Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

Bigguyinblack: I know what you were doing with all those bumhole cards, but it was really more annoying to have to click through all of them than it was to have lost all those scoops.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Bigguyinblack Posted:

My post went poof so I’m reposting. The latest forum is difficult to make enemies for because there are almost no sci-fi or fantasy avatars and those are the 2 main geek categories to compare. There aren’t even bishi anime characters or giant robots. That leads to the other problem with this forum. It’s mostly XXX vs YYY or XXX plus YYY plus maybe AAA through ZZZ and our choice is to either make specific crossovers or battles threads or to use options such as @generic_DC_superhero and put the work on whoever makes up the options. I’m not saying this is a bad forum idea but I think making it a good forum to play is beyond the scope of the forumbuildr.

Focus more on intra-community drama. Who ****ed who at what con?

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

Cubear Posted:

Bigguyinblack: I know what you were doing with all those bumhole cards, but it was really more annoying to have to click through all of them than it was to have lost all those scoops.

Not the correct thread for that but yes I had no chance of winning any trophy’s so I put my scoops to as much use as I could. It wasn’t personal. Of course why would you be surprised that a Troll would do such a thing? Log in to see images!

@hail Satin: I don’t think that really fits the idea either. The forum looks to be shaping into a big cluster**** with a few slash fic related items to save it. I may be wrong of course but thats how it seems to me.

Bigguyinblack edited this message on 01/22/2008 8:19PM

Pic

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

the current forum is hard, I can only come up with a couple of good ones Log in to see images!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

The last forum has white on white labels when you click ‘next thread’, it is REALLY hard to read

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Next madlib suggestion: Keep the existing @people options, but also create versions with only males or only females. That’ll make pronouns flow more smoothly, and enhance creativity.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Vagitarian Posted:

The last forum has white on white labels when you click ‘next thread’, it is REALLY hard to read

I’ve fixed this, thanks.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

<This is where this belongs>

Next suggestion:

Combine the voting on Logo Designs and Styles, so we can vote on each combination, rather than the individual pieces. Right now we could wind up with some really ugly stuff if the logo which wins and the style which wins just don’t work together. This would allow us to get some really snazzy combinations, and also re-establish the hidden “which logo is winning”, which is currently blown when you look at a style.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

<This is where this belongs>

Next suggestion:

Combine the voting on Logo Designs and Styles, so we can vote on each combination, rather than the individual pieces. Right now we could wind up with some really ugly stuff if the logo which wins and the style which wins just don’t work together. This would allow us to get some really snazzy combinations, and also re-establish the hidden “which logo is winning”, which is currently blown when you look at a style.

The problem is not everyone who knows photoshop knows CSS, and both skills are necessary.

If you look at the book logo this week, it was made properly as a PNG file so it can blend into any background style. Of course, even with proper blending some logos aren’t going to match certain styles, but I doubt they’d both be voted high.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I think you might be misunderstanding my suggestion. I don’t mean to combine the submissions into one, I mean to combine the voting into one. So,for example as of this writing we could vote on:

Logo with open book showing Blue slash Orange

Logo with open book showing Coffee Shop 1.0

Logo with open book showing Minty

Logo with open book showing Staid

Logo with open book showing White+Blue=beautiful-san ^___^

Logo with stacked books showing Blue slash Orange

Logo with stacked books showing Coffee Shop 1.0

Logo with stacked books showing Minty

Logo with stacked books showing Staid

Logo with stacked books showing White+Blue=beautiful-san ^___^

Clicking on any of these would bring up the same preview we now get with the “Preview Style” link, only instead of automatically putting in the logo with the highest votes, it would put in the logo selected.

Or are you implying that you do touch-up work to the logos and styles when you combine them for go-live? And so we shouldn’t worry if some combination would look really lame, because you’d tweak them so they didn’t?

And if the latter, does that include colors? Because some styles look horrible with certain logos simply due to the color clashes, while the style itself may look spectacular with another logo whose colors are complimentary. How can we vote on that? That’s the real thrust of my suggestion; so we can see color schemes together and vote on them that way.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

I think you might be misunderstanding my suggestion. I don’t mean to combine the submissions into one, I mean to combine the voting into one. So,for example as of this writing we could vote on:

Logo with open book showing Blue slash Orange
Logo with open book showing Coffee Shop 1.0
Logo with open book showing Minty
Logo with open book showing Staid
Logo with open book showing White+Blue=beautiful-san ^___^
Logo with stacked books showing Blue slash Orange
Logo with stacked books showing Coffee Shop 1.0
Logo with stacked books showing Minty
Logo with stacked books showing Staid
Logo with stacked books showing White+Blue=beautiful-san ^___^

Clicking on any of these would bring up the same preview we now get with the “Preview Style” link, only instead of automatically putting in the logo with the highest votes, it would put in the logo selected.

Or are you implying that you do touch-up work to the logos and styles when you combine them for go-live? And so we shouldn’t worry if some combination would look really lame, because you’d tweak them so they didn’t?

And if the latter, does that include colors? Because some styles look horrible with certain logos simply due to the color clashes, while the style itself may look spectacular with another logo whose colors are complimentary. How can we vote on that? That’s the real thrust of my suggestion; so we can see color schemes together and vote on them that way.

Oh I see, I think that makes more sense than I thought. I’ll have to look into it, as it wouldn’t be a trivial change and require some work.

