Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Klan Raiding - completely reimagined

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Shii Posted:

blah blah blah good builders blah blah

If you payed any attention at all to what I posted before you got defensive, you would see that my point was no one should be so gaddamn nitpicky about every aspect of what scully suggested. Her intentions (I think) were to put the general idea of klan raiding as a minigame and a few other broad suggestions into people’s heads and have a discussion about it.

But what happened (what ALWAYS happens) is that people like you come in and **** up the thread with how you didn’t like one detail of the idea (“baww don’t put a cap on my hard earned chocolate scoops unghhhhhh” ), and for the next 3 pages you argue about it.

FAIL edited this message on 04/30/2009 12:14AM

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Also, who are these “good builders” you speak of? Last time I checked there haven’t been good builders since PDB and Escher left.

EDIT: nvm, lets get back to talking about how cool of an idea the klan scoops thing is.

FAIL edited this message on 04/30/2009 12:16AM

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

FAIL Posted:

you are all miserable.

I’m not. Okay, I lied, I am, but not from dom (mostly)

The inherent difference in chocolate is that for the other types, every level 35 character is basically on an even footing with every other one over a three week cycle. Yes, members of big klans have an advantage, but anyone has the opportunity to get that advantage for themselves at any time. If someone with a larger buildr score continues to increase it each week, a new(er) player would never be able to do anything to cut into that advantage. Again, I don’t think this is a big problem, but having a limit of some kind, even if it was at a very high level, would be reasonable.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

FAIL Posted:

If you payed any attention at all to what I posted before you got defensive, you would see that my point was no one should be so gaddamn nitpicky about every aspect of what scully suggested. Her intentions (I think) were to put the general idea of klan raiding as a minigame and a few other broad suggestions into people’s heads and have a discussion about it.

But what happened (what ALWAYS happens) is that people like you come in and **** up the thread with how you didn’t like one detail of the idea (“baww don’t put a cap on my hard earned chocolate scoops unghhhhhh” ), and for the next 3 pages you argue about it.

Don’t even give me that, FAIL. Your first post was practically dripping with sarcasm. Considering you made your first post 100% on the offensive, it was naive of you to bumume I WOULDN’T get defensive, considering you basically sucker-punched me.

Moving back to the topic, there’s a big difference between being nitpicky and voicing concerns and disagreement. If she didn’t want any feedback about it, she wouldn’t have posted it. If 100 people just posted, “Oh yeh, that rules, good job scully!” then this thread would be pretty meaningless. A discussion about a topic isn’t a discussion if nobody brings up any new points or disagrees with anything posted. Then it’s just a bunch of brown-nosing.

I really like the direction she’s going with her ideas and a lot of the activities. I, in fact, said exactly that in my first post. But people like YOU bumume (like they always do) that if I disagree with something it’s purely out of 100% selfish motives because bawww I want my scoops baawww.

If I posted on my alt that had 0 buildr score, no one would’ve given a crap, but merely because I actually know something about Buildr and know the advantages/disadvantages that Buildr score gives, I’m completely written off as an bumhole who only cares about his Dom bracket.

Believe it or not, I was one of the strongest proponents for a “fairer” dom too before klan raids were nerfed, and I still am a supporter of a fairer game. That’s why I’m disagreeing with removing a very fair aspect of the gameplay that doesn’t need it, just because some people aren’t willing to put the time in to gain the slight advantage it brings.

EDIT: Now, I’m done arguing this point. Both sides have had their say, and I won’t be derailing the topic any further.

Shii edited this message on 04/30/2009 12:24AM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Shii Posted:

did it ever occur to you that maybe the good buildrs actually know what they’re talking about when they say that chocolate is not remotely broken? Most every poster has agreed in this thread that currently chocolate does not need a nerf.

Note, I did not suggest any caps on what you can earn, I just think everyone should have the same amount of submissions. Or, if you really think it’s fair that because you win your scoops by using itembuildr submissions that get you more each week, maybe I should get 5 visits a day next week because I use my forum visits to get me scoops?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Okay guys. Lets all calm down.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

:scully edit:

FAIL edited this message on 04/30/2009 12:36AM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Wylin Posted:

Note, I did not suggest any caps on what you can earn, I just think everyone should have the same amount of submissions. Or, if you really think it’s fair that because you win your scoops by using itembuildr submissions that get you more each week, maybe I should get 5 visits a day next week because I use my forum visits to get me scoops?

I wholeheartedly support caps on Itembuildr stuff; those are very unfair, especially given that usually its one submission remaining that gets all the votes and scoops. And for the record, I do net a good number of scoops from Itembuildr.

EDIT: Trolling in non-rp, FAIL? You might want to edit that before a mod sees it.

Shii edited this message on 04/30/2009 12:26AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Awww, take it easy guys. It is natural for players to want to fight for the area they excel in.

Shii – klan raiding evolved via time invested as well. I know because a hell of a lot of the time spent was mine. Players spent months testing different methods until it was perfected. By your logic because the time was invested it does not matter that it was discovered to be unbalancing. So why exactly do you rail against klan vanilla? It seems to me that you should be fighting for it to be fully reinstated to the peak of it’s power. Why do you feel your time investment is more valid than that of those who refined and mastered raiding?

