Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Klan Raiding - completely reimagined

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

According to BB2, in idc the other day, even though a Dom board was formed it is unlikely that any serious changes to Dom will happen before Ep 3 is released. I think this is a serious mistake. People are bored, frustrated and tired of waiting for the only actual end game to be reasonably playable.

In a game that is intended to be something for everyone to do, there is nothing that will ever justify having “klan vanilla” hand out bonus scoops to players who already possess the advantage of belonging to a gang. They joined a gang that can easily overpower via numbers and now they get a free rocket launcher for joining? That makes no sense. It has been pointed out many times, most recently in a very logical post by Sancdar. Being part of a klan is a huge, damn near overwhelming advantage in and of itself. No further reward should be needed or given.

However, I agree with the former raiders that as boring as raiding could be it obviously offered a game based reason for klans to get together and do something. I think that is important and frankly good for the game. My thought is – why does this something have to be within the main Domination game? Why can’t it be a mini game within the normal Domination framework?

Klan Domination Side Game

Scoops:

Log in to see images! Raids retain the once per character per 60 hours rule. This will prevent the uber body whore klans from running those 24/7 raids.

Log in to see images! All other raiding restrictions are removed as they will have no impact on an individual players scoops. (In other words all 5 enabled alts would be allowed, there would be no limit to the number joined to the raid, leeching would likely be highly encouraged.)

Log in to see images! These scoops will not interact with other flavas of scoops in any way. A new klan column is added to the Domination bracket.

Log in to see images! Players who join raid earn all their normal scoops including full solo vanilla (there is no sacrifice made by players earning their solo scoops within the raid.) Each raider will also earn cherry scoops for each klan pwning.

Log in to see images! Earned cherry scoops can be either banked immediately or left exposed for the week with the potential for end of week reward. A new “bank klan scoops” bumon would need to be added. (Keep reading it will make sense in a minute.)

How raiding would work:

Log in to see images! Traditional 12 – 11 – 12 – 11 works and delivers 1 scoop per pwn.

Log in to see images! If a klan takes 24 forums each raider receives a 20 scoop bonus and the ability to pwn 24 – 23 – 24 – 23 to gain the 1 scoop per pwn.

Log in to see images! If a klan takes 36 forums each raider receives a 25 scoop bonus and ability to pwn 36 – 35 – 36 – 35 to gain the 1 scoop per pwn.

Log in to see images! If a klan takes 48 forums each raider receives a 30 scoop bonus and ability to pwn 48 – 47 – 48 – 47 to gain the 1 scoop per pwn.

Log in to see images! If a klan takes 60 forums each raider receives a 35 scoop bonus and ability to pwn 60 – 59 – 60 – 59 to gain the 1 scoop per pwn.

Log in to see images! If a klan takes 75 forums each raider receives a 40 scoop bonus – no additional pwning ability.

Log in to see images! The forum bonus is only given once per raid. Hit the magic number and scoops are awarded.

Log in to see images! Once a higher level is hit, the klan can still drop to a lower level and pwn for the single scoop. (Ex: klan hits the 24 grabs reward, loses a bunch of forums. They do not need to climb back to the 24 they can drop to 12 and earn scoops doing 12 – 11 – 12.)

Log in to see images! The 1 scoop per pwn is only given at the numbers marked above. So for example forum 30 would not yield a scoop.

Domination Cards:

Log in to see images! Regular Dom cards work as they always have. They completely ignore cherry scoops. (Ex: Cherry scoops would not be considered when The bumhole bumess who has most scoops.)

Log in to see images! Mirror Domination cards are created for The bumhole (hits for 5), The Shotgun, The Thief, The Modest Improvement, The Destroyer.

Log in to see images! When a player trades in scoops to purchase a Dom card he would be presented with four choices instead of three. The normal pick one of these three options or the option to get a random klan dom card.

Log in to see images! If a klan card is chosen, it can only be used on cherry scoops.

Log in to see images! For simplicity sake, dom card hand limit would be raised from 30 to 45.

Log in to see images! Klan dom cards would count toward the current dom card limit. It would be a strategy choice that someone playing both solo and klan would need to balance.

End of the week:

Log in to see images! Top three cherry scoop holders in each bracket receive a cherry scoop bonus.

