Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] Episode 2: Would you Pay?

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

I don’t even pay to get an alt. If episode 2 requires money to pay then I have no real reason to keep playing this game.

KyleCamelot

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I doubt I would, especially if there was still a 4 forum per day minimum after I paid money to play it.

Of course, without that restriction, the game really only lasts a couple of hours, which probably wouldn’t be worth paying for.

RandomExtrem-
ity

[Random Gamers and -
Candy Klan
]

Level 32 Troll

HUGE OBNOXIOUS RED LETTERS BECAUSE MY AVATAR ISN'T OBNOXIOUS ENOUGH ON ITS OWN

I chipped in but I can’t see myself paying more just to keep playing. Maybe a brownie point or two but not ten bux, bleh.

Ved

[Soviet Zircadia]

Level 20 Camwhore

TUBMAIL ME FOR mammary glands

Lucid Lulu Posted:

I would like to say I would. I love the games humor and community, and it never ceases to amaze me how badbum it is. But, unfortunately, the answer is probably no, I wouldn’t.

I second this opinion.

If you have to make it pay-to-play, at least go all the way with it. Don’t offer some ****ty, watered-down free version of Episode 2, y’know? Also, hope to see Episode 2 come out soon. I’ve been waiting for it.

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

i will/have paid already but the site WILL lose a lot of members

SkinTicket

Avatar: 4386 2010-01-07 13:38:24 -0500

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 23 Camwhore

[Insert very special joke here, preferably about male reproductive organs]

No, I don’t see much point and would just not go on ForumWarz again.

flamin kooz

[Urbanite Playboy N-
inja
]

Level 10 Camwhore

**** DOMINATION!

oh noes! your losing the troops 1 by 1 :-)

narth

Level 10 Troll

Unfunny fabulous person

Chopsticks Posted:

Once you’re 18, if you’re a student or a steady job you should have almost no problem getting a credit card that has no additional fees, and a low cap of like 1,000. Just use it in place of debit or cash and build your credit rating, it’ll help you out in the long run.

I got a credit card, except the signature was rejected (!) but it’s okay because the local posty had opened my letter and taped it back together, so if it hadn’t been rejected I’d been in deep **** right now.

So um… yeah. I’ll pbum on a credit card until the postal service becomes reliable and safe… errrr… it’s not like I need the extra credit for anything but certain MMOs. Paypal hates me in the face btw. Apparently if you enter a bank account then **** up, it then gets bound to an email address FOREVER.

But even if I could, for a couple of brownie points, yes. Otherwise no. As it is, I’d have to pay for more than one character.

narth edited this message on 02/27/2008 5:16AM

delta1238

[Facepunch]

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

I wouldn’t pay. I came to forumwarz because it’s fun and free.

Wyrd

Avatar: 2782 2011-10-31 19:56:49 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

I tried to get over myself, but I'm just too awesome!

I really don’t like pay to play, so probably no, a one-time donation, maybe. I’m much more inclined to donate to a free game than pay a required playing fee.

crackednut

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Nope. Its free and fun to play. Wd love it to see that way.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I for one would pay to play, but I’m biased I guess Log in to see images!

Seriously though, it’s a little premature to worry about it now, because we honestly haven’t decided how to approach this yet. It’s interesting to hear all this feedback though.

Anyway, just thought I should point out that you don’t need a credit card to use Paypal. You can pay by debit from any regular bank account. We’ll look into other alternatives as well, since it’s an issue for some users.

SkinTicket

Avatar: 4386 2010-01-07 13:38:24 -0500

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 23 Camwhore

[Insert very special joke here, preferably about male reproductive organs]

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I for one would pay to play, but I’m biased I guess Log in to see images!

Seriously though, it’s a little premature to worry about it now, because we honestly haven’t decided how to approach this yet. It’s interesting to hear all this feedback though.

Anyway, just thought I should point out that you don’t need a credit card to use Paypal. You can pay by debit from any regular bank account. We’ll look into other alternatives as well, since it’s an issue for some users.

If there would be any type of payment methord using a mobile phone, That would change alot of things around for me and probibly would be buying alot of brownie points

keWANGji

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

No.

I would also lose respect for Evil Trout and stop playing the game and take soem cyanide pills, but that’s another story.

keWANGji edited this message on 02/27/2008 10:37AM

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

What if there was both a free-play & pay-to-play option, with the main difference being that pay-to-players got first crack at new updates, and after 4-8 weeks, those updates become free. If there was a one time fee for that privilege, and if updates were a regular event, that would be a decent compromise.

Or if pay-to-players got more customization features (load whatever avatar I want, write my own text for attacks, etcetera), that might be a worthwhile add-on.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

keWANGji Posted:

No.

I would also lose respect for Evil Trout and stop playing the game and take soem cyanide pills, but that’s another story.

I personally have already lost all respect for Evil Trout.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

??? I wasn’t aware Evil Trout had any respect to lose.

Hulyen

[Team Shortbus]

Level 18 Camwhore

Literate Dork

No, I wouldn’t pay to play. There’s only one game I pay a sub fee for (final fantasy xi) and it’s the one that’s been getting my money for years. When I have a little bit of extra funds (not often) I’ll toss it to Kingdom of Loathing. Likely, this site would fall in the same sorta feel as that – if I have the extra money for it, I’ll pick up some brownie points, but if it became pay to play, I’d be very very sad, but I’d be gone.

Yo Mama

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

just use the kingdom of loathing model, exclusive equipment that you can only get by paying money

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

I would if they threw in a way to pay with Cell Phones (Sms, call, etc)

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!