I will agree to differ that “fair” is subjective. I believe “fair” is very easily defined. Currently anti-freeze is horrifyingly, boringly fair. Interestingly, while it is boring, so is pistachio. Lemon is skewed by clbum. Chocolate is skewed and will become more skewed to favor long time players. Klan vanilla is a non-issue as it stands, prior to the nerf it was so powerful that all other scoops could be ignored if the raider wished.

It is a difficult thing to find the balance point where there is enough room for skill and strategy to matter, where game play matters. I don’t think chocolate is all horror right now. I included it as I see no point in pointing out only the current problem – Stray Bullet/bumhole situation is making things rather pointless. If things are to be looked at, if changes are considered on any level, should they not take into account the overall state of the game and where the game is likely to be a few months down the line? It just makes sense to consider next month’s problem if we are looking rather than waiting for it to *be* a problem and then screaming about it.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

scully Posted:

Awww, take it easy guys. It is natural for players to want to fight for the area they excel in.

Shii – klan raiding evolved via time invested as well. I know because a hell of a lot of the time spent was mine. Players spent months testing different methods until it was perfected. By your logic because the time was invested it does not matter that it was discovered to be unbalancing. So why exactly do you rail against klan vanilla? It seems to me that you should be fighting for it to be fully reinstated to the peak of it’s power. Why do you feel your time investment is more valid than that of those who refined and mastered raiding?

I will agree to differ that “fair” is subjective. I believe “fair” is very easily defined. Currently anti-freeze is horrifyingly, boringly fair. Interestingly, while it is boring, so is pistachio. Lemon is skewed by clbum. Chocolate is skewed and will become more skewed to favor long time players. Klan vanilla is a non-issue as it stands, prior to the nerf it was so powerful that all other scoops could be ignored if the raider wished.

It is a difficult thing to find the balance point where there is enough room for skill and strategy to matter, where game play matters. I don’t think chocolate is all horror right now. I included it as I see no point in pointing out only the current problem – Stray Bullet/bumhole situation is making things rather pointless. If things are to be looked at, if changes are considered on any level, should they not take into account the overall state of the game and where the game is likely to be a few months down the line? It just makes sense to consider next month’s problem if we are looking rather than waiting for it to *be* a problem and then screaming about it.

Now this is a constructive post.

I would wholeheartedly agree that the way Buildr is scored needs drastic overhaul so as not to overbalance it towards the long time players.

However, I believe this will be achieved through restructuring scoring itself, not sticking caps on the points or the submissions. For example, I would like it a lot if total number of submissions gotten in per week were added to Buildr score, and then to balance it, you get +1 submission for every 10 score you go up.

That way, number of submissions wouldn’t go up by 2 per week automatically, and good writers could excel up through the ranks much more quickly.

I also agree that pistach/lemon is boringly fair. Pistach needs work just for the simple reason that it basically renders the other flavors useless. I love your 68 streak idea. That’s perfect.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

scully Posted:

Currently anti-freeze is horrifyingly, boringly fair. Interestingly, while it is boring, so is pistachio.

I’d argue that neither are really fair, although for long-term players it’s close enough. Don’t people who got the extra Clbum Warfare forums (and can pwn geronimo) have an advantage with regards to pistachio? Maybe scoops are capped at some point so they don’t, I honestly don’t know.

Anti-freeze is weighted against new players and people who stopped grinding cred/flezz/job points. Without a decent bankroll, newer players can’t afford the variability in cost per AF scoop. I spent 120k to get 1 scoop the other day, I think. AF is still horrifyingly boring though. I’d prefer to see it as kind of a counter-point to Lemons than as a Flezz sink – take more hits or damage than the average player, get more scoops for your visit.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Much as I’d love to derail and argue the philosophical possibilities of fairness with Scully (Whom I believe to be mistaken) let’s keep going with Antifreeze.

Antifreeze is supposed to represent self-harm on the part of the player to a certain extent, either by loss off money or by suicide in forums. My big question is “Why isn’t the suicide option delved into better?”. Committing suicide 3 times for 1 scoop? What the hell? I think that that should be reversed actually. You can get 3 Lemon from actually pwning a forum not to mention the possibility of streaking or getting solo Vanilla so it certainly wouldn’t be unbalanced though it might actually get some use in the last minutes of a week if someone is trailing and literally has only 1 minute to get 10 more scoops.

Hell up it to 5 to see some use out of it albeit very rarely.

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC – Why not add in a mini game that exists entirely within the Klan? You mention the cherry scoops, but that would often interfere with Dom whereas if you allowed the Admins of Klans special privileges to Create special e-peen which exist only within the Klan page, and for entirely separate dom brackets that exists entirely within the Klan itself.The Klan admins can control how they are given based off of a select group of choices. (forums pwned, Klan forums pwned (Raid groups would share with each other but may gain more in the Klan Dom bracket), speed, INCIT wins, the regular stuff plus a few things here and there) In order to make their own Theme weeks or test out their theories on balance. Of course they’s also be able to reset the whole thing and start again without deleting the Klan.

This would make Klans compete with each other for just being entertaining and encourage more community based play. Also this would allow for much independent testing, more discussion based on numbers rather than conjecture and let those who act as admins see just how tricky balance really is Log in to see images!

Of course I expect nothing to come of this but aren’t these suggestions mostly about getting ideas out there and seeing what sticks and what evolves from them?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!