Log in to see images! 1st place 300 cherry scoops, 2nd place 200 cherry scoops, 3rd place 100 cherry scoops.

Log in to see images! Regardless of placement all cherry scoops left on the board at the end of the dom round are deposited into the klan bank.

Klan Bank:

Cherry scoops may be banked at anytime during the week via the link I mentioned, or are auto banked at the end of any dom round. There would need to be a simple record viewable by the klan admin as to who banked scoops and how many were banked each time. The coding that logs spendfriend transactions could probably be reused for this with a bit of modification.

Klan rewards:

Log in to see images! Klans can earn levels, much as an individual character earns cred. Cherry scoops banked are the points used to gauge a klan level. Each level is awarded with a new klan level E-peen. Levels also unlock a special ability that the klan leader can use banked scoops to purchase.

Level 2 - 25,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 2 klan E-peen. Unlock ?
Level 3 - 75,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 3 klan E-peen. Unlock ?
Level 4 - 100,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 4 klan E-peen. Unlock klan dedication player E-peen #1.
Level 5 - 150,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 5 klan E-peen. Unlock ?
Level 6 - 250,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 6 klan E-peen. Unlock special .moar file. (Not tradable.)
Level 7 - 500,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 7 klan E-peen. Unlock klan dedication player E-peen #2.
Level 8 - 750,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 8 klan E-peen. Unlock special forum.
Level 9 - 1,000,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 9 klan E-peen. Unlock Surgical Procedures slot item. (Not tradeable.)
Level 10 - 2,000,000 scoops banked. Reward: Level 10 klan E-peen. Unlock host a Domination theme week.

Log in to see images! Unlocking a special ability does not award what has been unlocked, it simply unlocks the ability to use banked scoops to purchase the unlocked item. The correct amount of scoops must be present in the klan bank to unlock the next level. For example: a klan bank has 250,000 scoops and reaches level 6. The leader then spends 150,000 scoops to purchase the already unlocked level 4 ability for 10 klannies. This leaves 100,000 scoops in the bank. The klan will of course retain it’s level 6 status, but will need to earn 400,000 more scoops to hit level 7.

Log in to see images! I can’t seem to think of other things to “unlock”, but I’m sure there are things.

Log in to see images! Obviously it would be a rare klan that would ever hit level 10, but more levels could easily be added in the future.

It’s not klan warfare, but it does give an alternative thing with a benefit that doesn’t actually skew how the main dom game works.

Ok, then thoughts on regular domination.

– Separate the clbumes on the speed boards. (This would also be the first step to eliminating the stupid 1, 2, 1, 2 crap since clbumes wouldn’t need to be comparatively equal.)

– Keep the 5 alts per week rule.

– Pistachio loops – ok this is kind of radical, but cap pistachio delivering loops at 68 forums. This would mean a player could be at the top of their loop every other week. If they don’t reset their streak when a player hits 72 it delivers 1 scoop, when they hit 76 it delivers 2 and so on as though the streak is starting at 4 forums. This would allow players to go for the consecutive peens while eliminating the silly as hell situation we have now. Having the game come down to something that can only be played once every 3+ weeks due to the overly powerful nature of high end pistachio and having a month worth of work capable of being wasted due to lag or one misclick is just ridiculous.

– Chocolate scoops. Either implement one of the ideas restricting the way submissions work or just slap a cap on the scoops earned. The buildr utilities are a cool concept. As soon as they are meshed with the weekly competitive aspect of Dom there is a different motivation for playing. It lessens the quality of buildr, it leaves everything open to name calling and finger pointing. That just makes no sense to me. Maybe instead of a hard cap, have the first 14 submissions a character makes be the only scoop producing submissions. (INCIT could be excluded from this, it takes way too long to milk INCIT for scoops anyway.) It is unreasonable that I have the ability to submit 27 ideas and earn scoops from all of them and that the number I am able to submit will likely keep climbing ensuring that a newer player can never possibly hope to complete.

– Anti-freeze – I have no idea. It is so boring. Everyone is using Neona’s gambling script. BB2’s idea about uncapping it is not good. Even with ever decreasing odds of earning a scoop allowing people to just blow all their flezz to purchase a medal when it is pivotal is a bad idea.

