Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

Out of curiosity, what madlib words make you automatically vote no?

@insult_homosexual. I’m not gay, but I strongly oppose the use of derogatory terms towards those who are. Even on a parody site. I’m on the fence about @insult_racist, currently not auto-dumping it because it’s broad-based (no one’s safe, so it falls, to me, under total equal opportunity, like South Park uses. But I stopped watching South Park when “gay” was used as a common derogatory term). If any other group-specific words get their own @insult, I’m not likely to use those either. Especially religious or racial ones.

In a similar vein, while I love the concept of a parody male-supremacist forum, by tying it to Christians I’m going to vote it down every time. And I’m not Christian, I just believe that by tying the two together, a slam is being made against Christians in particular, rather than against misogynistic males in general.

I voted down several of the “fine upstanding member of society” submissions last week for similar reasons, when I felt it was completely gratuitous, and not cleverly in-character.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Huh, interesting. Thanks.

Also, I think we need (in addition to that other guy’s suggestions) @paranormal_event. Like… a haunting, ghostsounds, an abduction, anal probing, bigfoot sighting, UFO sighting, bermuda triangle disappearances, psychics, psychic reading, palm reading, near-death experience… I’ve phrased all that really oddly, but maybe somebody can make something workable out of that.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

We need

@govt spy agent (foreign). You know, KGB, CIA, Mossad, Department 7, MI6.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Crap, I just accidentally double-posted an Enemy submission. Do you guys fix doubles when you see them?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Y’know which madlib is desperately missing, especially from Angry Replies? @you (or @user). Which would be replaced by the user id which is trying to pwn the forum. It would make those ego attacks oh so much more personal.

The Random O-
ne

Avatar: 1876 Fri Dec 19 13:59:05 -0500 2008

[Nexus Warriors]

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

n00b65 Posted:

@insult_homosexual. I’m not gay, but I strongly oppose the use of derogatory terms towards those who are. Even on a parody site.

I can see what you mean, and I also strongly oppose the use of words meaning ‘homosexual’ as insults that generally just mean ‘jackbum’, but unfortunately it’s still widely used everywhere, so if we’re trying to make a joke on the expense of that I think we should use it.

Well, I’m not going to argue with, you, though. To each his own.

n00b65 Posted:

Y’know which madlib is desperately missing, especially from Angry Replies? @you (or @user). Which would be replaced by the user id which is trying to pwn the forum. It would make those ego attacks oh so much more personal.

^^ QFT, as the cool kids say.

The Random One edited this message on 02/04/2008 10:14AM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Okay, I’ve renamed the forum to fix the typo.

About downvoting homosexual insults and stuff: I believe it’s fair. For me the issue is not censorship. It’s about @insult_homosexual being too easy to abuse.

If you look at the Popular Word Types report, you’ll see that it’s the #3 most popular word type, but it’s quite low on the scored word types report. I think it’s obvious why: it’s a cheap shot. It’s easy to throw in as a last ditch attempt to make your submission more funny, but people are sick of it.

Anyway, I’m not saying “don’t use it”. Nobody will ever get banned for doing it. But if you do use it, try to at least make it clever Log in to see images!

Pubicdawg, don’t worry about duplicates, like typos people will naturally vote them down.

Regarding adding the player’s information into the madlib, it’s actually something Jalapeno asked me for ages ago. The reason I never bothered to implement it was because I actually generate all the random permutations in advance then cache them. But now since I’m doing quoting of the previous post, it’s something I can consider.

New word types

Some of the suggestions were a little complex to do well, but I’ve added these four:

@us_agency
@alien_race
@secret_society
@paranormal

I think they’re self-explanatory!

Evil Trout edited this message on 02/04/2008 2:54PM

Pic

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Eviltrout

the new word types shows up on search, but doesn’t work in the actual posts Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Sorry, just fixed that.

edit: Also I want to send a shout out to the people introducing the foumwarz mythology into the forumbuildr forums. INSIDE Coral Springs: The story zionist bankers don’t want you to know! gets my vote for thread title of the year, even with a total lack of any word types.

Evil Trout edited this message on 02/05/2008 10:46PM

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Honestly, sometimes a submission doesn’t need excessive word types- or even word types at all- to be good. I think sometimes people try to load up a submission with way too many madlibs.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Evil Trout Posted:

Sorry, just fixed that.

edit: Also I want to send a shout out to the people introducing the foumwarz mythology into the forumbuildr forums. INSIDE Coral Springs: The story zionist bankers don’t want you to know! gets my vote for thread title of the year, even with a total lack of any word types.

You can’t determine who wrote those?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

You can’t determine who wrote those?

I can, but never have because it would involve looking it up in the database manually. Also, I like to experience it like you guys do, anonymously.

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

So apparently to get the most votes you need to make posts 49-54 words long with 5 madlibs, on a Monday- according to the statistics, anyway. I shall win the coveted forumbuildr e-peen through the power of math!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Cicadalek Posted:

I shall win the coveted forumbuildr e-peen through the power of math!

I don’t know about that; I tried creating one with the top 12 or 15 highly voted madlibs, but I think it’s netted to about 1 right now Log in to see images!

Pic

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I already have all the forumbuildr e-peens available (I think?). muhahha Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Evil Trout Posted:

I can, but never have because it would involve looking it up in the database manually. Also, I like to experience it like you guys do, anonymously.

Incidentally, “anonymously” is also the way Evil Trout likes to experience gay oral sex. The man’s never met a gloryhole too filthy or jagged to stick his male reproductive organ into.

As he always says, “A brojob is a brojob.”

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

Stop voting my ideas up to 5 then voting them down you jerks Log in to see images!

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Cicadalek Posted:

Stop voting my ideas up to 5 then voting them down you jerks Log in to see images!

Two of my submissions are at -5. Do I win?

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

How about most-balanced? I have one with 9 up votes and 8 down ones.

Pic

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I have a 8 up 8 down Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!