Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] Episode 2: Would you Pay?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

We know that Evil Trout, and the crew that makes this game, have at least entertained the idea of making Episode 2 “pay-to-play”:

Nope, that’s it so far. It’s likely that Episode 2 will require some kind of payment to play, but we haven’t fully sorted that out yet. And the idea of selling t-shirts or posters has been thrown around, but both of those concepts are up in the air right now.

link here.

If it comes down to it, would you pay to play this game?

Personally, I would. A big reason I never got into games like City of Heroes or WoW was the cost, as well as the free nature of Guild Wars. But FWZ is not only interesting enough to pay for, but it eat up as much time as other games.

But unfortunately, I don’t have access to Paypal, so it would have to be via cash or money order.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

I'M BETTER THAN EVIL TROUT AT HALO 3

No. And I would probably kill myself.

legom7

[So Fresh and So Cl-
ean
]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

nope

Jimmy Hat

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

not me.

Spinning Robo

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I don’t think so as I don’t really have any way to pay for it.

Chopsticks

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I already donated 10bux, so I hope I don’t have to pay again, but I guess I probably would.

el_BLAZE

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 16 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I would LOVE to keep playing, but I’ve got no way to pay. I’m a sorry fool without credit cards.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Hey all, we’ve been discussing this concept for a while now and I am reluctant to provide a definitive answer as we haven’t decided what to do ourselves. From the blog, Evil Trout has posted:

The cost of episode 2 is still very much in the air right now. We have discussed many different pricing ideas and we have ultimately come to the conclusion that it depends on how comprehensive episode 2 is when we’re finished. So the official stance is no comment for now, but obviously we will do our best to reach as many people as possible.

Stay tuned and take solace in knowing that we will consider all opinions before making any decisions.

Lucid Lulu

[The Ghebbernauts]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I would like to say I would. I love the games humor and community, and it never ceases to amaze me how badbum it is. But, unfortunately, the answer is probably no, I wouldn’t.

relise

Level 5 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

No. Forumwarz has been a pretty sweet time-waster, but there are other things that I need to spend my money on.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

all these people with no access to credit cards need to hurry up and get credit cards. even you’re a stupid 12 year old you should be able to buy stuff online.

I’ll buy forumwarz episode 2 for sure.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

no I wouldn’t pay to play either.. I donated my money I did my part. I wouldnt mind donating maybe 10 more possibly but pay to play sounds ghey… Just a honest answer.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

The Other Other Hole Posted:

Hey all, we’ve been discussing this concept for a while now and I am reluctant to provide a definitive answer as we haven’t decided what to do ourselves. From the blog, Evil Trout has posted:

The cost of episode 2 is still very much in the air right now. We have discussed many different pricing ideas and we have ultimately come to the conclusion that it depends on how comprehensive episode 2 is when we’re finished. So the official stance is no comment for now, but obviously we will do our best to reach as many people as possible.

Stay tuned and take solace in knowing that we will consider all opinions before making any decisions.

Has there been any thought to expand payment plans? I personally don’t need a credit card at the moment, and don’t really want to get one over an online game.

If worst comes to worst, I could get a Visa Gift card from Wal-Mart and pay that way, but those are fairly expensive.

Niggy Tardust

Avatar: 1652 2009-10-15 11:16:47 -0400

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

**** yeah I’m pretty sure I would

even though I’ve got sort of tired of the game at the moment, I’ve still enjoyed it (and the server is responsive and always playable, unlike mother****ing urban dead)

woman's genitalsPunch

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

As entertaining as Forumwarz is, I’m afraid that since I don’t have any method of paying, the answer would be no.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

If we’re talking like the $10 range, probably.

As far as getting a prepaid Visa… it’s not that expensive, for ****’s sake.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Acid Flux Posted:

If we’re talking like the $10 range, probably.

As far as getting a prepaid Visa… it’s not that expensive, for ****’s sake.

Well, they’re ~$50, which I’d prefer to have in cash. It’s not too bad, because it gives me a chance to buy harder-to-get CDs, but I’d still prefer to pay via MO or cash.

Chopsticks

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Once you’re 18, if you’re a student or a steady job you should have almost no problem getting a credit card that has no additional fees, and a low cap of like 1,000. Just use it in place of debit or cash and build your credit rating, it’ll help you out in the long run.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

They’re $50 just to get one? Where are you looking?

General Mala-
ise

Level 16 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

If Episode 2 would be a full on “expansion,” I’d toss in ten bucks. Heck, maybe more, but odds are that I’d rather snag another character slot and try all three clbumes. And maybe one for my gimped “Re-re Runthru.”

So yeah, ten bucks plus my other tennish bucks.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!