Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest Tomorow's Update (and Contest!): The Unifinished Mission of Episode 1

ARMERICA****-
YEAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Yup. Can’t arrest him though. Log in to see images!

Grunduggerer

Level 23 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

I just realized why there is fecal matter everywhere. There’s no bathroom in the apartment.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

“cube” doesn’t do anything. honestly.

cube

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube cube

Cubear Posted:

”cube” doesn’t do anything. honestly.

xxSpectralTe-
arsxx

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

> Eat walnut

You have to pick it up first. Heh heh.

It’s pretty clear what needs to be done.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

Grunduggerer Posted:

I just realized why there is fecal matter everywhere. There’s no bathroom in the apartment.

even animals will just go in a corner instead of letting their droppings lay where they fall.

e: aside from horses because they are moron animals.

Cubear edited this message on 11/18/2007 11:49AM

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I have to say, the parser isn’t the greatest here, usually there are different messages for doing commands wrong than an endless stream of “Sorry, I don’t understand that command.”

It looks like instead of using a real parser you just made certain responses elicit responses depending on what room you’re in, is this correct?

I think this because there aren’t any use <item> on <object> commands, it’s all just some form of use <item>.

Could you at least make <get> <item> commands say “There is no <item> here, or something?

Hamelin edited this message on 11/18/2007 11:56AM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

the command “inspect” creates a blank line.

e: require doesn’t display any messages.

odd stuff, this. totally unrelated to the matter at hand (e-peen)

e:e: i hope you’re keeping a log of the more unusual things typed in to the window to use against us later.

“**** A BRICK” seems to be not a valid command.

Cubear edited this message on 11/18/2007 11:56AM

xxSpectralTe-
arsxx

Level 8 Emo Kid

“Scene Kid”

Cubear Posted:

the command “inspect” creates a blank line.

A few public methods belonging to Ruby’s Object clbum seem to produce the same sort of response… This probably isn’t significant to the game, but rather a consequence of the game’s parser being a gussied-up Ruby DSL.

Razor

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Finished it in about 10 minutes.. Some random commands result on funny stuff.

If you type “jump through window” you get

The daddy mack will make you, jump, jump. Uh huh, Uh huh.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Razor Posted:

Finished it in about 10 minutes.. Some random commands result on funny stuff.

If you type “jump through window” you get

The daddy mack will make you, jump, jump. Uh huh, Uh huh.

“sing” results in the same text.

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

So does dance.

Tony Starks

[Wu-Tang]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How do I leave the bedroom? I’ve tried every combination of words related to opening the door or using the key on it but all I get is an endless stream of “Sorry, I don’t understand that command.”

also lol at “eat key”

edit: durrrrrrr maybe i should have played text adventures before

Tony Starks edited this message on 11/18/2007 12:07PM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

unlock

ARMERICA****-
YEAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

[spoil]Tried unlocking it yet? :3[/spoil]

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

That’s what I was saying, I’ve been conditioned by years of infocom games to never type something as simple as ”unlock door.”

It’s just good form to say “use key on door” or “unlock door with key.”

Also, I like how typing pwn gets you “There are no threads in this room.”
Hamelin edited this message on 11/18/2007 12:11PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Hamelin Posted:

I have to say, the parser isn’t the greatest here, usually there are different messages for doing commands wrong than an endless stream of “Sorry, I don’t understand that command.”

It looks like instead of using a real parser you just made certain responses elicit responses depending on what room you’re in, is this correct?

I think this because there aren’t any use <item> on <object> commands, it’s all just some form of use <item>.

Could you at least make <get> <item> commands say “There is no <item> here, or something?

You sure know your stuff! Yeah, this is something we basically threw together to see if we could create a simple, working Ruby-based text adventure. It needs some beefing up, and the next version will probably be a little more “full featured.”

ARMERICA****-
YEAH

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Cubear Posted:

e:e: i hope you’re keeping a log of the more unusual things typed in to the window to use against us later.

I would never be able to return here. Log in to see images!

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

alright, i got it!

It’s pretty easy just guess the verb

solution:Log in to see images!male reproductive organSHOT! HELL YEAH!
sorry guys.
Cubear edited this message on 11/18/2007 12:18PM

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I don’t think that’s the better ending Trout’s referring to. A few people have gotten the 11 point ending.

Unless he’s lying to us.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Hamelin Posted:

You sure know your stuff! Yeah, this is something we basically threw together to see if we could create a simple, working Ruby-based text adventure. It needs some beefing up, and the next version will probably be a little more “full featured.”
Well, the good thing about writing up a better parsing engine is that once you do it, you’re pretty much set for anything you could possibly want to do with a game like this.

I can’t for the life of me figure out the better ending though, the male reproductive organshot ending definitely isn’t it. What awfully obscure command did you write into this damn thing?
Hamelin edited this message on 11/18/2007 12:29PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!