Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Any resemblance to this thread is purely a matter of coincidence, I bumure you.

But seriously, anyone interested in a game of forum D&D? I’m thinking 3.0, core books only, but if you really, really want stuff from the splats, just run it by me.

Characters start at level 4, come up with your own history that eventually ends up with you being thrown in the dungeon. I’m going with the story that I came up with in the quoted thread because, hey, why the hell not? Beats a tavern anyway, as far as I’m concerned.

The young king, much beloved by the people of his kingdom, has just been married. Charmed by a strange, beautiful elven girl that has just appeared from nowhere and stolen his heart, the wedding ceremony was as grand as it was to be expected, and the king seemed happy. But as time went by, the kingdom began to fall into disrepair: the king was ill and getting worse as time went by, taking to his bedchambers more often and leaving his trusted queen to run things in his absence. For the first time in history, there is talk of revolution in the streets.

The general populace are resentful of the “witch queen”, with the common rumour that she was feeding the king a subtle poison so that she may rule in his stead. While she has only ruled for a month, dissent in both the court and the streets has grown so strong that a military curfew has been imposed on the otherwise quiet city. No citizen is allowed to wander the streets past moon up, and the gates are sealed at sun down.

Any interest? Post up your characters here if you are. I’m torn between running the game here or running the game in the RP forum: the latter calls to me, if for nothing but the absolute meta Log in to see images! it will create. But this forum would allow for a more serious role-playing game that will also (with luck) avoid the trolls.

EDIT: For typos and adding of splats.

eponymous_ennui edited this message on 11/12/2007 11:11AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!