Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Religion If God doesn't exist..

Moniker

Avatar: 132630 Thu Mar 26 18:33:33 -0400 2009

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

-MLF- Posted:

In 5,000 years people will look back and say “We didn’t have modern science 5,000 years ago.”

You’re right; I realized what I had said after posting. It would be correct to say, “We didn’t have science at all 5,000 years ago.”

Moniker edited this message on 09/04/2009 6:34PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

man-man Posted:

I dunno… you could put some energy into improving your spelling.

LOL I keep doing that, dammit!

Moniker Posted:

We didn’t have modern science 5,000 years ago.

EDIT: Or science at all, for that matter. We did have theology, though.

That sounds like an argument for theology.

And we won’t have modern science 5,000 years from now, I believe we’ll have future science, will will prove some things we believe and disprove others.

The key point now, to me, is that the onus is now on you. Because you are trying to convince me that your theories are correct, but I am not trying to prove to you that mine are correct.

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

man-man Posted:

...he meant he wasn’t trying to convince you, and wasn’t examining the situation from a logic-driven scientific standpoint.

If that’s the case, then there’s nothing to talk about. I use logic and science since they produce results.

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

MC Banhammer Posted:

That sounds like an argument for theology.

How so?

MC Banhammer Posted:

...you are trying to convince me that your theories are correct, but I am not trying to prove to you that mine are correct.

Of what am I trying to convince you? I’m just asking questions like, “Why do you believe that?”

You’re not answering.

EDIT: We didn’t have plumbing 5,000 years ago, but we did have latrines. Sounds like an argument for latrines.

Moniker edited this message on 09/04/2009 6:38PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Moniker Posted:

I don’t need to prove anything, Shii. You do. You make a positive claim for the existence of god, and you have to support it with evidence. If there is no evidence, then it is silly for you to believe, and even more ridiculous for you to try to convince me to believe.

Can you read?

Just curious, because every post you make in reply to me seems to argue against your literacy.

I don’t need to prove anything to you, because you’re not interested in religion, and I’m not interested in you trashing my beliefs.

Why do you care if I believe something silly? It helps my life, keeps me humble, and gives me hope.

Is it because you are so devoid of any sort of hope or meaning for your own life that you can’t rest, can gain no respite until you see every other person around you dragged down into your own miserable depths?

Because it sounds an awful lot like that. And I’m really pretty darn happy being silly.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I want to see moniker and shii go at it live on msn Log in to see images!

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

Can you read? ...argue against your literacy. ...you’re not interested in religion…

If you can’t carry a debate, then check out and leave it to the adults.

Shii Posted:

...keeps me humble…

Apparently not, Shii.

Shii Posted:

Is it because you are so devoid of any sort of hope or meaning for your own life that you can’t rest, can gain no respite until you see every other person around you dragged down into your own miserable depths?

You just ended our conversation. If you can’t come up with reasoned arguments then you’ve got no place in this thread.

Moniker edited this message on 09/04/2009 6:45PM

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fingerz Posted:

I want to see moniker and shii go at it live on msn Log in to see images!

I’d be happy to debate Shii, but I won’t tolerate petty name-calling.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Moniker Posted:

You just ended our conversation. If you can’t come up with reasoned arguments then you’ve got no place in this thread.

Shut up Moniker, all you’ve done is insult and trash people throughout this whole thread. There is no onus on believers to prove to you that they’re correct unless they’re trying to convert you. I don’t see anywhere in this thread where that is the case, so kindly hop down from your pedestal.

You can pretend you’re the “mature” one in this conversation and call yourself the “adult” here, but it’s easy to do that when you just mask all your own insults in a cloud of supposed “truth.”

You yourself admitted there were several issues you genuinely didn’t know the answer too, but you presumed the answer due to the science that had answered other issues in the past.

I.E. you can have faith in your science to govern your life, and I’ll keep faith in my God.

I also don’t seem to recall when righteous indignation canceled out humility. Sorry for not meekly swallowing any sort of defense against the ridiculously egotistical bull**** you post every time.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Moniker Posted:

I’d be happy to debate Shii, but I won’t tolerate petty name-calling.

You’ve been calling believers petty names throughout the entire thread. It’s only wrong when people start doing it back to you.

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

Shut up Moniker [...] There is no onus on believers to prove to you that they’re correct unless they’re trying to convert you.

You’re Christian, aren’t you? I Peter 3:15.

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

You’ve been calling believers petty names throughout the entire thread.

Quote me.

Moniker edited this message on 09/04/2009 6:56PM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Moniker Posted:

You’re Christian, aren’t you? I Peter 3:15.

I’m aware of the great commission, but if you recall, the Bible also states that you should not give pearls to swine, or give what is precious to dogs.

The meaning behind that statement is that trying to reach out to someone openly hostile to the Word of God will just result in the insult and disrespect of His Word, and it’s not worth it.

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

I’m aware of the great commission, but if you recall, the Bible also states that you should not give pearls to swine, or give what is precious to dogs.

The meaning behind that statement is that trying to reach out to someone openly hostile to the Word of God will just result in the insult and disrespect of His Word, and it’s not worth it.

Okay, you win. You’ve convinced me.

EDIT: Now that Shii’s finished, would anyone else like to continue the actual conversation?

Moniker edited this message on 09/04/2009 7:02PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

What do you have against swine? He’s not even here to speak for himself.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Moniker Posted:

Okay, you win. You’ve convinced me.

*sighs*

If you actually want to debate the issue civilly, discuss it with man-man. He and I have had a very polite, very informative discussion on the topic for the last two days now via Tubmail.

I’m going to quit posting on this thread now because a debate in which neither party is willing to accept or respect the opposing viewpoint is a waste of time and energy.

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

I’m going to quit posting on this thread now because a debate in which neither party is willing to accept or respect the opposing viewpoint is a waste of time and energy.

This thread was fine until you resorted to emotion and rhetoric. You’re not equipped to have this discussion. I’m sorry, Shii. I really am. I want to have this conversation in a respectful manner, but you just want me to shut up. Par for the course, I’m afraid.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Moniker Posted:

This thread was fine until you resorted to emotion and rhetoric. You’re not equipped to have this discussion. I’m sorry, Shii. I really am. I want to have this conversation in a respectful manner, but you just want me to shut up. Par for the course, I’m afraid.

I only told you to shut up because you’re being insufferably egotistical. If you’re so secure in your own beliefs, why bother discussing in this thread? There’s certainly nothing to gain if you “convert” a believer to your side. You won’t get any virgins, only the knowledge that you successfully destroyed someone’s upbringing and way of life.

Again, please talk to man-man if you’d like tips on how to carry on with a respectful, intelligent debate.

Pro-Tip: A good way to start is not begin by calling your opponents silly, ridiculous, and absurd.

Shii edited this message on 09/04/2009 7:13PM

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Seriously Shii get on msn or something. I wanna watch this.

Moniker

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Shii Posted:

If you’re so secure in your own beliefs, why bother discussing in this thread?

Because that’s what the thread is for, Shii.

Shii Posted:

There’s certainly nothing to gain if you “convert” a believer to your side. You won’t get any virgins, only the knowledge that you successfully destroyed someone’s upbringing and way of life.

I’ll get virgins, don’t worry. Just not in the afterlife.

Shii Posted:

Pro-Tip: A good way to start is not begin by calling your opponents silly and ridiculous.

I didn’t call anyone silly or ridiculous. I was referring to the things they said. You, however, have called me a number of names, and that sort of thing has no place in this part of Flamebate. I’m sorry to say this, but you need to grow up.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!