Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface About purchasing multiple cards

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I don’t like writing for too long so I’ll make this very short.

Buying multiple cards can be very tedious especially if you have to trade in over 100 scoops.

In this page:

Instead of limiting to 4 scoops per trade make it so you can trade in as many as you want as long as its a multiple of 4.

Secondly, in the next page, instead of selecting 1 of 3 cards, show something like this:

Except change some words and obviously have all the cards names up there.

Thirdly, similar interface when using a card, because when using 20 thieves on a target its really tedious to pick their name from a list, choose, scoop flava, confirm, and so on for 20 times.

Implement this please

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Cards would become even more powerful if you got to select a bunch at the same time.

But I agree it’s tedious. Perhaps you cash in all your scoops at once, and then the card selection screen just pops up as many times as appropriate, in sequence, without bumping you out?

As to targetting the same player with multiple attacks, I’d just as soon leave that as is, to slow people down a bit in the final few minutes of the round.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

I don’t think it will be more powerful because the underlying mechanics is still the same. The number of cards available for you to pick will be randomised as if you had went through a sequence of choosing 1 out of 3 random cards, except now all the cards are pooled together in one convenient page and you can pick a third of them.

It just saves time I think. That destruction medal is still coming right? This could help imo.

Btw another thing I forgot to mention is sometimes I mistakenly double click on the “Give me my domination card” bumon (in the spirit of clicking as fast as I could to card down as fast as I can), so I lose double the scoops Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Inertia Posted:

I don’t think it will be more powerful because the underlying mechanics is still the same.

If the thing worked the way you suggest, I would have won several medals that I lost due to not being able to use all my cards on the last moment (mostly because of lag).

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Inertia Posted:

I don’t think it will be more powerful because the underlying mechanics is still the same. The number of cards available for you to pick will be randomised as if you had went through a sequence of choosing 1 out of 3 random cards, except now all the cards are pooled together in one convenient page and you can pick a third of them.

There’s a big difference IMO between getting 1 of 3 cards, then 1 of 3 cards, then 1 of 3 cards, and getting to choose 3 of 9. With the latter, you can tailor your strategy more:

With the former, you may start thinking “I’ll get such-and-such because it’ll help me go for x”, then get screwed when you don’t get any more such-and-such’s in the next 2 picks.

When you get to see that you’d only have 1 such-and-such to choose from, your strategy could shift drastically. Hence, more powerful.

Choosing 30 cards at a time, you could focus on getting scoops for yourself or destroying scoops from someone else much more easily than if you have to choose 1 of 3 30 times.

If you still don’t understand my point, maybe someone else could explain it in much less tl;dr. I’m tired and having trouble consolidating my thoughts Log in to see images!

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

MC Banhammer Posted:

As to targetting the same player with multiple attacks, I’d just as soon leave that as is, to slow people down a bit in the final few minutes of the round.

This is a terrible reason to leave this the way it is. It just rewards fast internet connections, and further, you aren’t playing against others, just the ****ty interface.

Though really, if you think the current interface can stop someone from firing off all their attacks at once, lemme know the next week we’re in the same bracket together. I have something to show you. Log in to see images!

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

MCB got the point. It’s ok to have an interface option to invest multiple scoops at once, but you still have to pick cards 1 by 1 (to maintain the element of surprise). And of course players shouldn’t be able to fire multiple destro at once.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Could you imagine though how absurdly random the game would become if people could fire off 20 bumholes in tandem? Especially in more destructive brackets there would be no time to react when 5 players play 50 cards in 10 seconds, at which point either you hope that you were in third place and everyone above you was knocked below you or you have a faster connection with better timing to get those last visits in those last minutes.

I say we don’t make the servers explode with 15 requests sent out per person in the span of a few seconds.

Buying them on the other hand, MCB is right. having them all show up at once kinda kills the randomness and brings advantage to mbum purchases, but to have the option of spending x scoops and going faster through the purchase screens would be nice.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

MCB is correct, the advantage of knowing if it is smart to choose a particular path of play is huge. It is not epic when choosing 3 cards, it becomes ridiculous when choosing 30 at the same time.

