Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics Is it better to serve in heaven or to rule in hell?

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Seriously. What’s your opinion?

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Depends. How are the tips, in Heaven?

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Serve in heaven? Are you kidding? I mean, what I don’t get, is if the Judeo-Christian-Muslim God existed, why would you even like him? It would be like if I made my employees come to the store on their day off, and spend the day talking about how great I am, and fire them if they didn’t. (And give me money as well). They’d think I was an bumhole.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Cattbum Posted:

Serve in heaven? Are you kidding? I mean, what I don’t get, is if the Judeo-Christian-Muslim God existed, why would you even like him? It would be like if I made my employees come to the store on their day off, and spend the day talking about how great I am, and fire them if they didn’t. (And give me money as well). They’d think I was an bumhole.

I’ve had bosses like that. Log in to see images!

I dont think I’d want to serve any kind of god in Heaven, but I’d rather have a humble, menial existence there than a grand existence in Hell. I just dont deal well with heat.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Serve in heaven. But I am obviously in the minority on FWZ, given so many “imaginary friend” threads around here

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

To serve in heaven would be to surrender your free will. You would be happy, but only because you were not an individual. To rule in hell would be to embrace power. You would always struggle against heaven, and you would always lose, but at least you would be fighting. At least you would be someone.

Marie Antoin-
ette

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I think ruling in Hell sounds like an administrative nightmare. Having power is kind of a pain in the bum.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Goth_Jesus Posted:

but at least you would be fighting. At least you would be someone.

I don’t really get what you’re trying to say here… are you saying that fighting a fight you know you can’t win is somehow noble and you are therefore someone? And also by making the choice to “serve in heaven” doesn’t that mean you still have free will if it’s a choice?

I don’t think I need to be ruling in hell to be happy. And also, what is this “fighting a fight that you will always lose” entail?

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Also, my idea of “serving in heaven” is acknowledging that there is a being greater than myself… I don’t see that as being too bad.

Goth_Jesus

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

FAIL Posted:

Also, my idea of “serving in heaven” is acknowledging that there is a being greater than myself… I don’t see that as being too bad.

Serving implies servitude. In this case, to dedicate one’s life utterly.

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Goth_Jesus Posted:

Serving implies servitude. In this case, to dedicate one’s life utterly.

and what does ruling imply? I bumume that not everyone in hell is ruling… does that mean that not everyone in heaven is serving?

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

Neither are real.

But for the sake of the thread – rule in hell. But I’m biased…

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Both the idea of Heaven and Hell are utterly terrifying to me. As is the prospect that we simply cease to exist after we die.

It either seems to be eternal pain and suffering, or a complete loss of individuality.

Since the widely accepted theological interpretation of Heaven is perfect, that means that all our negative emotions would leave us. Not such a bad thing, maybe, but this also suggests that our freewill will be removed. The capacity to do evil only exist because of freewill. Therefore, to make a truly perfect world, freewill must be removed.

God could have just left out freewill to begin with. Indeed, if freewill was a non issue, the War of Heaven wouldn’t have happened, and Satan would never even have been created. It’s really confusing, and does nothing for my shaky faith.

But anyway. Reign in Heaven or serve in Hell? I guess I just don’t have an answer.

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

My heaven lets me eat lots of pasta, drink from my beer volcano, and have sex with lots of strippers.

Not much “Serving” going on.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Rule in hell. But you know I’d pretty much slack off and just crack a whip at random people for the hell of it. Lazy boss that doesn’t give a ****. Who cares if the place is in shambles… it’s hell, what do you care?

Hell. I bet in Heaven all you do all day is pray and walk around on your knees and your knees get bruised but you can’t complain because God is literally breathing down your neck. In Hell you can sort of chill out and oversee the lesser demons as they torture humans.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

I hate heat so if heaven is like in the movies with a cool poolhouse and you can shoot pool with celebrities, I’d take that.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Pool starts with P with rhymes with C that’s stands for cats, and only cats can go to hell. So no pool in Heaven.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Balloon Posted:

Pool starts with P with rhymes with C that’s stands for cats, and only cats can go to hell. So no pool in Heaven.

Hey, what are you trying to say?

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

hooray another religion thread full of people with no knowledge on the subject beyond what they learned in sunday school when they were 8.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!