Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Vanilla Re-evaluation?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

What and miss the naked raiding ice cream party? Never!

Ultra Nonce

Level 18 Camwhore

world's greasiest camwhore virgin

Stop ****ting up my thread and L2play you retards. I was only saying there needs to be a way to gain vanilla alone.

Stop your ****ing cry baby **** about how much male reproductive organ your clan sucks.

For all those saying it’s easy to run vanillas… GO ****ING DO IT THEN!

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Bigguyinblack Posted:

What mechanics? Pick a time such as 10 minutes after the hour and have everyone pwn the thread but not leave yet or possibly provide the final damage to the final thread depending on which triggers the notification. At 10 minutes after the hour everyone involved clicks and then does the same forum again for 15 or 20 minutes after depending on how long it takes the members bumigned to the hard forums to do them. You pbum up yellow scoops but 20 members working together can provide 720 scoops to every clan member.

... On reflection this can’t be the method you used but the first clan to do it will utterly destroy the competition. Not that anyone would go to the effort of getting 20 members to work for over an hour to earn a mere 700 or so scoops each. Log in to see images!

So…720 scoops = 240 Klan dominations. 20 members = 240 forum visits. 1 domination = 12 forums pwned simultaneously.

I think your math is wonky.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

durr.

Sancdar edited this message on 03/11/2008 5:45AM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

In response to doug’s post below: I demand an equal chance for chocolate scoops without contributing anything to forumbuildr.

Sancdar edited this message on 03/11/2008 4:24AM

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

Bubo Posted:

You know, this sounds pretty much like what Bigguyinblack said earlier, that I commented on. Same thing applies here. Just like Skyreal and I said, it would work, but it’s horribly inefficient. Just like your earlier comment on Sisters being the only ones supporting the status quo, you’re knocking something you haven’t tried yet. Give it a shot, and then come back and tell us how you beat our scoop count. After all, it’s “little [to] do” for an “extreme advantage” (although if it’s so little to do, then everyone should do it, and all of a sudden an “extreme advantage” just becomes normal operating procedure – funny how that logic works).

As for the abuse/conspiracy theory comment…. well, it sure sounds like you’re accusing the Sisters of trying to weigh the argument in our favor. What else were you implying (or what was the reason for your biased “observation” ) with that comment?

I really don’t care how you did it, honestly. If you’d take a look at the clan I’m in now, it’s fairly obvious that I’m not very interested in vanilla scoops myself. However, if you’re going to keep your little secret about exactly how you do these raids (and by all means, go right ahead), don’t expect me or most others to sympathize with how much ‘work’ you say you’re doing.

I wasn’t implying anything by my observation. It was an observation, not an interpretation. Stop looking for stuff to quibble about – I’m the troll here, not you Log in to see images!. And just out of curiosity, I went back and read all of the posts prior to that, and yes, my observation was accurate.

If you can’t join ‘em, hate ‘em. Log in to see images!

Anyhow, the thread was originally about how most solo players have very little chance of acquiring vanilla scoops without sacrificing four others for a card, which is obviously a horribly inefficient method. But hey, in the end it’s up to Evil Trout whether or not he’d like clans to dominate Domination. Let’s not fool ourselves here – by the time enough clans arise to overlap each other on Vanilla raids… well, that’s not likely to happen for quite a long while. Until then, clans like the Sisters can raid without worry of their raiding being spoiled by more than just a few random guys playing the game on their own – which at the current time DOES give you an unfair advantage, as members of your clan who didn’t bother to even show up to your raid get free scoops, while a single player would have to sacrifice many of his or her forum visits for just one – if they were lucky and if they were playing at an off hour. This needs to be fixed in a method which will give players the option of raiding with their clan or raiding on their own – both giving relatively equal rewards.

Fiction

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 16 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

doug05257 Posted:

I really don’t care how you did it, honestly. If you’d take a look at the clan I’m in now, it’s fairly obvious that I’m not very interested in vanilla scoops myself. However, if you’re going to keep your little secret about exactly how you do these raids (and by all means, go right ahead), don’t expect me or most others to sympathize with how much ‘work’ you say you’re doing.

I wasn’t implying anything by my observation. It was an observation, not an interpretation. Stop looking for stuff to quibble about – I’m the troll here, not you Log in to see images!. And just out of curiosity, I went back and read all of the posts prior to that, and yes, my observation was accurate.

If you can’t join ‘em, hate ‘em. Log in to see images!