You can play a lot of cards at once right now if you record the card numbers as you purchase them and then manually put the card number into the url slot. You can set up each card, selecting your target and scoop to attack if necessary, in a different tab and just click them one after another during the last 2 minutes. It is a pain in the bum, but I know many of the long time Dom players do it. PDB and Arktor did it religiously.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I did too, and that was when card counts weren’t limited. I know I’d have well over a hundred tabs open with only three alts, I can only imagine what PDB and Arktor were doing.

It’s ****ty to have the interface limit what you can do, but it’s even ****tier when not everybody has to work within those limits.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

Yes to being able to put up multiple scoops at once. I don’t mind purchasing the cards individually, just as long as I don’t have to choose scoops every time.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

scully Posted:

Pro Tips

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Thanks for that one Scully, that’s quite helpful for chumps like me Log in to see images!

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Sarcasm Inc Posted:

Yes to being able to put up multiple scoops at once. I don’t mind purchasing the cards individually, just as long as I don’t have to choose scoops every time.

I’d also kind of like to be able to “trade 4” for simplicity, next to the usual trade.

Overall, I concur, choosing one at a time is inherently different from choosing a third of all options. If nothing else, there are occasions when you’re presented with 3 cards that aren’t immediately useful and have to choose the least worst, and occasions where you would gladly take two of the three options presented, but have to pick one. Batch listing removes those aspects, making a very different game.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

scully Posted:

MCB is correct, the advantage of knowing if it is smart to choose a particular path of play is huge. It is not epic when choosing 3 cards, it becomes ridiculous when choosing 30 at the same time.

You can play a lot of cards at once right now if you record the card numbers as you purchase them and then manually put the card number into the url slot. You can set up each card, selecting your target and scoop to attack if necessary, in a different tab and just click them one after another during the last 2 minutes. It is a pain in the bum, but I know many of the long time Dom players do it. PDB and Arktor did it religiously.

Yeh, I did that several times too, back when lag was p bad.

I agree with MCB, that would unfairly skew things. And also, the interface is necessary. I want some time to react when spacekadt is plowing me with 75 cards in a row, whether to spend my scoops on buying cards of my own or whatever.

We don’t need more speed to play cards. Without the lag anymore it’s fine the way it is. Let someone play them all at once and it gets unfair really quickly.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

No i found the problem I overlooked but I think that’s not what you’re all describing. Choosing 1 of 3 three times is different from choosing 3 out of 9 once if possible sample size is larger than 3. I mean if you were presented with 3 cards, say, bumhole, MI and Switch, then in the next 2 draws you get Destroyer, Shotgun and thief, you can’t pick bumhole, MI and Switch from the lot, only one of them.

Yeah it’s not the same…

But is there any reason beside “to slow down attack rate during dom end” why attack cards beside bumhole can’t be stacked and released together?

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I dunno. Have a blank box space next to your scoops so you can put in the number of scoops you want to trade in. If it’s not a multiple of four either use a pop up error message or just show the remainder at the end of the card selection results. Then press”trade”.

As for choosing the cards… just eliminate that entriely for this method. Have it pick the cards at random (not likely they will all be the same). My reasoning is, if they really want to pick their choice of cards instead of letting the computer choose automatically, let them do it the manual (long) way.

Elstar

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

it will really speed up things, especially with fwz db server, when bulk scoops buying will be implemented. and all cards should be random generated at once.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

Card wise, the current method is fine.

The amount of effect an action in domination should be proportional to resources as well as time put in.

Making things OMG EASIER for everybody will lead to a horrendous balance of the playing field. No that is not a typo. As we have learned from previous actions on the domination game, too much balance can be a bad thing.

Elstar

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

based on mbumive lag at previous dom end… we must find a way to optimize all that scoop things.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

How bad was that? I was actually working that night, but ive heard many stories told about it.

Was it as bad as the lag before the server change?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!