Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Klan Raiding - completely reimagined

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

plk Posted:

Huh, I wasn’t aware that Brainfreeze = “everybody else,” but now that I know it is, I’ll just keep that in mind. I also had no idea that MercWithMouth even played the game or had anything to do with domination.

Again, I simply don’t see the point to Scully’s suggestion here. If there isn’t time for anyone on CZ to devote to fixing domination, how is there time to create some new side game with vague/nonexistent klan rewards?

I’m not quite sure why you need to bring Brainfreeze into this at all, but personally I don’t really like the idea in the OP. Granted 3 scoops has shown to be too many, and 1 too few. But it sounded to me like the OP suggests we either go for our klan goal or participate in domination. I’d like to do both without having to give up the other?

Wylin edited this message on 04/29/2009 8:17PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Wylin Posted:

I’m not quite sure why you need to bring Brainfreeze into this at all, but personally I don’t really like the idea in the OP. Granted 3 scoops has shown to be too many, and 1 too few. But it sounded to me like the OP suggests we either go for our klan goal or participate in domination. I’d like to do both without having to give up the other?

I didn’t bring Brainfreeze into it; Scully and Sancdar did that already. I was simply responding to Sancdar’s claim that “everybody else” gets bumhurt about the people in our klan. As far as I know, it’s just you guys. We work with plenty of other people who aren’t in your klan.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

plk Posted:

I didn’t bring Brainfreeze into it; Scully and Sancdar did that already. I was simply responding to Sancdar’s claim that “everybody else” gets bumhurt about the people in our klan. As far as I know, it’s just you guys. We work with plenty of other people who aren’t in your klan.

No, they didn’t. Brainfreeze as a whole has no issue with your *klan*. A few people have issues with a few other people.

Your recent additions? Particularly Merc and Context? They’re two of the most bumhurt inducing players in fwz… hving nothing to do with Brainfreeze. I know you don’t like me/us, but when Ricket’s response to a jaw drop when someone questioned Merc’s addition is “he causes a lot of bumhurt, what better reason” it kinda nullifies your maligning.

Now, can we get back to the subject at hand and stop attacking each other over stupid ****? (I say this to everyone…Log in to see images!

As far as the posts I’ve seen about it interfering with actually playing dom, I might be one of the few, but I’d totally leech with a system like this. It would give me something to do with my alts again since I’m too damned lazy to actually attempt to medal on multiple alts. Too monotonous.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

spacekadt Posted:

No, they didn’t. Brainfreeze as a whole has no issue with your *klan*. A few people have issues with a few other people.

Your recent additions? Particularly Merc and Context? They’re two of the most bumhurt inducing players in fwz… hving nothing to do with Brainfreeze. I know you don’t like me/us, but when Ricket’s response to a jaw drop when someone questioned Merc’s addition is “he causes a lot of bumhurt, what better reason” it kinda nullifies your maligning.

Now, can we get back to the subject at hand and stop attacking each other over stupid ****? (I say this to everyone…Log in to see images!

Oh, really? Then just for the sake of clarification, why did you previously say that you had issues with our klan rather than specific players? I guess I’m just not sure which story you’re going with anymore. http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/506218

Also, when Ricket is obviously joking and bull****ting you, maybe you shouldn’t take him so seriously.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

plk Posted:

Oh, really? Then just for the sake of clarification, why did you previously say that you had issues with our klan rather than specific players? I guess I’m just not sure which story you’re going with anymore. http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/506218

Also, when Ricket is obviously joking and bull****ting you, maybe you shouldn’t take him so seriously.

You’re not gonna let this thread get back on track, are you?

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

CoreyJess Posted:

Well, I’ll try. I like the cherry idea, but unless there’s some actual talk that it might happen, I don’t feel there’s a lot of need to discuss the specifics. Chocolate – there may be a need for some kind of cap, but I don’t think the levels I’ve seen have been a problem. I think Sancdar’s idea has some merit – just set the bar pretty high. Man, we have to come up with something for Anti-freeze, it’s totally ridiculous right now. Getting new cards seems the best way to balance them, though I still think 3 for shotgun, 2 for destroyer and 1 for thief has merit. (Or maybe 4-3-2?)

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

CoreyJess Posted:

way to keep it off track. but anyways…

new types of scoops and more klan based things might work if done correctly… but its going to be alot of work

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Shii Posted:

And also, after a certain while, the effectiveness of multiple submissions goes down anyway. You can’t honestly think that my last 10 submissions are going to be as funny/good as my first 10, right?

Do you think it’s fair that you have 20 tries for scoops and I only have 6 in Itembuildr? I’d think fair would just be if everyone got the same number of submissions, and the people that have the best entries get the most scoops from the same amount of tries.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Wylin Posted:

Do you think it’s fair that you have 20 tries for scoops and I only have 6 in Itembuildr? I’d think fair would just be if everyone got the same number of submissions, and the people that have the best entries get the most scoops from the same amount of tries.

Do you think it’s fair that my half-year of hard work and time spent writing content for this game should be totally un-rewarded just because other players aren’t willing to expel the same effort for the rewards it brings?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

scully Posted:

Please see the above. Also, you should possibly not just recruit any warm body if you would like a competitive raiding group. It is entirely possible to successfully solo, pistachio and speed within a raid. Please note that I mentioned that alts are allowed. There would be nothing keeping people from using alt visits to fill in raid holes.

