Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MC Banhammer Posted:

I wholeheartedly support this, because I’m comfortable with knowing that I wouldn’t be banning people for any personal reason. I’d do it for things which I think annoy the community, and only after warning. But I’d like to hear what you think about it.

In theory it is fine. In reality, it worries me terribly. Log in to see images!

Tubs banned Kaiser (and then apparently sancdar just for the hell of it), but not Nailbomb or Fingerz. People are already dictating that spam by certain people is fine (switty springs to mind), while from others it is just annoying.

I’ve been in far too many conversations where is has been made really clear that certain mods and admins specifically want to make sure people are punished because the person annoys and/or male reproductive organs with the mod/admin.

I don’t know. The mods were so completely divided on how to rule on shock vs nsfw that ET eliminated the problem by allowing shock. I find it really hard to believe that if the mods can’t come to a consensus on bummilk, that they will behave with any sort of higher standard when their actions have a no measuring stick.

Is there any reason why when we’re talking about banning someone for something so subjective as “they are annoying everyone” that a day or two cannot be taken to have it discussed and have a warning system enacted?

“Hey, you might be rp-ing as a troll who spams Kaiser, but it is being seen as actual spam. Choose a different rp because if it continues you will be banned.”

Is this “subject to mod discretion” thing going to apply only to spamming posts?

Does any of it matter on any level if someone can come along and post the pain series in the middle of a “PONEIS!” type thread?

Maybe MCB’s thought on conceding the majority of the rp side to the **** posters and create an in character rp forum is actually the best idea.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!