Anyhow, the thread was originally about how most solo players have very little chance of acquiring vanilla scoops without sacrificing four others for a card, which is obviously a horribly inefficient method. But hey, in the end it’s up to Evil Trout whether or not he’d like clans to dominate Domination. Let’s not fool ourselves here – by the time enough clans arise to overlap each other on Vanilla raids… well, that’s not likely to happen for quite a long while. Until then, clans like the Sisters can raid without worry of their raiding being spoiled by more than just a few random guys playing the game on their own – which at the current time DOES give you an unfair advantage, as members of your clan who didn’t bother to even show up to your raid get free scoops, while a single player would have to sacrifice many of his or her forum visits for just one – if they were lucky and if they were playing at an off hour. This needs to be fixed in a method which will give players the option of raiding with their clan or raiding on their own – both giving relatively equal rewards.

Funny coming from one guy that seems to spend ALL his cards on nerfing one Klan.. And to no apparent help to “His” Klan..

Oh and “clans like the Sisters can raid without worry of their raiding being spoiled by more than just a few random guys playing the game on their own” Hence the name “Forumwarz” and being in THE sickest Klan yet…

007Bistromath

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

FTR, high-level bull**** like this is exactly why I want nothing to do with the competitive aspect of this game. I have **** to do. Like masturbate again.

Hooper_X

[PoE]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

FTR, high-level bull**** like this is exactly why I want nothing to do with the competitive aspect of this game.

Yeah, pretty much. Between nerfing forumbuildr submissions and the ridiculous klan exploit, it really drains all the fun out of Domination for the casual player (and out of forumbuildr, for that matter). You *might* have a shot at the lowest-highest trophy, but as long as the vanilla payouts stay the way they are, one group is pretty much going to …uh… dominate Domination.

TLDR: Vanilla = broken.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Actually, Ultra Nonce has a point – the solo vanilla method is rather redundant. It’s more like a bonus for doing lemons and pistachios quickly enough at a time of the day when few other players are online, and even then it’s a puny bonus at best. It needs either some tweaking or removal entirely.

April Fool

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

First of all, it’s a little to early to be calling Vanillas broken. I mean, we have yet to win a single medal since we started running raids. I say let a couple weeks go by. See how people respond to the threat. See what happens when other Klans start raiding. Then see if we actually end up taking all the medals on a consistent basis.

That said, I see no reason to justify saying that solo players should be able to compete against Klans. Even without Vanilla raids, it wouldn’t be very hard for Klan members to work together to prevent others from winning. It’s simply the nature of the beast. An analogy I’d like to bring up is WoW. For any of you who have played it, let me bring your attention to Battlegrounds. If you’ve done a fair number of Battlegrounds, you’d know that going into them by yourself will earn you a loss if the team you’re facing is comprised of one Guild’s members(and they’re not re-res). And why shouldn’t that be the case? As was said earlier, min scoops may turn out to be the great equalizer. It’s worth as much as the other categories combined and it’s not too hard to get, even by yourself, if you know what you’re doing.

As to whether Vanilla needs readjustment, let me say this. Based on the yields of our raids so far, it hasn’t been the case that we’ve earned a significantly greater number of Vanillas than a single person can earn of Lemons and Pistachios if they have some degree of skill, good equipment, and a little luck. The sacrifices we’ve had to make to do raids have so far nearly wiped out the gains. I’d also like to remind you of a little thing called the bumhole Card. With Domination groups as large as they are, it is trivially easy for people to cut deeply into our scoops, especially *GASP* if people work together. Let me be clear that I’m not saying this as an absolute. As we go forward and our tactics deepen, it may become the case that Vanillas give an absurd advantage to Klans and will warrant a reevaluation, but we are not at that point now.

To answer the question of whether non-raiders ought to get scoops, that’s a tricky subject. I don’t want to get into our tactics(HINT HINT), but as has already been said, some people who don’t contribute to forum pwning are actually helping the raid. From a mechanics standpoint, how can the game differentiate? One option would be to implement a raid system à la your standard MMO. But as I’ve already said, it’s too early to be considering such things. Let’s see how this plays out first.

April Fool edited this message on 03/11/2008 12:06PM

Virtual_Eyes

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 13 Camwhore

Whiny, yet arrogant.

Hooper_X Posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Between nerfing forumbuildr submissions and the ridiculous klan exploit, it really drains all the fun out of Domination for the casual player (and out of forumbuildr, for that matter). You *might* have a shot at the lowest-highest trophy, but as long as the vanilla payouts stay the way they are, one group is pretty much going to …uh… dominate Domination.

