Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

scully Posted:

Awww, take it easy guys. It is natural for players to want to fight for the area they excel in.

Shii – klan raiding evolved via time invested as well. I know because a hell of a lot of the time spent was mine. Players spent months testing different methods until it was perfected. By your logic because the time was invested it does not matter that it was discovered to be unbalancing. So why exactly do you rail against klan vanilla? It seems to me that you should be fighting for it to be fully reinstated to the peak of it’s power. Why do you feel your time investment is more valid than that of those who refined and mastered raiding?

I will agree to differ that “fair” is subjective. I believe “fair” is very easily defined. Currently anti-freeze is horrifyingly, boringly fair. Interestingly, while it is boring, so is pistachio. Lemon is skewed by clbum. Chocolate is skewed and will become more skewed to favor long time players. Klan vanilla is a non-issue as it stands, prior to the nerf it was so powerful that all other scoops could be ignored if the raider wished.

It is a difficult thing to find the balance point where there is enough room for skill and strategy to matter, where game play matters. I don’t think chocolate is all horror right now. I included it as I see no point in pointing out only the current problem – Stray Bullet/bumhole situation is making things rather pointless. If things are to be looked at, if changes are considered on any level, should they not take into account the overall state of the game and where the game is likely to be a few months down the line? It just makes sense to consider next month’s problem if we are looking rather than waiting for it to *be* a problem and then screaming about it.

Now this is a constructive post.

I would wholeheartedly agree that the way Buildr is scored needs drastic overhaul so as not to overbalance it towards the long time players.

However, I believe this will be achieved through restructuring scoring itself, not sticking caps on the points or the submissions. For example, I would like it a lot if total number of submissions gotten in per week were added to Buildr score, and then to balance it, you get +1 submission for every 10 score you go up.

That way, number of submissions wouldn’t go up by 2 per week automatically, and good writers could excel up through the ranks much more quickly.

I also agree that pistach/lemon is boringly fair. Pistach needs work just for the simple reason that it basically renders the other flavors useless. I love your 68 streak idea. That’s perfect.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!