– Dom cards. Dom cards are the difference between new and experienced players. New players tend to just earn scoops for their wins, he who grabs the most takes the prize. Experienced players use Dom cards strategically to position themselves or an ally. Stray Bullet is a serious problem. Particularly when combined with the 10 scoop bumhole. It has eliminated the protective sacrifice. Players sacrifice overall scoop counts to grab Modest Improvements and Shields. These never come without a scoop loss. Stray Bullet simply eliminates this strategy and once cards are cleared The bumhole clears any remaining scoops.

We need to dilute the card pool by adding a couple new cards (of those under consideration I would choose Dy-no-mite! and Box of Chocolates), solidly reduce The bumhole (hits for 5 if you have 4 or more scoops, hits for 7 if you have under 4 scoops), and possibly just consider retiring Stray Bullet until the card pool is far more diluted. Amasius suggested an alternative in chat – have Stray Bullet target like The bumhole does where it only hits the top card holder. That would be better certainly, but would it still be terribly overpowered for 4 scoops? Dom cards are supposed to be a strategy choice. If there is a choice to eliminate the cards there is suddenly no strategy, simply luck of the draw + final minute scoop earning. It makes for a boring game.

– Vanilla. Leave solo as it is. Eliminate klan vanilla completely, go with wacky cherry instead. Log in to see images!

Opinions, thoughts, suggestions, loopholes for abuse that I didn’t see?

iIRZ

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

iIRZ is a funny fine upstanding member of society, which is to say that he did WTC and your mom

hmmm this is a bold new step for bad postign

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

iIRZ Posted:

trolling?

——————————————————-

personally, i think this idea would make dom even more fun.

little klans would play pseudo-normally.

big klans would get to duke it out over raids.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

iIRZ Posted:

Amendment to original proposal. Cherry scoops should definitely be sushi instead. Log in to see images!

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

God damn that sounds so fun I get horny thinking about it. Especially the cherry flavor. The symbolic weight that holds as a refreshing dip back into this guilty pleasure of raiding after months of horrendous chastity. Scully is like a William Golding or Charles male reproductive organens.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

I like it Log in to see images!

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Damn with this the goose will get loose again, and brains will permafreeze and ricket will be castrated.

Colonel Bear

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fran Posted:

I like it Log in to see images!

Why did you have to go and snipe a brotha?

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I like all the ideas except for the chocolate cap.

Most people can’t get hardly any chocolates from 14 forumbuildr submissions as it is. Why would you block off the one advantage only a mere handful of people have just because they managed to be good at something?

I personally seriously dislike the idea of forcing someone to do streaks just in order to compete for medals. There should be fewer caps in general, instead of constantly limiting everyone. ForumBuildr is currently the ONE aspect of domination that doesn’t have a hard and fast cap on it.

Again, how is it fair to the people like myself who have sunk literally 6 months into ForumBuildr to get to the point they are now when you’re going to completely castrate any sort of advantage it gives? If you don’t do Buildr for the scoops there is literally no point to it (unless you want the peen, but several players already have them all, myself included.)

I personally would find no reason to participate in ForumBuildr if CZ stuck yet another pointless cap in place.

That being said, I love your klan ideas, with cherry scoops. Very smart, very applicable, sounds like fun.

Still, it’d be very hard to solo while trying to do a raid at the same time.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Shii Posted:

Most people can’t get hardly any chocolates from 14 forumbuildr submissions as it is. Why would you block off the one advantage only a mere handful of people have just because they managed to be good at something?

I think it is interesting that you have no problem with scoop control in any area except your preferred area of play. I guess we can agree to differ on that. I simply think that things that will automatically exclude newer players from being competitive regardless of effort are bad for the game. 6 months or a year from now, if left as is, the top buildr people won’t need to do anything except play buildr in order to win at Dom. That seems silly.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Shii Posted:

I personally seriously dislike the idea of forcing someone to do streaks just in order to compete for medals. There should be fewer caps in general, instead of constantly limiting everyone. ForumBuildr is currently the ONE aspect of domination that doesn’t have a hard and fast cap on it.

Again, how is it fair to the people like myself who have sunk literally 6 months into ForumBuildr to get to the point they are now when you’re going to completely castrate any sort of advantage it gives? If you don’t do Buildr for the scoops there is literally no point to it (unless you want the peen, but several players already have them all, myself included.)

