Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Evil Trout Posted:

Sweet, I like it. I also fixed that bug where it was showing last week’s logo by mistake!

Is there any way we can add a background image, too? Those are relatively common on your forum designs.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

HAIL SATIN Posted:

Is there any way we can add a background image, too?

Try something like this: {EDIT: Or don’t, that’s for the title)

#forum_title {

background-image: url(/images/forums/logos/rpgenius.jpg);

background-repeat: no-repeat;

background-position: left;

width: 702px;

height: 121px;

margin-bottom: 10px; }

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/10/2008 3:44PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

You can add a background image using the appproriate CSS, however there is a check in place right now that makes sure you don’t link to other servers or image hosts. Basically what I’m afraid of is people hotlinking to other sites, or using an image host that might delete the image a month down the line.

You’re free to use any of the background images you see as part of the site already, although I know that’s somewhat of a cop-out Log in to see images!

Here’s an example of how you’d set the background image for a forum (this uses the troll background which doesn’t really tile properly, but it’s the same idea)

#forum {
  background-image: url(/images/header/background-troll.jpg)
}

In the future I’ll almost certainly implement some kind of file upload system for ForumBuildr, where you can upload avatars for enemies and other bumets for your style (such as background images), but I’ve got to implement a quota for that so it won’t be done right away.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Yeah, I’m already aware of that, and tried it out but didn’t like any of the existing ones.

edit: ok no one vote for any other forum except the zombie forum because let me tell you I want to do a zombie forum

HAIL SATIN edited this message on 01/11/2008 8:44PM

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

HAIL SATIN Posted:

zombie forum

YES.

I’m afraid I didn’t really contribute anything to this cycle. I got nothin’.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

YES.

I’m afraid I didn’t really contribute anything to this cycle. I got nothin’.

Actually I had a hard time with this material too, because I have never really been to Gaia Online Log in to see images!

I think I’ll do a lot better with the zombie forum Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

This Week’s New Forum: Terra Online!

Thanks to everyone who helped out. I think the material was a little harder than Gamefabulous personS, but we still managed to build a complete forum.

In terms of the difficulty, this one is pretty easy. It’s meant to bridge the hole between Rice, Rice, Baby and Fitness fabulous personry, which some players have had trouble with early on.

Next week’s forum will be Zombie Armageddon. I’d love to create some new word types for this one. Post your suggestions in this thread please Log in to see images!

Niggy Tardust

Avatar: 1652 2009-10-15 11:16:47 -0400

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Evil Trout Posted:

Actually I had a hard time with this material too, because I have never really been to Gaia Online Log in to see images!

I think I’ll do a lot better with the zombie forum Log in to see images!

**** I’ve never even been to gaia online before I just read about it on encyclopedia dramatica

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

hey, wait, the css is all messed up, I had #forum th with no image background and a color instead, and then a 25px wide solid lefthand border on #forum table. Instead it does no such thing (it has the blue gradient background for the header) But it did do something chillin’ to the pwnage meter, though.

HAIL SATIN edited this message on 01/13/2008 4:30PM

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’ve been wondering about something concerning Domination: according to a past state of the wiki, it says the fifth Scoop Flava, Vanilla, isn’t going to be available at release time. However, it’s now been deleted outright from the Scoop page, but not the Flava page. So, what’s up with Vanilla?

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Congratulations to ME.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

I’ve been wondering about something concerning Domination: according to a past state of the wiki, it says the fifth Scoop Flava, Vanilla, isn’t going to be available at release time. However, it’s now been deleted outright from the Scoop page, but not the Flava page. So, what’s up with Vanilla?

This is a little off topic, but yes Vanilla is making the launch. When The Other Other Hole wrote up the Wiki page, he was confused because I hadn’t implemented Vanilla yet and thought we were going to skip it.

Also, after some playing around we decided to change the way vanilla worked (the rewards are slightly different), so rather than update the wiki I just removed it for now. All the code is in place for it so it’ll be there on day one.

UnL337

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I really like the forumbuildr. I think it’s a great idea.

I think it would be cool, though, if we could completely make our own forums too. Then good forums that people make could be rewarded with Flezz. I already have ideas for forums that include replies and so on and so forth.

NOTE: I don’t know how hard this would be to code because I’m a noob.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

UnL337 Posted:

I really like the forumbuildr. I think it’s a great idea.

I think it would be cool, though, if we could completely make our own forums too. Then good forums that people make could be rewarded with Flezz. I already have ideas for forums that include replies and so on and so forth.

NOTE: I don’t know how hard this would be to code because I’m a noob.

The problem is creating an entire forum requires a lot of work, and we found very quickly that it’s best done as a team. In the future we might allow Klans (or interested players such as yourself) to create their own forums from scratch, but I think we’ll have to fine tune the system a little more.

Speaking of   rewards, we are going to start rewarding players whose submissions get picked with a Flezz bounty, in proportion to the difficulty of the submission. For example, getting your logo picked might earn you 500, and we’d pay more for Angry Replies than enemies, since we usually have a shortage of Replies.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Evil Trout Posted:

Speaking of   rewards, we are going to start rewarding players whose submissions get picked with a Flezz bounty, in proportion to the difficulty of the submission. For example, getting your logo picked might earn you 500, and we’d pay more for Angry Replies than enemies, since we usually have a shortage of Replies.

would it be retroactive because I’ve done every single logo and style

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

I think it would confuse people if it was because they’d get a huge sum at once.

Oh, also, I’m going to be addind a new E-Peen™ for people who manage to vote on every single item within a week.

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

it would be a good kind of confusion Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

Oh, also, I’m going to be addind a new E-Peen™ for people who manage to vote on every single item within a week.

That’s damn good motivation. I’m in.

Of course, that could mean a lot of things getting negative votes where otherwise I didn’t care. So it might not be in your best interest to motivate me like that…

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Is Domination still on track for release today or tomorrow or whatever?

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 01/15/2008 6:56PM

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

n00b65 Posted:

That’s damn good motivation. I’m in.

Of course, that could mean a lot of things getting negative votes where otherwise I didn’t care. So it might not be in your best interest to motivate me like that…

honestly everyone should vote on everything, especially now that you can’t see vote totals.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!