Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Should mods be allowed to ban for RP posts which they feel negatively impact the community?

Nailbomb

Avatar: 136542 Sun Apr 12 01:12:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

the guy that rolled around in **** the most

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

nailbomb:

i dont see why you have to take that as a personal challenge to make the rp forums completely un-fun

so congratulations on being the most persistent and probably most successful troll in recent history here.

Its not just the RP forums i crap on people in DOM too.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Nailbomb Posted:

Its not just the RP forums i crap on people in DOM too.

Domination is avoidable and you aren’t forced to see your **** unless you are in a bracket with you.

there’s only one RP active topics list

Nailbomb

Avatar: 136542 Sun Apr 12 01:12:37 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 69 Troll

the guy that rolled around in **** the most

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Domination is avoidable and you aren’t forced to see your **** unless you are in a bracket with you.

there’s only one RP active topics list

thats valid. So your suggesting we make it into a popularity contest decided by you and maybe one other person?

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Inconnu Posted:

Currently players do voice their complaints, but I don’t see Flamebate getting better, whereas the opposite approach hasn’t yet been tested. The less people spend their typing skills on whining, the more quality and funny heron threads we have.

Thanks for the subtle reference. I’m a Permanoob who is afraid of herons. I made a thread about herons and I laughed at what happened there. I made other 2 post about herons in active threads where it was semi-relevant. I didn’t spam the last 2 pages of 2007 threads with herons, I didn’t interrump other people in what they were doing.

If you didn’t like the heron thread you just avoided it. It’s really annoying to have ALL the active topics be 2007 threads with nothing new added to them.

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Necrosniping is fun.

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Whatever is the choice half of the users will be upset and the other half will rejoice.

A poll was made, votes have been cast.

People have their own opinions and some will just have to put up with being bumhurt.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Nailbomb Posted:

”Abuse our relaxed rules to annoy others!

Test your Patience and Endurance!”

what does it mean to you?

the words sarcastic and cynical come to mind

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

So someone reminded me about this:

rules Posted:

It is at the discretion of any moderator/administrator to ban a user temporarily or permanently. Don’t make them want to.

the rule in question ITT already exists. not in the extent or context this initiative is pushing for, but it is there as a backbone for us saying “what you’re doing is bull****, i would like you to take a break and cool off.”

mods have been fairly lax in exercising this divine priviledge and i for one have pretty much forgotten about it and become afraid to use it.

basically what i figure will happen no matter is that flamebate bans will be implemented and that’ll at least give me the excuse to throw bans at the one or two morons who pop up every so often and deserve to be booted off the forums for short then progressively longer cooldowns.

as it’s been stated before, that sort of discriminatory ban wouldn’t happen on a regular basis.

If discriminatory bans are such a huge deal, how come noone caught on and was outraged that I banned Sancdar for two days without breaking any rules for this thread in RP last week?

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/11/2009 3:13AM

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

If discriminatory bans are such a huge deal, how come noone caught on and was outraged that I banned Sancdar for two days without breaking any rules for this thread in RP last week?

I thought it was both of you trolling us. And I did post once or twice “unban sanc”.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

the rule in question ITT already exists. not in the extent or context this initiative is pushing for, but it is there as a backbone for us saying “what you’re doing is bull****, i would like you to take a break and cool off.”

mods have been fairly lax in exercising this divine priviledge and i for one have pretty much forgotten about it and become afraid to use it.

basically what i figure will happen no matter is that flamebate bans will be implemented and that’ll at least give me the excuse to throw bans at the one or two morons who pop up every so often and deserve to be booted off the forums for short then progressively longer cooldowns.

as it’s been stated before, that sort of discriminatory ban wouldn’t happen on a regular basis.

I don’t want to risk a ban for emptyquoting in CD, but I really can’t extrapolate on this further. Tubs is absolutely right, the mods just need the server-side corrections to make this idea work. I know it’s not top priority, but can we get this fasttracked please?

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

ChilePepino Posted:

I thought it was both of you trolling us. And I did post once or twice “unban sanc”.

fair enough but you see my point? it’s not a huge deal

especially when there’ll be the option to just turn off their flamebate only

ChilePepino

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

fair enough but you see my point? it’s not a huge deal

especially when there’ll be the option to just turn off their flamebate only

Also I don’t think Sancdar cared that much because he rarely posts.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

ChilePepino Posted:

Also I don’t think Sancdar cared that much because he rarely posts.

the person banned can’t make much of a stink on forumwarz can they… they are banned after all Log in to see images!

i get what you’re saying though. not a great example but an example none the less

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

aka, don’t use flamebate or you will be banned.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Skyman747 Posted:

Only if you’re unfunny and annoying to the point of distraction. Nowhere does it say we have to be welcoming/tolerant to ****ty posters.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Skyman747 Posted:

How are you not getting it?

If i were to go around banning everyone for one off **** posts i would be demodded.

the point is that the ultraminority who go out of their way to crap on the community are going to be given bans to remind them to cool off and cut it out.

i’m actually dumbfounded because this entire thread has been saying that exact thing.

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Only if you’re unfunny and annoying to the point of distraction. Nowhere does it say we have to be welcoming/tolerant to ****ty posters.

I wouldn’t say ****ty posters. lots of people here are ****ty but they don’t flood the forums making them unuseable with garbage. it’s the extremely small minority who spam to the point of absurdity who aren’t welcome

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/11/2009 4:24PM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

As to the title.

No.

twas

Level 35 Troll

I just want to add after reading Tubsweetie’s above post.

I might be able to consider supporting this if only one mod had this privilege.

I can not trust this freedom with all the moderators.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

was Posted:

I just want to add after reading Tubsweetie’s above post.

I might be able to consider supporting this if only one mod had this privilege.

I can not trust this freedom with all the moderators.

Can I ask why? The rule has been around for as long as I’ve been here (joined, not modded). It very, very rarely gets used and even then it’s generally only used when there’s some consensus or the extremely senior mod (and the one it should be limited to, bumuming limiting is even a good idea) decides it’s worth it.

twas

Level 35 Troll

I take that back. The community should work to get rid of the undesirables.

I can’t see how giving you guys more power will be beneficial.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!