I personally would find no reason to participate in ForumBuildr if CZ stuck yet another pointless cap in place.

That being said, I love your klan ideas, with cherry scoops. Very smart, very applicable, sounds like fun.

Still, it’d be very hard to solo while trying to do a raid at the same time.

interesting that you ****ed about vanilla being over-powered for klan raiders, because you can’t work on a group, but having chocolate uncapped seems fine.

On topic, I like these ideas, would make the endgame interesting again.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Yes, yes, yes. I may be just starting dom, but giveing klans something else besides sitting there and looking pretty is a great idea.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Nice idea, but it wouldn’t work. It would be too much effort to code and learn, and Dom would be split into medallers and grinders (not necessarily the same every week). Klan raiding would make regular Dom more difficult, so anyone seriously trying to Dom would only leech raids. Furthermore, this would give big cherry advantages to mbumive Klans. Some of these problems may be fixable; some aren’t.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

zagerblag Posted:

Nice idea, but it wouldn’t work. It would be too much effort to code and learn, and Dom would be split into medallers and grinders (not necessarily the same every week). Klan raiding would make regular Dom more difficult, so anyone seriously trying to Dom would only leech raids. Furthermore, this would give big cherry advantages to mbumive Klans. Some of these problems may be fixable; some aren’t.

Why should ET take the effort to code everywhere else to make it better cept dom? With a better tutorial it wouldn’t be as hard to learn as it is currently. How would klan raiding make regular Dom more difficult? And cherry doesn’t play into “regular” dom so who cares?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

There’s a problem with this. If you join a klan raid probably you will have to sacrifice lemon scoops and solo vanilla. There’s no way you can arrange 3 raiders to pwn 4 forums each to achieve both solo and klan vanilla.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

zagerblag Posted:

I don’t know about the coding of course, but a lot of it would obviously only involve mirroring pre-existing coding. The klan bank system would be the only thing that couldn’t really reuse coding, but it seems to me that the current flezz system could likely be adapted. Players instantly earn flezz via jobs. Flezz gain and loss is tracked via spend friend. Surely it would only take adding a klan “spend friend” that recognized cherry scoops as flezz. What would be harder would be the ability to click and direct rewards to specific klannies, but still.

I highly doubt it would be too much effort to learn. I realize that counting 12 – 11 – 12 – 11 is terribly complex and that counting higher adds more numbers, but since most can already count to 100 for their streaks I have faith in the denizens of ForumWarz. Even those who do not possess the power of the permanoob. Log in to see images!

Klan raiding would be entirely optional and have zero impact on an individual unless they chose for it to impact them. There would be no reason that someone could not leech. I mentioned specifically that it would likely be encouraged. The klan scoops could not be used to improve the individual players weekly game.

Mbumive klans have a numbers advantage, but with the one raid per 60 hours restriction left in place it would be very difficult for the free scoops to happen without some organization. If they are willing to organize, then the scoops are earned. They would also have far more members who would want to be paid out benefits. I don’t see it being a real problem. Perhaps you should talk to Ricket and see who he thinks would hit a good reward first BoD or WeChall. My money is on BoD.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

quangntenemy Posted:

There’s a problem with this. If you join a klan raid probably you will have to sacrifice lemon scoops and solo vanilla. There’s no way you can arrange 3 raiders to pwn 4 forums each to achieve both solo and klan vanilla.

Please see the above. Also, you should possibly not just recruit any warm body if you would like a competitive raiding group. It is entirely possible to successfully solo, pistachio and speed within a raid. Please note that I mentioned that alts are allowed. There would be nothing keeping people from using alt visits to fill in raid holes.

EDIT: Actually, you can recruit any warm body. I have not found anyone who could not learn to raid if they showed up. Some were clearly much better at it than others, but there is a need for all sorts. Those who cannot maintain solo or pistachio within a raid setting are also unlikely to be very good at it solo. Why wouldn’t it be fun for them to have a thing to do as a klan?

scully edited this message on 04/28/2009 2:56AM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Also, kickbum avatar.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

I think the domination committee just lost its reason to exist. Bingebot, CZ, do what Scully says.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I suggest we disable the switcherooo so that people have to actually earn each kind, rather than just screwing around with pistachios and winningLog in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!