In other news Fanfiction Freaks has been published. In my opinion, this is our best looking forumbuildr forum so far, but you guys might disagree.

I made it super easy, so the noobs have somewhere to go between The Plastic Surgery Stronghold and Rice, Rice Baby.

We’re working on some marketing-related stuff now, but I might get a chance or two to upgrade ForumBuildr a bit this week. I already have some more reports / statistics related stuff almost ready to go, so that will probably be the next thing. You can look at what kinds of things tend to get voted higher than others.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Okay, for this one, I think we need at least @rapper_alive, @rapper_dead, and

@gang

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Okay, for this one, I think we need at least @rapper_alive, @rapper_dead, and

@gang

All three were good suggestions and have been added!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Church of Saiyantology is frelling awesome. I know it won’t win, but it’s great.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Goddamn, is it just me or are some people really picky when voting? I think the average vote on most submissions is like, 3.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I think two things feed into this:

1) Chocolate scoops. A concern I had when Domination first came out was that people would vote down ideas just so their Domination opponents wouldn’t get a scoop. Couple that with a misunderstanding on how the scoop is awarded (thinking it’s based on the net vote, which is incorrect, rather than on the “Yes” votes, which is the way it’s handled) and you have people probably doing an incorrect strategy of voting down so others don’t get chocolate scoops.

2) No “I don’t care” option other than leaving an item unvoted. I know that with 86 enemies, 52 thread titles, etc., it gets very crowded if you don’t vote things away, so I feel obliged to — well — vote things away. If I think it’s funny, or clever, I vote it up. If I think it’s stupid, or off-theme, I vote it down. And then there are some words and madlibs which, if present in a submission, make it an automatic vote-down for me. Whatever’s left, I sort of randomly do, based on how I’m leaning and trying to keep my votes even, just to clear them away.

I think the upcoming “see statistical trends on what’s voted up” feature will help a bit, but what I’d really like to see is an “I don’t care” option, which will take a vote off of the “waiting for a vote” list without impacting that vote upwards or downwards.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

We’ll definitely be adding to the buildr as time goes on, and taking your ideas into account.

In terms of people being overtly negative, we’ve been collecting stats on it, and the vast majority of players vote more up than they vote down. The average is actually 2.7 positive votes to each negative vote, which seems pretty fair to me.

I think there is a lack of votes overall now. I haven’t noticed a drop in quality (this week’s forum is hilarious) but the scores are lower than they used to be. There’s a lot of submissions to vote on, and it takes a lot of time to do it for nothing else than “karma” Log in to see images!

I was thinking that maybe people need an incentive to vote, but I haven’t come up with a good idea for how that would work. If people got paid for voting, for example, someone might create a script that just votes randomly.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

n00b65 Posted:

I think two things feed into this:

1) Chocolate scoops. A concern I had when Domination first came out was that people would vote down ideas just so their Domination opponents wouldn’t get a scoop. Couple that with a misunderstanding on how the scoop is awarded (thinking it’s based on the net vote, which is incorrect, rather than on the “Yes” votes, which is the way it’s handled) and you have people probably doing an incorrect strategy of voting down so others don’t get chocolate scoops.

2) No “I don’t care” option other than leaving an item unvoted. I know that with 86 enemies, 52 thread titles, etc., it gets very crowded if you don’t vote things away, so I feel obliged to — well — vote things away. If I think it’s funny, or clever, I vote it up. If I think it’s stupid, or off-theme, I vote it down. And then there are some words and madlibs which, if present in a submission, make it an automatic vote-down for me. Whatever’s left, I sort of randomly do, based on how I’m leaning and trying to keep my votes even, just to clear them away.

I think the upcoming “see statistical trends on what’s voted up” feature will help a bit, but what I’d really like to see is an “I don’t care” option, which will take a vote off of the “waiting for a vote” list without impacting that vote upwards or downwards.

Out of curiosity, what madlib words make you automatically vote no?

The Random O-
ne

Avatar: 1876 Fri Dec 19 13:59:05 -0500 2008

[Nexus Warriors]

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

>_> <_< Well, if no one will say it, I will.

YAY NEW FORUM! PARANOID PANORAMA! Well, I mean… panarama. Will this be fixed? Does it need to?

Anywhoo, I think that for this one we’ll need @agency (CIA, FBI, NSA, FDA), @aliens (reptillians, greys, pod people, Martians), @top_secret_site (Area 51, Roswell, the Pentagon, an unmarked warehouse in South Jersey) @secret_society (Illuminati, Freemasons, Majestic-12), and @conspiracy (the Kennedy bumbumination, the 9/11 attacks, etc).

On the topic you guys were discussing, I did notice that the grades seemed to have been overall lower this time. Although it seems to be more due to abstence then due to downvoting. Perhaps now that the forumbuildr has been around for a few weeks some people have lost interest in it.

One last thing… could there be a summary screen for the previous week’s forum if any of your entries were accepted? Kind of like how you can see how your submissions are doing during the week? I think it’d be nice to see which of your submissions made it, which didn’t, and how closely.

Splargety

Avatar: 1336 Thu Oct 16 06:39:06 -0400 2008

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 40 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

Please feel free to correct my idiotic spelling, I meant Panorama, not “panarama”.

Change the description as much as you want too…

On another note, this my second winning contribution, woo! I demand extra e-peen for getting two contributions Log in to see images! Splargety edited this message on 02/03/2008 8:30PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!