Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

You guys are mostly right, but some details are a bit off.

I do a very minor amount of maintenance on the game to keep it “running” but of course it’s impossible to track down and fix every issue. I did go back and edit some of the bits I find too offensive (use of the F-slur for gay people in particular). I also removed a slur for transgendered people.

Forumwarz costs about $20/mo in hosting. With all other fees I pay for (domain, DNS, etc.) it’s probably closer to $30/mo. Most months a few people buy BP but usually not enough to cover costs. That’s not a problem though, I’m happy to pay out of pocket indefinitely. I can’t promise that Forumwarz will always be up because it’s possible some aspect of running it will make it more trouble than it’s worth, but I love that it’s a snapshot of the Internet at a certain point and I’d hate to lose all that.

I actually have moved on from Discourse and am working on a new standalone game as a solo dev, with a goal of launching on Steam. It’s going to take a while, and will bear very little resemblance to this RPG.

I was very lucky with the success of Discourse, and Forumwarz honestly qualified me for that, so it’ll always be an important part of my history and I’ll always be very proud of what we achieved on this stupid dead site.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!