Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Should mods be allowed to ban for RP posts which they feel negatively impact the community?

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Inconnu Posted:

You lost your chance. You didn’t become mods. Now please stay calm and pay respect to those, who weren’t afraid to spend hours on doing their job. Trust their decisions and obey them. You have no choice.

Is it difficult posting all the way from 1984? Like PhineasPoe said, respect is earned, we owe them nothing just because they are mods. And if we don’t like what they do it is our duty to say otherwise. Blindly following mod decisions is no way to go about improving things. It is very much our choice, this is OUR game, not the mods game. You should not have to be a mod to voice your opinion, and I, along with many others here, would detest being a mod anyway. But that doesn’t give you the right to take away the ability for our voices to be heard.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

And sorry if that sounded really insulting, it’s nothing personal against you.

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

Likewise. I probably could have said what I meant in a nicer way. Sorry. Also, I’m sorry for helping derail this thread.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

I do like and respect the opinion of most of the mods here. And I’m p sure they know who they are. Anyway, the decision is also up to them if they want to take on the extra responsibility. So ultimately it is up to us all the place we want forumwarz to become.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MC Banhammer Posted:

I wholeheartedly support this, because I’m comfortable with knowing that I wouldn’t be banning people for any personal reason. I’d do it for things which I think annoy the community, and only after warning. But I’d like to hear what you think about it.

In theory it is fine. In reality, it worries me terribly. Log in to see images!

Tubs banned Kaiser (and then apparently sancdar just for the hell of it), but not Nailbomb or Fingerz. People are already dictating that spam by certain people is fine (switty springs to mind), while from others it is just annoying.

I’ve been in far too many conversations where is has been made really clear that certain mods and admins specifically want to make sure people are punished because the person annoys and/or male reproductive organs with the mod/admin.

I don’t know. The mods were so completely divided on how to rule on shock vs nsfw that ET eliminated the problem by allowing shock. I find it really hard to believe that if the mods can’t come to a consensus on bummilk, that they will behave with any sort of higher standard when their actions have a no measuring stick.

Is there any reason why when we’re talking about banning someone for something so subjective as “they are annoying everyone” that a day or two cannot be taken to have it discussed and have a warning system enacted?

“Hey, you might be rp-ing as a troll who spams Kaiser, but it is being seen as actual spam. Choose a different rp because if it continues you will be banned.”

Is this “subject to mod discretion” thing going to apply only to spamming posts?

Does any of it matter on any level if someone can come along and post the pain series in the middle of a “PONEIS!” type thread?

Maybe MCB’s thought on conceding the majority of the rp side to the **** posters and create an in character rp forum is actually the best idea.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I’m going to vote ‘no’, nthing the concern that two people could do the exact same thing and only one would be banned for it, because the other has been here longer/knows how to sweet-talk a mod/has big mammary glands etc.

vvv Though I would say ‘yes’ if it was done like this.

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

The mods would never ban someone for making a single dumb or annoying post. They would never ban someone for being unfunny. This situation only comes into play for people who are deliberately disrupting the community, and doing it often enough to be noticed by the mods. They aren’t going to be combing through every thread and going “that person wasn’t funny BAN. I don’t like your klan BAN.” They’re going to be looking for people ****ting all over potentially good threads, necro-bumping two pages worth of bad threads, and stuff like that.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I’m totally against this.

The rules exist for a reason don’t they?

If you think something is a bannable offense you better consider adding it to the rules instead of banning straightaway.

quangntenemy edited this message on 07/10/2009 11:13PM

Imski

Avatar: 188518 Sat Jul 11 10:11:41 -0400 2009

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

this is like opening up another CD

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

no mods no masters

Nailbomb

Avatar: 136542 Sun Apr 12 01:12:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

the guy that rolled around in **** the most

iIRZ Posted:

no mods no masters

Opinions are like bumholes i hear. that said i’ll try to stay constructive.

I’m pretty sure most if not all the people i find mildly funny have been banned for thier art.

Funny is taken from a individual perspective. That said i like to see real feeling there. Your all bumhurt about having to scroll back a page? how hard is it to find the last threads without my name as the last poster?

what keeps me from being the last poster in a active thread? the fact that it could get stickied for seemingly no reason. Why do you think i started necroing? Every action has a reaction.

I’m not so attached to the idea of spamming images, ban repeated images or repeated posts, i’ll gladly sit here for a hour going through ancient threads and making ****ty reponses to others just to get a idiot or 2 to fall for it and start the thread again. Thats where i get the LULz.

I will continue to adapt to your rules. Your only changing the context of the game.

that and making the mods power greater and allowing subjective use of it, that won’t help any of you any more than it will hurt me.

Nailbomb

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

“Abuse our relaxed rules to annoy others!

Test your Patience and Endurance!”

what does it mean to you?

