Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sup Official Forumwarz Orange(TM) Discussion

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

New interfaces: flaws and wows. Discuss.

I would like to pay money to be able to stretch out my attack bar to 3/4 of my screen instead of 1/4. Please keep me updated on when this exciting goods and/or services becomes available in my area!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I have 3548 messages in my inbox and 3588 in my outbox. I relish the opportunity to not have to clean them up, as I’m already dreading cleaning up tons of .moar files…

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

I’d like to know when the trial ends, and how much it costs.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Drakodan Posted:

I’d like to know when the trial ends, and how much it costs.

ET is still working on functionality and other stuff for Orange, when it is complete, he’s going to evaluate everything and set a price point. Until he’s done, though, we just get to enjoy the cool new stuff. Log in to see images!

Zagreus

Avatar: 113654 2010-01-13 11:46:06 -0500

[BBQF0 Judgement an-
d Rules Committee
]

Level 29 Hacker

Government stooge

Congratulations on now being in the same league as Facebook aps, and tower defense games I never had to shell out money for.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

I, too, would like a heads-up on the trial’s end, so I could copy+paste my Tubmails before the nukingage.

Also: http://forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/764902

Otherwise, it’s nice to have mbum-extractions (and a section for rare .moarz). Not sure if the equipment sub-screens are nice or not, since I haven’t messed with my gear yet. What would really be nice, though, is some group-togethers of .moars in the Sell screen of the Shoppe, perhaps with damage percentages so it’d be easier to dump duplicates. (If something’s already in place, then IGNORE THIS.)

Mazzon

[Too sexy for membe-
rs
]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I don’t know if the equipment submenus come with the orange or if they’re just a new feature, but if they came with the orange I’d like to know if there’s a way to disable them? Me no like.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Mazzon Posted:

I don’t know if the equipment submenus come with the orange or if they’re just a new feature, but if they came with the orange I’d like to know if there’s a way to disable them? Me no like.

No, the equipment menus are not part of Orange.

And during testing, ET said there’s no way to disable them. I suggest you start another thread with your reasons why and see if others join your petition.

megazeroexe

Avatar: 96079 2010-02-05 18:20:27 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

hi this is pcp saying i miss m0x

The new .moar interface and the expandable/resizable bar in forums is pretty nice, can’t lie.

Would I ever PAY for this? **** no. You pay for Expansions, not Patches. I bought/preordered Episode 3, because it’s a whole new expansion pack (basically), I shouldn’t have to pay for a patch that makes it better and more user friendly. Any other game, there’s patches released to fix problems/revise in game systems, and you don’t pay for them because if you bought the game, you should have the fixes/minor updates and upgrades free.

tl;dr: Charging for minor updates that just make the game easier without adding any real new content is milking money from people who actually bought all the Episodes.

Not a troll, btw. Log in to see images!

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

megazeroexe Posted:

The new .moar interface and the expandable/resizable bar in forums is pretty nice, can’t lie.

Would I ever PAY for this? **** no. You pay for Expansions, not Patches. I bought/preordered Episode 3, because it’s a whole new expansion pack (basically), I shouldn’t have to pay for a patch that makes it better and more user friendly. Any other game, there’s patches released to fix problems/revise in game systems, and you don’t pay for them because if you bought the game, you should have the fixes/minor updates and upgrades free.

tl;dr: Charging for minor updates that just make the game easier without adding any real new content is milking money from people who actually bought all the Episodes.

Not a troll, btw. Log in to see images!

I have to say, I agree. We’ve established now that there are a group of users who are willing to pay for both new Episodes, so charging for a patch is a bit unfair.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Umm… Forumwarz Orange isn’t a patch. A patch is designed to fix bugs. You NEED the patch because otherwise the software doesn’t work. ET “patches” the system all the time, at no charge to you.

Forumwarz Orange, on the other hand, is a series of enhancements which are not necessary, but would make your play experience more enjoyable. They’re completely optional. So if you don’t want them, don’t buy them. But don’t be upset that someone’s asking for money for something they spent time developing.

EDIT: The new .moar interface isn’t part of Orange btw.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/20/2010 5:40PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I don’t really think I’ll ever be using the “remove all my abilities from my toolbar” functionality. But the feature I’d like to see in that vein is allowing us to save toolbar configurations. Having an easy swap-out for high-level forums with different sensitivities would be extremely useful.

megazeroexe

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Umm… Forumwarz Orange isn’t a patch. A patch is designed to fix bugs. You NEED the patch because otherwise the software doesn’t work. ET “patches” the system all the time, at no charge to you.

Forumwarz Orange, on the other hand, is a series of enhancements which are not necessary, but would make your play experience more enjoyable. They’re completely optional. So if you don’t want them, don’t buy them. But don’t be upset that someone’s asking for money for something they spent time developing.

EDIT: The new .moar interface isn’t part of Orange btw.

Last time I checked, a lot of software I’ve bought has had patches that add new features and update their codes, not because they were necessarily unstable or broken, just because they’ve found a way to make things more pleasurable for their fan-base/subscribers.

I really don’t care much about Orange, the old way was just fine for me, and although this way works well if not better/makes it easier, I wouldn’t and a lot of other users wouldn’t pay for it. Done with this here, too lazy to argue sensibly.

Just saying though; I do support CZ, I’ve bought about 40 dollars worth of BP throughout the last year and might by some to have a giveaway later, but revisions to a “flawed” system aren’t worth paying for without other material.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

mega, orange is just a user interface upgrade. get over it. dont buy it if you dont want to. youll probably leave after ep3 anyway.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

I don’t really think I’ll ever be using the “remove all my abilities from my toolbar” functionality. But the feature I’d like to see in that vein is allowing us to save toolbar configurations. Having an easy swap-out for high-level forums with different sensitivities would be extremely useful.

I found the remove abilities thing really useful after haxling and buying my upgrades. The toolbar fills up with the less powerful skills you buy first, so I pretty much needed to remove all of them and start over.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I’m not complaining about paying for it cause I have plenty of BP lying around. You all can enjoy being poor.

A couple serious things I’d like to see:

First and the only thing I’d really want for it to be acceptable: Make customizable (or just fixed if that isn’t possible) hotkeys for the rest of the expanded toolbar. I 1-2-1-2, I don’t click-click-click-click, I’ll go ahead and bumume most everyone uses the keyboard as well unless many people say otherwise. We’ve all had discussions on what would be the hotkeys if it were to be expanded. I guess the 30 option set would make it 1 to 0, q to p, and a to ; unless keys further to the right were used.

I’ve heard others wanting to be able to customize what the tabs actually say, so it can be shorter. Isn’t an issue for me, but I’d enjoy renaming the Domination tab “fabulous personry” at the least.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 01/20/2010 8:55PM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’ll have to tell Blizzard they’re doing it wrong then Log in to see images!

megazeroexe

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 44 Hacker

Fran Posted:

I’ll have to tell Blizzard they’re doing it wrong then Log in to see images!

upvoted for making sense Log in to see images!

msg

Avatar: 157703 2011-07-31 00:32:33 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

plk Posted:

I found the remove abilities thing really useful after haxling and buying my upgrades. The toolbar fills up with the less powerful skills you buy first, so I pretty much needed to remove all of them and start over.

I also did this

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!