Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Hamelin Posted:

I have to say, the parser isn’t the greatest here, usually there are different messages for doing commands wrong than an endless stream of “Sorry, I don’t understand that command.”

It looks like instead of using a real parser you just made certain responses elicit responses depending on what room you’re in, is this correct?

I think this because there aren’t any use <item> on <object> commands, it’s all just some form of use <item>.

Could you at least make <get> <item> commands say “There is no <item> here, or something?

You sure know your stuff! Yeah, this is something we basically threw together to see if we could create a simple, working Ruby-based text adventure. It needs some beefing up, and the next version will probably be a little more “full featured.”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!