went with it kinda sucked even more of the fun out of it. I don’t go back because every time I do its tumbleweed city.

Keep it around and give it an incremental peen thingy and/or make it worth two scoops. Oh, and add something like this game here to your stable. http://www.isketch.net/

There happens to be a user named room called ‘Forumwarz’ there right now.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!