TLDR: Vanilla = broken.

I’m amused at how everyone is calling this an exploit.

You can ****ing do it too, people! Send someone from your klan to apply to the Sisterhood. If they have a good enough Domination record, we’ll accept them and they can read all our secrets on the forum. Go on, I challenge you.

The claims that the current system will allow SotQR to take over Domination are absolutely true… at the moment we have no competition. There’s nobody trying to mess us up as we do our vanilla raids. There are no other klans who have put together raid strategies of their own. Hooper_X is saying “Coca-Cola will dominate the soda market.” Sure, of course they will, because in ForumWarz, there isn’t even a ****ing PepsiCo.

So this is the challenge to other klans. Get your act together, do some research, and make some vanilla raids of your own. It’s not a broken system, it’s just a new one… and at the moment, we’re the only ones who are using it.

Lust

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 18 Camwhore

Tubmail me for free flezz!! More mails = more flezz

Ultra Nonce Posted:

Stop ****ting up my thread and L2play you retards. I was only saying there needs to be a way to gain vanilla alone.

Stop your ****ing cry baby **** about how much male reproductive organ your clan sucks.

For all those saying it’s easy to run vanillas… GO ****ING DO IT THEN!

...you mean me? I have, thx.

...wait, were you even AT either of our runs? Don’t recall your name…Log in to see images!

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Lust Posted:

...wait, were you even AT either of our runs? Don’t recall your name…Log in to see images!

Now now, be nice. She’s one of our UTC/GMT Sisters, and has already signed on for the Euro project.

Skyreal

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

That’s right. Sisters may also now apply for the Middle Eastern and Asian Pacific projects too, now. All the other klans better get their act together. lol

April Fool

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Hey woah… Let’s not give away too much too soon.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

cowpie Posted:

Hey woah… Let’s not give away too much too soon.

It’s not like we posted the itinerary for when we fly Evil Trout & Co for “research” into international camwhoredom.

Oh. Uh…. Oops? Log in to see images!

doug05257

Avatar: 3798 Mon Oct 20 19:57:21 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 34 Troll

WILL YIFF FOR VANILLA SCOOPS!

Fiction Posted:

Funny coming from one guy that seems to spend ALL his cards on nerfing one Klan.. And to no apparent help to “His” Klan..

Oh and “clans like the Sisters can raid without worry of their raiding being spoiled by more than just a few random guys playing the game on their own” Hence the name “Forumwarz” and being in THE sickest Klan yet…

First of all, there’s no one in my bracket from my Klan. Secondly, I doubt more than two or three people from my Klan still play, making me essentially a solo player. Thirdly, you ARE in my bracket, and since you’re recieving all of these lovely scoops you’re a perfect target for my bumhole cards. But the bumhole card is not a balancing factor in the single player’s favor – sure, it cuts down on some of your scoops but I have to sacrifice all of mine to put a dent in your progress. For being a Troll and on my own, I think I’m doing rather well. But I’ll let you in on a hint – I’m done with that bracket. Log in to see images! Now, I’m just going to watch all hell break loose on Wednesday night. Should be a fun watch.

You can ****ing do it too, people! Send someone from your klan to apply to the Sisterhood. If they have a good enough Domination record, we’ll accept them and they can read all our secrets on the forum. Go on, I challenge you.

I doubt you accept Trolls. As I said, if you can’t join ‘em, hate ‘em. Log in to see images! doug05257 edited this message on 03/11/2008 2:18PM

Ultra Nonce

Level 18 Camwhore

world's greasiest camwhore virgin

Lust Posted:

...you mean me? I have, thx.

Jeez, way to miss the point of my post and be a **** about it. I was talking to those in other Klans who were saying that it was easy for you guys to get Vanillas. I was saying if it’s so easy then they should just do it. Also I asked repeatedly in the “room” and on the forums for the raid time to be switched to 21:00 GMT so that we could gather the full force of the Klan but I was completely ignored.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Ultra Nonce Posted:

Jeez, way to miss the point of my post and be a **** about it. I was talking to those in other Klans who were saying that it was easy for you guys to get Vanillas. I was saying if it’s so easy then they should just do it. Also I asked repeatedly in the “room” and on the forums for the raid time to be switched to 21:00 GMT so that we could gather the full force of the Klan but I was completely ignored.

Your turn for the admonishing finger. You were not ignored. Far from ignored.

Come into the clan forum to discuss this.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!