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Nailbomb Posted:

”Abuse our relaxed rules to annoy others!

It means that people shouldn’t be getting all ****y over what is posted there.

Skyman747 edited this message on 07/11/2009 12:57AM

Nailbomb

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

Skyman747 Posted:

It means that people shouldn’t be getting all ****y over what is posted there.

Patience and endurance and this is what you come foward with?

Nailbomb was banned for this post by spacekadt

Nailbomb edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Inconnu Posted:

You, guys, are getting p much ridiculous on the subject. Is this some kind of euthanasia protocol or what?

Mods are chosen to do their job. It is their job to pick posts which break the laws of this website and punish their OPs. Your obligation is to follow the rules and respect mods, who embody it. This is internet for chrissake, this is not United States or any other place, where you can hire over 9000 lawyers, give endless media coverages, hold public protest meetings and chew on some law issue for years like they did with OJ. This is internet, where law is enforced quickly and easily. Live with it.

Also, it’s not your right to discuss or criticize mods. Just a reminder: you lived the whole year with MCB and Tubs being the only active mods and everyone was happy. Then they did this recruitment thingy. And now please tell me, gentlemen, why didn’t you apply for mod? Now, really. You are so smart, you have your own brand-new innovative ideas, how Flamebate should operate, you are able to discuss it for years. But when it comes to actually doing something, you go like “Hmmmm, I dunno, maybe mod job isn’t that much fun after all. I’ll have to dig in those endless bad threads every day and won’t have time to play dom/incit/buildr/whatever”.

You lost your chance. You didn’t become mods. Now please stay calm and pay respect to those, who weren’t afraid to spend hours on doing their job. Trust their decisions and obey them. You have no choice.

TL;DR: Stop complaining, please.

I think this is an elaborate troll post, but in case it isn’t I invite you to blindly follow whatever the mods decide and not have any hand in shaping the community you have allowed them to be ambbumadors for. People who think like this are really no loss if they don’t see the need to speak up for what they want.

Gothic Lolita

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 18 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

Inconnu Posted:

Also, it’s not your right to discuss or criticize mods. Just a reminder: you lived the whole year with MCB and Tubs being the only active mods and everyone was happy. Then they did this recruitment thingy. And now please tell me, gentlemen, why didn’t you apply for mod? Now, really. You are so smart, you have your own brand-new innovative ideas, how Flamebate should operate, you are able to discuss it for years. But when it comes to actually doing something, you go like “Hmmmm, I dunno, maybe mod job isn’t that much fun after all. I’ll have to dig in those endless bad threads every day and won’t have time to play dom/incit/buildr/whatever”.

I was unaware that CZ took everybody that applied as a mod. Clearly with those standards we should have no problem keeping law and order in quality forums!

oh **** altfail, whatever.

Gothic Lolita edited this message on 07/11/2009 1:13AM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Nailbomb Posted:

”Abuse our relaxed rules to annoy others!

It means “this is a community I had a direct hand in shaping and I’ll be damned if your lazy efforts to **** people off go forward without contesting”. You claim to be “adapting” to the rules laid forth, but really you’re playing about 12 months behind and with a strategy that should have been squashed long ago. To allude back to Innconuu’s post, it’s a damn good thing for a lot of you that I didn’t apply to be a mod, because **** gimmicks like yours would have been obliterated long ago had I put forth the effort. Consider this my formal apology for not trying to make the community better when I had the chance.

Nailbomb

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

It means “this is a community I had a direct hand in shaping and I’ll be damned if your lazy efforts to **** people off go forward without contesting”. You claim to be “adapting” to the rules laid forth, but really you’re playing about 12 months behind and with a strategy that should have been squashed long ago. To allude back to Innconuu’s post, it’s a damn good thing for a lot of you that I didn’t apply to be a mod, because **** gimmicks like yours would have been obliterated long ago had I put forth the effort. Consider this my formal apology for not trying to make the community better when I had the chance.

Very constructive, thank you.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

nailbomb:

i dont see why you have to take that as a personal challenge to make the rp forums completely un-fun

so congratulations on being the most persistent and probably most successful troll in recent history here.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/11/2009 1:20AM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

Nailbomb Posted:

Very constructive, thank you.

Sorry, I’ll post 13 ****ty pictures next time in this and the two pages of threads around it.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

i dont see why you have to take that as a personal challenge to make the rp forums completely un-fun

so congratulations on being the most persistent and probably most successful troll in recent history here.

It’s like being crowned “the guy that rolled around in **** the most”. Yeah, he successfully kept everyone away from where he was, but not because they were put off by what he was doing. They just realized that anywhere he was smelled like **** and kept away from it. Literally anyone could do this. Most of us just realized that it takes a tremendous amount of effort for absolutely no reward.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!