EDIT: Actually, you can recruit any warm body. I have not found anyone who could not learn to raid if they showed up. Some were clearly much better at it than others, but there is a need for all sorts. Those who cannot maintain solo or pistachio within a raid setting are also unlikely to be very good at it solo. Why wouldn’t it be fun for them to have a thing to do as a klan?

I’m not really sure, but I see more sacrifice than actually benefit from joining a klan raid. So far klan raids are supposed to bring mutual benefit, and I don’t think it will work without it, especially with the limit of 4 forum visits per day. If we do it this way, it’ll be the game of people with an army of alts and a lot of time to waste.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Shii Posted:

Do you think it’s fair that my half-year of hard work and time spent writing content for this game should be totally un-rewarded just because other players aren’t willing to expel the same effort for the rewards it brings?

Wait, I’m not trying to take back your scoops or the parts of the game that are in the game because you submitted them. I’m just thinking that if you can submit 20 entries and a newbie can’t, that sounds just as unfair as when you went solo while others with klans raided and got more scoops due to the klan raid. We want everything fair for everyone right?

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Wylin Posted:

Wait, I’m not trying to take back your scoops or the parts of the game that are in the game because you submitted them. I’m just thinking that if you can submit 20 entries and a newbie can’t, that sounds just as unfair as when you went solo while others with klans raided and got more scoops due to the klan raid. We want everything fair for everyone right?

Except the thing is, I started with 7 submissions just like everyone else; there were people with 40+ Buildr score then too.

The fact is that talented writers will get submissions in whether they’re at 7 or 70. Plus, the only thing you need to do to get Buildr score up is get at least 1 vote on your submissions; as long as nothing get’s -5’d without upvotes you get +1 score per week.

Now, the difference between Buildr and raiding is that there’s no scale or something. You’re either in a klan or you’re not.

It’s not like the klannies got where they are in the raiding because they started as solos and slooowly managed to work themselves into a raid. A total noob can step into a klan and be effective from day 1 if he’s not stupid. It has nothing to do with effort expelled.

Shii edited this message on 04/29/2009 11:45PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Wylin Posted:

We want everything fair for everyone right?

It has recently occurred to me that almost no one is interested in that, but I like your spirit. lol

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

You know why dom is never going to be fixed? Because every dom thread with a valid suggestion that would make dom fun for everyone gets picked apart and becomes “this would help x and not me, don’t do it.”

Why don’t you guys try something new for a change THEN pick it apart when you see how it would actually work? Threads like this make me glad I’m not into domination… you are all miserable.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

scully Posted:

It has recently occurred to me that almost no one is interested in that, but I like your spirit. lol

You can’t keep acting like you’re the one and only moral compbum for these forums, scully. The truth of the matter is that “fair” is extremely subjective, and as such, your definition is no more valid than anyone elses’. To think otherwise is bordering on patronizing.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Shii Posted:

You can’t keep acting like you’re the one and only moral compbum for these forums, scully. The truth of the matter is that “fair” is extremely subjective, and as such, your definition is no more valid than anyone elses’. To think otherwise is bordering on patronizing.

yeah scully, how dare you spend months trying to figure out the best solutions for dom that wouldn’t give any particular person any advantages over someone else? Obviously you need to spend more time on coming up with more ways Shii can get chocolate scoops from forumbuildr and spend less time coming up with ideas that might improve domination for everyone.

so inconsiderate.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

FAIL Posted:

yeah scully, how dare you spend months trying to figure out the best solutions for dom that wouldn’t give any particular person any advantages over someone else? Obviously you need to spend more time on coming up with more ways Shii can get chocolate scoops from forumbuildr and spend less time coming up with ideas that might improve domination for everyone.

so inconsiderate.

Please don’t come into this thread without reading anything anyone has been saying.

The LAST thing we need is more people getting into an argument they don’t even know the point of.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

also, it is hard NOT to come off as patronizing when talking with a bunch of children about something you are way more knowledgeable about than they are.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Shii Posted:

Please don’t come into this thread without reading anything anyone has been saying.

The LAST thing we need is more people getting into an argument they don’t even know the point of.

You know, you’re right. I never read any threads I post in.

I’m pretty sure “the LAST thing we need” is for you to continue to talk about how the dom changes wouldn’t benefit you. You should start trying to wrap your head around ideas that would bring more people (like me) into the game and make being in a klan for dom more useful.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

FAIL Posted:

You know, you’re right. I never read any threads I post in.

I’m pretty sure “the LAST thing we need” is for you to continue to talk about how the dom changes wouldn’t benefit you. You should start trying to wrap your head around ideas that would bring more people (like me) into the game and make being in a klan for dom more useful.

If you read any of my prior posts you would notice that I didn’t have a problem with most all of her suggestions, and in fact I openly supported them. But when the talk turns to sticking MORE artificial, unnecessary caps on scoops that AREN’T excessive and AREN’T broken, it changes.

As far as talking about stuff that “children know nothing about,” did it ever occur to you that maybe the good buildrs actually know what they’re talking about when they say that chocolate is not remotely broken? Most every poster has agreed in this thread that currently chocolate does not need a nerf.

The fact of the matter is that domfabulous persons get bumhurt when they don’t have an advantage someone else does, regardless of how much effort it took to achieve that advantage, and regardless of the fact that EVERY ONE of them had the same opportunity to do so.

I would love klans to be more effective, more useful, and more fun. I would also love if you and others would stop putting words into my mouth that I never said.

Shii edited this message on 04/30/2009 12:07AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!